+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want a good laugh? Illini post game review

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Want a good laugh? Illini post game review

If you want a really good laugh listening to an Illini fan reviewing the beatdown his team just received, then check out this link.

It's simply hilarious.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Want a good laugh? Illini post game review

This post in the comments section is priceless. LMAO!!!

78 yards was the length of the pass play LT scored on coming out of halftime.
    We had shut them out, 10-0, in the second quarter, but they struck quickly at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, burning our best CB. score: 28-17
    So, when we got the ball back and faced a fourth and inches in our own territory? punt it away:
    punt it away – “we weren’t in 4th down territory”
    punt it away – “gotta trust your defense”
    punt it away – “it’s the right thing to do”

Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong to the infinite on some myriad of levels i haven’t thought of. Why haven’t i thought of them? Well easy – I’m not a genius. Heck, maybe I’m not even of average intelligence, but tonight I think I learned that I’m smarter than the head coach of IL, and I’m not even getting paid millions. You see, there are these things called VARIABLES.
    Ok, here’s what we knew based on the game we’d seen so far:
    1) We can’t really stop them
    2) The quarter where we stopped them – well, let’s see, umm, we just didn’t let them have the ball. we took advantage of the fact that it’s against the rules for them to score without possession of the football.
    3) We got smacked in the mouth after half time because we had to give them the ball (it’s the rules – we got the ball first). They eviscerated the length of the field in one 78 yard play. It would follow that a sane person would conclude that the “battle for field position” wasn’t really a battle at all. it was more of an amicable agreement where the terms were basically “if you are so stupid as to give us (LT) the ball, anywhere, even in Tolono, we will promptly score” It is ludicrous to think that at this point it really matters just where they are positioned on the field. They have proven that they can score with a short field, a long field, and from outer space. I’m not doggin’ our defense – that’s another issue, but it is what it is.

So what do we do? Give them the ball. No, why would we take the risk on a 4th and inches where we might be able to:
    1) Keep the drive alive, and there was a good chance of this – we were moving the ball on them, our running game was relatively competitive and even at times superior to their ability to stop it.
    2) KEEP THE BALL OUT OF THEIR HANDS!
    3) Rest and possibly regroup (with proper coaching) our shell-shocked defense
    4) Up our chances of at least scoring 3 and getting the game within a point.
    5) KEEP THE BALL OUT OF THEIR HANDS!
    6) Worst case scenario – we turn it over on downs after an unlikely line-of-scrimmage stuff or botched snap, and they score, in about 20 SECONDS less time than it took them after the (safe bet, conventional wisdom) punt!
    7) Listen to J, for chrissakes! and. . . .
    8) KEEP THE BALL OUT OF THEIR HANDS!
    but no, we gave them the ball, and everything, predictably, unraveled from there. A competitive game became an embarrassment . . . .31-points-unanswered embarrassing.

. . .and for that reason, i have officially given up on the Beckman era. Granted, I was never really on board, but this is just too reminiscent of the “gotta stop ‘em” post game press conference from his last year at Toledo – it screams “I am who I am and I’m not gonna change!”. it escapes me how an AD could watch that (if he did) and still hire this guy. If you don’t give your team the best possible chance to win with a decision such as he made, you’ve just as well hired an airplane with a trailing banner reading “I HAVE A LIMITED CEILING BECAUSE I AM NOT THAT SMART YET I AM STUBBORN”
    I’ve been an IL fan for life, and football has always mattered much more to me than BBall. for this reason, games like this pain me more than they probably or possibly should. I really don’t expect much. i have no desire for them to be a juggernaut in a juggernaut conference like Alabama in the SEC. I really truly don’t. IL football would become uninteresting to me at that point because then I would know that the bad things (money money money, winning at all costs, unadulterated corruption the game of college football, douchebag coaches who win but make you throw up in your mouth, insane fanbases that want to win no matter what, etc. . .) had won. All I want is for us to do just a little – so ever slightly – better than we should and then, when the stars align, experience that dream season which is far beyond the comprehension of the typical USC, Alabama, LSU, OSU, even PSU fan can possibly experience. I don’t ever want us to sacrifice our standing as an academics-first institution to the golden altar that is big-time NCAA money-grubbing.
    But my question is this: Why can’t we get the smarter coach? UI is an institution that stakes its reputation on its academic status, right?. Should we not realize that we cannot (and really have no desire to) out-recruit certain other colleges for the elite talents that do not meet this standard? It would and should follow that we shouldn’t consistently expect to be able to land the type of freak athlete that is commonplace at each position in certain SEC schools. Faced with this disadvantage as (to a greater degree) schools such as NW and Stanford which are nonetheless competitive and even (in Stanford’s case) contenders. All i want for us to do is to capitalize on our inherent advantages over schools such as NW and Stanford and BE WHERE WE SHOULD BE! I know we can out-recruit NW, if we could only match their level of coaching, we’d be WHERE WE SHOULD BE!
    i would be so excited to be an IL fan if we would only consistently BE WHERE WE SHOULD BE! What amazes me is how much time and energy I continue to invest in a team that is consistently below where it should be, yet how ecstatic I’d be with a team that just outsmarted the juggernauts, as it should, because the juggernauts are all brawns, not brains.
    i really don’t honestly care where that “should” is, I just want to be there. I’m so sick of being fairly consistently below it for an entire lifetime (39 years) of fandom that I am about to give up hope.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Louisiana Tech; give us the ball and we will score on you from outer space.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

I feel that guy's pain. He obviously would like to see a game that has not been corrupted by big money. It's too bad college athletics don't have a governing body that could keep the playing field even for everyone. I love his description of the game though. Sounds like he is making some of the same points that some of us were making last year.

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

Although his first #3 statement (it's the rule to alternate who starts halves with the ball) isn't exactly correct as we remember all too well from the Hawaii game last season

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It is ludicrous to think that at this point it really matters just where they are positioned on the field. They have proven that they can score with a short field, a long field, and from outer space. I’m not doggin’ our defense – that’s another issue, but it is what it is.
    That's a classic meltdown.

HD

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    I feel that guy's pain. He obviously would like to see a game that has not been corrupted by big money. It's too bad college athletics don't have a governing body that could keep the playing field even for everyone. I love his description of the game though. Sounds like he is making some of the same points that some of us were making last year.
    S*** he's sound,s like me until about four years ago.

Varsity Bulldog dogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the rough

Just a few years ago, Dooley said we couldn't complete a pass against air. We've come a long way.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Looks like pride even during the fall to me! Very few of them admit that they played a very good team and most are gathering their torches and pitch forks for the riot. They need to reserve some embarrassment for their lack of insight on what happened and why!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

It's all too delicious. But we know how they feel. It's not fun.

Big Dog SeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the rough

Wow... That's just sad.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    If you want a really good laugh listening to an Illini fan reviewing the beatdown his team just received, then check out this link.

It's simply hilarious.
    I really like that guy's attitude. We've all been there, and you just have to laugh sometimes to keep from losing your mind.

I felt that way a lot during the Bicknell years. By the way, did anyone else notice today that he is a coach for the Chiefs? I will now pull for anyone who plays the Chiefs as long as that clown is there.

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

Very entertaining audio. Thanks for posting.

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Hate to laugh at misfortune but the audio clip was very funny. I posted that a few places...

+ Reply to Thread