+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Live mascot for Saturday

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Re: Live mascot for Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I think this is more the issue than finding a good bloodline, from the chatter it sounds like they are looking at how to better take care of the dog instead of having it retire every 2 years.
    Easy.

Find a home with someone who WANTS to take care of a bulldog.

Pay for good vet care.

Build a little dog house with an $80 window AC unit. Plug it into an extension cord.

Have plenty of ice and water.

Don't run him around all over the place when it's hot. Let him just sit and chill.

Don't lock him outdoors in the direct sun for 4 hours when its 105 degrees out.

Easy.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

I think GermDawg is right. The wait is probably more about making sure the next dog is well taken care of in order to increase longevity and quality of living.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    I think GermDawg is right. The wait is probably more about making sure the next dog is well taken care of in order to increase longevity and quality of living.
    But it doesn't take a "year". I want to know who is heading this project. I don't know if we have a person who is owning up to this mascot project.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    Easy.

Find a home with someone who WANTS to take care of a bulldog.

Pay for good vet care.

Build a little dog house with an $80 window AC unit. Plug it into an extension cord.

Have plenty of ice and water.

Don't run him around all over the place when it's hot. Let him just sit and chill.

Don't lock him outdoors in the direct sun for 4 hours when its 105 degrees out.

Easy.

That's half-assed and exactly the kind of stuff the Admin has been ripped on (rightly so) in the past for doing...

But hey what the hell it's just a damn dog doesn't signify anything important why take time and think out how we treat it or try to build up respect and honor it, just go buy another one! Better yet don't even spend any money on it, I'm sure we could go to a kennel and find one that works...

Ya'll are damn ridiculous sometimes...
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 09-12-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I thought Tech XX received great treatment and care except for that day when the fired Vet Tech left him outside too long.

I don't think the admins at Tech care if we continued the mascot program. Besides a "facebook" post, I'm not even sure they officially released a statement regarding his passing. I guess he wasn't that important.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    I know companies --very good companies-- that probably won't hire LA Tech grads when they find out it takes A WHOLE YEAR to do something this simple. Most companies are looking for college graduates who know how to solve problems FAST and grads who can react to changing landscapes quickly. This type of nonsense sends every message you DON'T want to send about LA Tech. Taking more than 30-60 days to do something like this is absurd.

HD

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I know companies --very good companies-- that probably won't hire LA Tech grads when they find out it takes A WHOLE YEAR to do something this simple. Most companies are looking for college graduates who know how to solve problems FAST and grads who can react to changing landscapes quickly. This type of nonsense sends every message you DON'T want to send about LA Tech. Taking more than 30-60 days to do something like this is absurd.

HD
    Overreact much? This solely lies on the 16th floor. This has nothing to do with our students and the quality of students Tech puts into the workforce. Believe me, we have hired several Tech grads and they out perform those that we have hired from A&M, Arkansas, and Texas Tech.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techblue4 View Post
    Overreact much? This solely lies on the 16th floor. This has nothing to do with our students and the quality of students Tech puts into the workforce. Believe me, we have hired several Tech grads and they out perform those that we have hired from A&M, Arkansas, and Texas Tech.
    Did you even read this thread?

KTBS aired a story the other day saying that Tech (SGA, etc.) is taking its time this around in picking a suitable bloodline. It could take up to a year.
    Last time I looked, the SGA stood for Student Government Association. It IS the students. Now if you are implying that KTBS got it wrontg, or that Allgood got it wrong in post #4, then THAT'S a different story. Just back it up with some evidence.

HD

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Last time I looked, the SGA stood for Student Government Association. It IS the students. Now if you are implying that KTBS got it wrontg, or that Allgood got it wrong in post #4, then THAT'S a different story. Just back it up with some evidence.

HD
    I'm sure the SGA is working with the administration in selecting and preparing for a new live mascot. This is not being handled by students alone for sure.

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

HD
    And whatever the SGA decides on has to be approved. Its been discussed before that there have been issues getting things passed by our administration in regards to our mascot. How do you expect the SGA to do this in a timely manner when there is no cooperation from the 16th floor? You were laying fault at our students and saying that Tech grads probably would not get hired by companies "you know" because of the amount of time this is taking, and that is absurd.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

HD
    That just may be the dumbest post I have ever read on this board. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post

That's half-assed and exactly the kind of stuff the Admin has been ripped on (rightly so) in the past for doing...

But hey what the hell it's just a damn dog doesn't signify anything important why take time and think out how we treat it or try to build up respect and honor it, just go buy another one! Better yet don't even spend any money on it, I'm sure we could go to a kennel and find one that works...

Ya'll are damn ridiculous sometimes...
    Exactly what actionable items in my list are "half-assed"? Please be specific. Or maybe you felt I left out some items. In that case, what items that are crucial to a dog's well being did I leave out? Again, please be specific.

You are also blatantly putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about it being "just a damn dog", not respecting it, not spending any money on it, or getting one from a kennel. I believe in top level care for my dogs and for any mascot the school buys. For you to suggest that I feel otherwise kind of pisses me off. Honestly, I can't fathom how you read my post and come away with the impression I said we should just buy any old dog and then not take care of it. It was the exact opposite. I listed numerous items that this board suggested in the past, and many items that have never been done (AC, doghouse, ice on the sidelines, etc.) I think your reading comprehension needs work.

Anyway, my point was that none of the items I listed are freaking rocket surgery. It is just not a complicated issue. We need a dog. People sell dogs. We know what conditions dogs require to be healthy. We know places to buy these things and people to provide them. What, exactly, is so complicated about it?

It in no way should take a year. Building a 6x8 foot doghouse can be done in a day. Walmart sells window units. We already have a good vet in place. We know not to let the dog get too hot. You throw in the vague, subjective concepts of "building up respect and honoring the dog", and suggest that doing that (whatever that actually is) will take a year. Personally, I think not bothering to arrange a mascot shows the most disrespect and lack of caring about the traditions of our school. Again I ask, would Georgia or Yale go a year without Uga or Handsome Dan?

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

When it comes to bulldog proper care and loving home, Nathan has "been there, done that" and made all A's. I would find it hard to question his bulldog creds.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with Nathan and Hogdawg. This is not a difficult procedure. Follow Nathan's basic points and we'll have a lovable live mascot. Now, there are possible health complications with the breed itself so some of it is still a gamble...

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

If we end up with anything other than a real live English bulldog Bill Brasky's ass is going to be red.

+ Reply to Thread