+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's # 1?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Who's # 1?

Why.....it's the lil ole Rummel Raiders!

Senior QB, Damian Williams is hurt again.....or I should say, still, since he's always hurt. Hobbled by a hamstring pull right now.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Who's # 1?

Do they play 5A football south of I-10?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Another failed attempt at humor, MD. tch, tch...

Rummel 38 Jesuit 17 in a battle of unbeatens. Raiders go to 8-0.

Hope we can stay healthy and give a run to the Dome our best shot. In '09 we reached the Dome, but w/o our starting QB and #1 RB, and it got ugly vs. West Monroe. There are at least a half dozen 5A teams that are legit state champion contenders, and some a knotch below that could spring an upset. Taking nothing for granted.

Raider Pride!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Rummel 38 Jesuit 17 in a battle of unbeatens. Raiders go to 8-0.

Hope we can stay healthy and give a run to the Dome our best shot. In '09 we reached the Dome, but w/o our starting QB and #1 RB, and it got ugly vs. West Monroe. There are at least a half dozen 5A teams that are legit state champion contenders, and some a knotch below that could spring an upset. Taking nothing for granted.

Raider Pride!

Yeah, WM got curb stomped last night by a AA Florida team.

They'll still need somebody from the lower crust of 5A to push them a little this year. Maybe Rummel or one of those other Catholic schools will show up this year.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

For what its worth, that Florida team is a 3A not a 2A team Maddawg.

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    For what its worth, that Florida team is a 3A not a 2A team Maddawg.
    Yes, I stand corrected. No shame in getting stomped by a 3A team.:icon_wink:

I never considered using my WM tickets last night. I wanted to listen and watch the Tech game. Tech and College Football a Saturday thing for me. Such a shame that The Don tried to "one up" the local universities once again and was made to look like a fool.

Was just offered seats in a luxury box for that championship Saturday. If I'm down that way, and Rummel isn't playing, I will take the offer. But, if the Raiders are playing I'll be in the student section standing the whole game, just like I do for Tech games.

Was just offered seats in a luxury box for that championship Saturday. If I'm down that way, and Rummel isn't playing, I will take the offer. But, if the Raiders are playing I'll be in the student section standing the whole game, just like I do for Tech games.
    Shortage of stadiums cause them to play on Saturday?

They are full up on Thursday too?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Shortage of stadiums cause them to play on Saturday?

They are full up on Thursday too?
    Yes. Lots of schools, from Class A thru Class 5A and limited stadiums. Rummel plays most of its games on Saturday, always has. Many Saturday night games too over the years.

Big Dog olddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rough

To answer the question - the #1 high school football team in Louisiana is John Curtis. While no 2A has a prayer this year, at least that won't be the case next year, well, except for Calvary Baptist that is not quite able to get the quality of athlete that is "attending" JC and Evangel. That's when John Curtis moves to 3A. I suppose since Evangel will also be moving to 3A, that 3A fans can look forward to these two playing each other every year for the 3A championship instead of 2A championship.

Those schools need to be put in their own classification for all sports with select others. Since nothing is really going to be done to stop the advantages these schools have, I say anyone that decides to follow suit and provide these activities for the benefit of their athletic programs be given the green light to do so, but be told that if you do - then you have to play in 6A or whatever you want to call it. For those that are caught doing it in lower classifications, they could be forced to play in the 6A or ? classification for a two year period.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

But, if the Raiders are playing I'll be in the student section standing the whole game, just like I do for Tech games.
    Kinda old to be in the High School student section arent't ya!?

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Kinda old to be in the High School student section arent't ya!?
    Nope!

Actually, there's a group of us that stand just behind the students. But, either you have school spirit, or you don't. For me, that means standing the whole game. I'm too antsy to sit down anyway.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

He's probably one of those guys that stands at the fence reminiscing about when he played.

Nah! Not at the fence. But, yeah, tell me you don't reminisce, provided you have something to reminisce about. I make no apologies for enjoyng high school football, and being proud of our success, although it did not include a state championship. I sometimes see old teammates at Rummel games and it's good to see them again. They are old and fat like me. Well, just as old, not all as fat!

So, yeah, I will be in Monroe to see my Raiders play.

+ Reply to Thread