+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech beats Alabama

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Re: Tech beats Alabama

It was Jason. I remember he missed the baton rouge alumni meeting because he was accepting an award somewhere

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog44 View Post
    I am pretty sure that Jason Owens made that last tackle, but I could be mistaken.
    I agree - number 40 I think. He ended getting hurt or something and not having much of a career?

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    That Stallworth to Cangelosi will rate the most memorable play in Tech history for a long time. The one that finally beat out the Bradshaw to Liberto pass in the 1968 State Fair game. Anyone out there who saw both live?
    I did, I hate to admit it but I had started to leave the stadium and was standing near the endzone when Bradshaw threw the pass. It was incredible!

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    I agree - number 40 I think. He ended getting hurt or something and not having much of a career?
    As I recall he got both shoulders dislocated, and decided to call it quits. Can't say I blame him.

As an aside, I met his dad and mom in LA when Tech played Southern Cal. We ate dinner at an incredibly expensive (for chinese) restaurant that had been recommended to us by a couple of natives. The difference between California and Alabama Chinese food is amazing.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

I actually called the Alabama Athletic office and ordered a VHS copy of the game.Watch it to get my Tech juices going.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    I actually called the Alabama Athletic office and ordered a VHS copy of the game.Watch it to get my Tech juices going.
    Do they not offer a digital copy?

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Can you post the number? Thanks......

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Bump. Love this video.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

I actally seen a piece of painting from the Alabama game at the Peach Festival yesterday. Nice piece of art work.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    I actually seen a piece of painting from the Alabama game at the Peach Festival yesterday. Nice piece of art work.
    Yeah, Buddy! Maybe we should put up a blue football in the stadium to mark the victory.......oh wait.....we already did!!:bigcry:

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

This game was bigger because Bama was SEC Champs but I would LOVE to see highlights of our Bama victory 2 years prior. I didn't go to that game and don't remember anything about it except for what I read in the newspaper the next day.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I was there, and it was awesome. Andrew Zow was their QB and was talking trash in the papers about how Tech had "gotten lucky" two years earlier when we beat them at their homecoming in Tuscaloosa. I think he said they let us sneak up on them.

We took it to them the whole game, but they climbed back in it and took the lead with just less than 3:00 to go. Rattay had the big drive on an injured foot and Stallworth threw the TD to Cangelosi on the last play. The big drama that most people forget was that our kicker was Kevin Pond and he struggled a little with PATs that year. We needed the point to avoid OT, but he squeaked it over the crossbar. No "sneaking up" in that game. Our WRs made some fantastic catches in the last two minutes of the game to keep the drive going. I specifically remember a diving one-handed grab by James Jordan, and I think that was a 3rd or 4th down conversion of 8 or 10 yards.

I'm pretty sure that is how Maddawg got his name. I can't remember what his screen name was before, but he changed it because we beat the SEC champ on their home field, the Bc$ computers had us ranked as high as 7 or 8, but we didn't break the Top 25 until the last week of the season, because the human voters were biased because we weren't a "major" program. So, he changed his name to reflect his feelings about the voters.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I was there, and it was awesome. Andrew Zow was their QB and was talking trash in the papers about how Tech had "gotten lucky" two years earlier when we beat them at their homecoming in Tuscaloosa. I think he said they let us sneak up on them.

We took it to them the whole game, but they climbed back in it and took the lead with just less than 3:00 to go. Rattay had the big drive on an injured foot and Stallworth threw the TD to Cangelosi on the last play. The big drama that most people forget was that our kicker was Kevin Pond and he struggled a little with PATs that year. We needed the point to avoid OT, but he squeaked it over the crossbar. No "sneaking up" in that game. Our WRs made some fantastic catches in the last two minutes of the game to keep the drive going. I specifically remember a diving one-handed grab by James Jordan, and I think that was a 3rd or 4th down conversion of 8 or 10 yards.

I'm pretty sure that is how Maddawg got his name. I can't remember what his screen name was before, but he changed it because we beat the SEC champ on their home field, the Bc$ computers had us ranked as high as 7 or 8, but we didn't break the Top 25 until the last week of the season, because the human voters were biased because we weren't a "major" program. So, he changed his name to reflect his feelings about the voters.
    You might not be responding to me but I was talking about the game two years prior. I know all about the '99 game and Stallworth to Cangelosi. I wish I could see highlights of the '97 upset. It looks like Edwards had a 50 yard TD. Would love to see that. Or even hear some more about it. Were any of you there for that one??

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    You might not be responding to me but I was talking about the game two years prior. I know all about the '99 game and Stallworth to Cangelosi. I wish I could see highlights of the '97 upset. It looks like Edwards had a 50 yard TD. Would love to see that. Or even hear some more about it. Were any of you there for that one??
    I was there. Stayed in the stadium during the torrential downpour. Don't remember, in detail, the Edwards td, but seem to remember it starting as a screen (surprised?). I do, however, remember Cangelosi catching a pass over the middle on about the 10 and lowering his shoulder through about 3 Bama defenders to score. He was truly the Tide killer.

+ Reply to Thread