+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New helmet rule

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: New helmet rule

I'm not even going to bother reading the other post on this thread because I made up my mind about this stupid lame ass rule within the first two times I saw it put into effect. A player loses his helmet and he has to come out for THE NEXT PLAY. What in the sam hell crap is that? I have no problem with he cannot continue with the play in progress but how in the hell does it protect anyone if the player comes out of the game after he puts his helmet back on, WTF? Stupid mambie pambie BS typical of the day and age we live in. Football as we know it is coming to an end and this is just one more sign of the sissopoclopys that is happening right in front of us. Touch damn football is what we are headed for and it's a sad ass world we live in when a rule like this is considered a good idea.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Before touch football, we'll have 7on7.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I'm not even going to bother reading the other post on this thread because I made up my mind about this stupid lame ass rule within the first two times I saw it put into effect. A player loses his helmet and he has to come out for THE NEXT PLAY. What in the sam hell crap is that? I have no problem with he cannot continue with the play in progress but how in the hell does it protect anyone if the player comes out of the game after he puts his helmet back on, WTF? Stupid mambie pambie BS typical of the day and age we live in. Football as we know it is coming to an end and this is just one more sign of the sissopoclopys that is happening right in front of us. Touch damn football is what we are headed for and it's a sad ass world we live in when a rule like this is considered a good idea.
    I'm not saying it's a good rule, but I think the reasoning behind it is that those who implemented feel as though it's the player's fault (the majority of the time) if his helmet comes off, so by making him sit a play, he'll be sure that it doesn't happen again. This will do two things-1. Prevent a future injury that might occur from the player losing his helmet and 2. Not slow the game down with players having to get their helmets and put them back on.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    one factor you fail to consider is hairstyles. i hypothesize that a major factor in helmets coming off is the fact that so many players have long, thick hair, often rolled into nice round slippery locks, that require them to wear a helmet that is really too big for their head. the helmet then no longer has a good nob to hold on to, which leads to it slipping off, even if the chinstrap is secured. i've got nothing against dreadlocks, but it seems that 90% of the time you see a helmet fly off, the exposed head is dreadlocked.
    It'll reduce the number of helmets coming off.

That's a good thing.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I'm not even going to bother reading the other post on this thread because I made up my mind
    BB&B motto?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    BB&B motto?
    Actually it's Mu Epsilon Pi - Mortuus Equitum Pulsatores

Puppy Crack_-32 is just really niceCrack_-32 is just really niceCrack_-32 is just really niceCrack_-32 is just really niceCrack_-32 is just really niceCrack_-32 is just really niceCrack_-32 is just really niceCrack_-32 is just really niceCrack_-32 is just really niceCrack_-32 is just really niceCrack_-32 is just really nice

Re: Do our Helments not fit

I watched the game on TV and it seemed like every play or every other play our guys head gear was coming off, do they not fit, and the DEFENSE OMG, I hope they work on it this week.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Dixon's helmet came off several times, and the TV director kept the feed on him as he went over to the sideline after one of those times....it dropped back onto his head with no force at all.

Must not want any helmet marks on his head...he won't get any with the helmet that loose. And it will come off several times a game.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Dixon's helmet came off several times, and the TV director kept the feed on him as he went over to the sideline after one of those times....it dropped back onto his head with no force at all.

Must not want any helmet marks on his head...he won't get any with the helmet that loose. And it will come off several times a game.
    I know at least one time it was ripped off by a face mask which was called.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

If the NCAA really wants to stop helmets from coming off, make it a 5 yard penalty from the end of the play.

If I were a coach with the current rule in effect I would tell my players that it will be 10 times up the stadium for every time it came off, starting at 0530 on Sunday morning. :icon_wink:

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Those Houston players are going to seriously hurt somebody if they keep grabbing the facemask like they were last night. That's the most facemask penalties I've ever seen in a game.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Those Houston players are going to seriously hurt somebody if they keep grabbing the facemask like they were last night. That's the most facemask penalties I've ever seen in a game.
    That is what happens when running backs are blowing by you and you can't stop them any other way.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I know at least one time it was ripped off by a face mask which was called.
    I got the game DVR'd and watched this morning. I think it was two facemask and Houston tackled him high.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

When I played, and yes we wore helmets, not the leather kind either, helmets just did not come off unless you took them off, and even then it took effort. I think the problem is that helmets have changed and so maybe the answer is to make the helmets fit tighter and make them more difficult to come off the head.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

After rewatching the game, there is no doubt that several of the players wear their helmets VERY loose. The good part of that is that if they get a facemask the helmet comes off easily and the neck isn't jerked around so severly. The bad part is that they finish the play w/out a helmet on their head. Dixon was the most obvious.

+ Reply to Thread