+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking at the stats

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Looking at the stats

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to review the game? I was curious about a few of the penalties that were called on us.

2. The horse-collar penalty on the long gain play - looked like our guy reached over the shoulder and pulled him down by his chest and the ref was out of position. Was it a legitimate penalty?

Even if all three of these were bad calls, we still have alot to clean up, but these looked questionable from where I was sitting.
    Horse-collar was a legitimate penalty.
    Last edited by JuBru; 09-17-2012 at 02:32 PM.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Horse-collar was a legitimate penalty.
    There were several legitimate calls. But there were plenty more bad calls or missed calls.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    There were several legitimate calls. But there were plenty more bad calls or missed calls.
    Yes, but he was asking about 3 in particular. I only remember the horse-collar penalty because they always piss me off no matter who is doing it.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

When running a guy down in order to prevent a TD, I give a pass on the horse collar.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Thanks, JuBru.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

l agree, I'll take a horse-collar 15 yds if the alternative is 6 on the board.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to review the game? I was curious about a few of the penalties that were called on us.

1. The Crowe PI call - from my perspective, it looked bogus - maybe some mutual hand-checking - but nothing worthy of a flag. What really went down?
    2. The horse-collar penalty on the long gain play - looked like our guy reached over the shoulder and pulled him down by his chest and the ref was out of position. Was it a legitimate penalty?
    3. The unnecessary roughness on Mitcham - what happened?

Even if all three of these were bad calls, we still have alot to clean up, but these looked questionable from where I was sitting.
    #3: They didn't show a re-play, but the announcers called it a late hit at the time of the call.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    If the defense dosn't make significant improvements, we will lose 3 of the next four games. Its that simple.

I doubt this...but do get your point. We certainly will not beat aTm with this defense. Virginia will be rough also. Paging T-Spangler! Where are you? Adjustments "are not over-rated." Not even half-time ones. At this point, I think we should be going 3 deep on defense. It looks like our guys are getting tired out there.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    When running a guy down in order to prevent a TD, I give a pass on the horse collar.

Exactly!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rustydawg View Post
    Just did a quick google search, and after 2 games the "top" three running backs with the most fumbles were #1 - a senior, #2 - a junior, and #3 - a sophomore. Not sure what consitutes freshmen mistakes with regards to fumbles.
    That's because there are a lot more Seniors and Juniors and Sophomores getting carries in college football than there are freshmen. THINK, MAN!

HD

+ Reply to Thread