+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AP poll week 5

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: AP poll week 5

Quote Originally Posted by SeekerHound View Post
    To be honest, I'd be amazed if SD isn't on the top of their list.

Prepare to be amazed!

Long is going to be under extreme pressure to hire a "big name" to appease the pig crowd. A lot of them are really upset with him for firing BP. Malzahn may be a candidate if he does well this year, and because he is a legend and crowd favorite in AR. But right now, I would say that there is an 85% chance that the next UA coach will be named Briles, Strong, or Franklin (not necessarily in that order).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I'd rather continue flying under the radar right now. Accolades will come when the time is right. And then it'll be like a tidal wave! We'll rocket up the rankings as a few voters scramble to "scoop" others and then the lemmings, that are media-types, jump on the bandwagon.

Of course, we'll have to be 6-0 and that will mean beating aTm. But, watch out when we do!
    After we beat Texas A&M, there will be no where to hide. The secret will be out. We'll shoot up the rankings quickly. I'm sure there will be a lot of comparisons to Boise State.

HD

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Not high profile enough for Arkansas.
    You're right about that. The Ark. AD is in deep do do right now over the hiring of Smith. His next hire will have to be a sure thing and somebody all the fans will approve of..

Big Dog olddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I'd rather continue flying under the radar right now. Accolades will come when the time is right. And then it'll be like a tidal wave! We'll rocket up the rankings as a few voters scramble to "scoop" others and then the lemmings, that are media-types, jump on the bandwagon.

Of course, we'll have to be 6-0 and that will mean beating aTm. But, watch out when we do!
    This! I think had we played and beaten aTm from game one, we would be receiving a lot of love right now. However, as most all others have 4 games in vs our 3, things are a bit skewed and of course, one must always consider the money, media, and market shares that far too often are at the very least a factor to be considered when a team is "ranked."

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

I saw where we had a total of 7 votes for the Top 25 poll. There are A LOT of teams ahead of us (i.e. Northwestern, UCLA, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia Tech, Arizona, Iowa St, Wisconsin, Oklahoma St, Texas A&M, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Arizona St). I think we have to beat BOTH Virginia and A&M to be in the Top 25.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    You're right about that. The Ark. AD is in deep do do right now over the hiring of Smith. His next hire will have to be a sure thing and somebody all the fans will approve of..
    Yep. Sucks for him, too. He saved the university. They should be thankful.

+ Reply to Thread