+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Saints...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Apparently you do buy it. I've noticed the same coaching deficiencies that you have...with Peyton, we're better situationally. He also gets more out of his players. Both of these games were within reach late in the game. I'm confident that if Peyton were around, we'd be 2-0 and staring 3-0 right in the face.

As is, we'll be lucky to be a .500 team come January.
    What I'm saying is Payton shouldn't make a difference to the lack of drive and focus from the team as a whole, and the particular lack of a defense....again. The DC should be in total control of the defense, regardless who the HC is.

The kind of issues plaguing the Saints right now are individual-oriented, and it's up to the players, and the asst coaches to make the corrections. Payton can't go on the field and make those plays the players are not. So, if the issues are this deep-rooted, a good HC can only improve things over the course of the season, thru the off-season, and into next year.

The Saints should be 2-0 no matter who the HC is.....or isn't. It's not like we lost to the Niners and Patriots, or some other contender. We lost to two dregs!

We got serious problems!

But, I harbor just a little bit of optimism....just a tad.....and maybe, just maybe....10-6 and sneak into the playoffs? Maybe?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Disorganized

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This is all on Brees. His greed cost the Saints Carl Nicks and now the right side of the OL couldn't stop a 98 yr grandma from getting into the backfield. So, the $100 million jerk can enjoy his ill-gotten gain. And, he's gonna get hurt, just like I predicted when all this happened. Part of his contract is guaranteed and part ain't. He won't be around to collect the full 100.

Not to mention the refs add a dimension of adventure to the game, don't they!

I will always be a Saints' fan....no choice. Be glad when we can get passed this mess and move on.

Oh, no more optimism. Might as well go 0-16, or at least get to 0-13 to test the theory that Tech wins/Saints lose.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I never thought Brees was worth the money, look at Peyton...

Teams cannot afford to be nostalgic, teams must be smart...

The best QB in the NFC south right now is Matt Ryan and he makes half of what a Brees does.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What do I think????

I'm trying not to.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I think Drew's greed has brought him a major curse. I feared a curse all summer when the negotiations dragged on and on. Karma is a bitch. And the big head and wanting more and more and more when you already have more than most people will have in their lifetime is not asking for good Karma. It's asking for a mighty swift kick in the buttocks for being greedy and putting your already bulging bank account ahead of your team. He has a curse! the whole team has a curse.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree that he asked for and got too much money, but he earned it. That is the NFL and they are all overpaid.
    Matt Ryan?? I'll take Brees. Not even close. Secondly, we would not have been able to afford Nicks regardless of Brees contract. We are already paying Evans what was the highest salary for a guard in the league until Nicks signed with the Bucs. We made an offer, he walked. We miss him but Grubbs has been no worse than anyone else on the line. Bushrod is getting whipped and so is DLP. Anyone that thinks this is Brees' fault isn't paying close attention. Constant pressure in his face, nonexistent running game, and our defense can't stop anyone right now. Payton's absence is the problem. Not Brees.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    I do agree that he asked for and got too much money, but he earned it. That is the NFL and they are all overpaid.
    Matt Ryan?? I'll take Brees. Not even close. Secondly, we would not have been able to afford Nicks regardless of Brees contract. We are already paying Evans what was the highest salary for a guard in the league. We made an offer to Nicks, he walked. We miss him but Grubbs has been no worse than anyone else on the line. Bushrod is getting whipped and so is DLP. Anyone that thinks this is Brees' fault isn't paying close attention. Constant pressure in his face, nonexistent running game, and our defense can't stop anyone right now. Payton's absence is the problem. Not Brees.
    I don't think it's his fault. I think we have a curse.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I am guessing the bags come out after a Green Bay loss

If people down in NO are that stupid... After all this team has done for that city. I swear.

BTW...

Matt Ryan rank 1, passer rating 117.6, salary 11 million, age 27

Drew Brees rank 28, passer rating 71.6, salary 20 million, age 33

Who got the better deal?

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Drew Brees one super bowl ring. Matt Ryan zero Super Bowl rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Matt Ryan?? I'll take Brees. Not even close. Secondly, we would not have been able to afford Nicks regardless of Brees contract. We are already paying Evans what was the highest salary for a guard in the league until Nicks signed with the Bucs. We made an offer, he walked. We miss him but Grubbs has been no worse than anyone else on the line. Bushrod is getting whipped and so is DLP. Anyone that thinks this is Brees' fault isn't paying close attention. Constant pressure in his face, nonexistent running game, and our defense can't stop anyone right now. Payton's absence is the problem. Not Brees.
    That's not how it was reported at the time. The Saints had worked out an offer for Brees, if he had accepted, and were going to franchise-protect Nicks, and offer him as much of a raise they could to meet the minimum increase required under the "franchising" deal. Brees balked and the Saints were forced to use the franchise-protect tag on Brees. We lost Nicks because of Brees' greed. Period. It is well-documented.

Of course Payton's absence is a huge issue. Which, as I posted at the time, was why Brees bucking up and doing the right thing was so critical. He chose greed instead. And as Dawgmatic points out, the football gods frown on such things.

Oh well, this is the NFL! The Colts went from being in the SB to a what, 2-14 record and losing P. Manning! Chit happens. And....this is what being a Saints' fan is all about. If it were easy, anyone could do it!

Geaux Saints!

Geaux Saints!!

+ Reply to Thread