+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Class of 2001 bricks are being installed in alumni pathway

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Class of 2001 bricks are being installed in alumni pathway

Which street is Wisteria -- the entrance from Highway 80 or the one by Tolliver? I never knew Ruston/Tech street names when I was there. California is Highway 80 right? Alalbama runs from downtown to Tech Drive by the baseball field and I just learned that in the last 10 years. I remember when the "Plaza" was a through street. I really like the "Plaza" in lieu of the street. When it was open it was only convenient for the girls in Harper since their front door faced it. Other than that it just contributed to traffic congestion there.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Roundup
    You mean Agent Orange. Gasp.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Which street is Wisteria -- the entrance from Highway 80 or the one by Tolliver? I never knew Ruston/Tech street names when I was there. California is Highway 80 right? Alalbama runs from downtown to Tech Drive by the baseball field and I just learned that in the last 10 years. I remember when the "Plaza" was a through street. I really like the "Plaza" in lieu of the street. When it was open it was only convenient for the girls in Harper since their front door faced it. Other than that it just contributed to traffic congestion there.
    Google mapped it for you.
    http://goo.gl/maps/5MgEU

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I would love for our school to close the middle section of Westeria and brickpave it (example like downtown Charlottesville, VA). It would look nice if we cap each entrance with pillars.

Excellent idea!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Things that are awesome:

1) The Google satellite image taken on a gameday morning.
    2) The BOP is practicing in JAS.
    3) My tent is already set up.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Things that are awesome:

1) The Google satellite image taken on a gameday morning.
    2) The BOP is practicing in JAS.
    3) My tent is already set up.
    Things that are awesome:

A small Farmers market on the corner of Louisiana and Monroe

Things that are not awesome...

Lack of cars around the dorms (Damn you kids that go home on weekends!)

Thanks

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad this is getting caught up, but I so have a question......

Did someone just decide that this needed to be caught up? Did we get funding pushed through to do it? Who know?

Did someone just decide that this needed to be caught up? Did we get funding pushed through to do it? Who know?
    I emailed Reneau and Jim King last year. The money was always there through the "20 for 20" fee that was passed over a decade ago. Part of the money was earmarked for the alumni path project

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

It's been the plan since I've been there to do it in chunks as the bricks are "engraved" before being installed. However, that may change as I heard that Tech was looking into a brick engraving machine (water jet technology) so they could lay the path, then they would only have to take out the 4-6 bricks for the marble(?) graduation year and carve the others in place.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Things that are awesome:

A small Farmers market on the corner of Louisiana and Monroe

Things that are not awesome...

Lack of cars around the dorms (Damn you kids that go home on weekends!)
    Taken on 10/19/12, before the Idaho game so not much excitement for that tailwhipping we were going to give out...

Because I had a little free time, and Google Earth on my work computer, here's the last proposed pathway for the alumni breaks, it's over 1/2 mile (not including any possible splits ala Centennial Plaza), for reference our current brick walkway is right under 1/4 (including splits), could easily continue up to Alumni center loop around it then cross over Tech drive, go down to stadium, up to TAC, loop around, back around stadium, follow Alabama, cross Tech drive, cross Alabama and make it's way back onto campus

Brick Path.JPG

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

I will have to look for my 2001 brick next time I am down.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

look for mine too

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

I now have a brick at 2 universities. 1 at Tech (2000) and 1 at U of Arkansas (2003).

+ Reply to Thread