+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lady Techster Tradition

Varsity Bulldog svb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the rough svb002's Avatar

Lady Techster Tradition

What is the Lady Techster Tradition? Sure, it's the banners, the stars, sleeves, Columbia blue, and accolades. But there's so much more to it.

In my parent's house, first and foremost in Tech athletics are the Lady Techsters. The first thing my mom did when she and my dad became empty nesters was to buy season tickets.

My childhood is dominated by Lady Techster memories. I remember my first game in 1988... Attending my first camp... Sitting on the floor as a fifth grader, mouth agape, as that shot went in... Being there in person to see our team give the national team a fit in 1996... Attending my first NCAA games at the TAC in 2000... The honor of having the amazing Betty Lennox as my camp counselor at camp that final year... Hearing my mom's stories about attending games in Memorial Gym as a student - feet stomping the bleachers, nobody sitting down the entire game, FJ getting ejected... Her memories of playing against Tech greats Angela Turner and Pam Kelly in high school...

The Lady Techster Tradition is the women and girls they have touched. I'm sure my mom wishes she could have been a Lady Techster. I'm almost thirty, and I still wish I could have been! One day, there will be a third generation of girls who will want to be a Lady Techster.

We all still look up to you. THAT is the greatest tradition.

Good luck this season, ladies! You know we have your backs!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Lady Techster Tradition

Quote Originally Posted by svb002 View Post
    What is the Lady Techster Tradition? Sure, it's the banners, the stars, sleeves, Columbia blue, and accolades. But there's so much more to it.

In my parent's house, first and foremost in Tech athletics are the Lady Techsters. The first thing my mom did when she and my dad became empty nesters was to buy season tickets.

My childhood is dominated by Lady Techster memories. I remember my first game in 1988... Attending my first camp... Sitting on the floor as a fifth grader, mouth agape, as that shot went in... Being there in person to see our team give the national team a fit in 1996... Attending my first NCAA games at the TAC in 2000... The honor of having the amazing Betty Lennox as my camp counselor at camp that final year... Hearing my mom's stories about attending games in Memorial Gym as a student - feet stomping the bleachers, nobody sitting down the entire game, FJ getting ejected... Her memories of playing against Tech greats Angela Turner and Pam Kelly in high school...

The Lady Techster Tradition is the women and girls they have touched. I'm sure my mom wishes she could have been a Lady Techster. I'm almost thirty, and I still wish I could have been! One day, there will be a third generation of girls who will want to be a Lady Techster.

We all still look up to you. THAT is the greatest tradition.

Good luck this season, ladies! You know we have your backs!
    Good post....... My experience is about the same. It started in high school for me (I am older than you...). I remember that big game with ODU at Memorial with people lined up to get in to a sold out game. My parents were season ticket holders in the real early days and still are today. I remember those National Championships and every girl wanting to be a Lady Techster when they got old enough. It was a sense of pride for the community and nationally.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: Lady Techster Tradition

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Good post....... My experience is about the same. It started in high school for me (I am older than you...). I remember that big game with ODU at Memorial with people lined up to get in to a sold out game. My parents were season ticket holders in the real early days and still are today. I remember those National Championships and every girl wanting to be a Lady Techster when they got old enough. It was a sense of pride for the community and nationally.
    ---
    What an incredible past the Techsters have had!
    It's time to get back to those glory days and create a new tradition of the current Techster program with TSpoon leading the charge would be awesome as well!
    This years team is going to be fun to watch and may have some growing pains but with no Sr.s expect for the 5th year grad transffer working on her masters from Temple next year when we get in the C-USA we should be a dominate program for sure!
    A quality schedule, some BIG crowds, and winning will help the new tradition get going!
    Loving this Football Season but can't wait till BBall season to get kicked off here!

+ Reply to Thread