+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MNF Refs

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Re: MNF Refs

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    So he is employed by the NFL team owners? Can he be fired? Has there ever been one fired?
    I think it'd be a huge (and probably invalid) assumption to think that Goodell isn't doing exactly what the owners want. The bargaining with the refs isn't really directly in his purview, I don't think. That's on the owners as a group. Just like the player lockout was last year. These are greedy suckers who want every dime they can squeeze. Goodell is just the suit who runs the main office.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

The funny thing about the call was that it was reviewed in the booth by a regular replay official. Sure the replacement ref screwed up the call, but the replay officials are the same ones that have always been there and are supposed to provide a safety net.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    The funny thing about the call was that it was reviewed in the booth by a regular replay official. Sure the replacement ref screwed up the call, but the replay officials are the same ones that have always been there and are supposed to provide a safety net.
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but do you think the "regular" ref in the booth messed this up on purpose to help his locked out comrades by making the replacements look like morons? I still think the majority of the blame rests on the refs who made the call, but I can't help wondering about the motives of the guy in the booth (and they are all former NFL refs) who used to work with the guys that are currently locked out.

If you watched the game, you just knew those two guys were going to blow it. They both ran up to the play and immediately started looking at each other. Each guy started slowly moving his hands, and it looked like each was waiting on the other to make the call. Realizing that the "other guy" wasn't doing anything, they both decided to make a call, and they made that decision at the same time. But, they signaled different things. Funny but pathetic.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but do you think the "regular" ref in the booth messed this up on purpose to help his locked out comrades by making the replacements look like morons? I still think the majority of the blame rests on the refs who made the call, but I can't help wondering about the motives of the guy in the booth (and they are all former NFL refs) who used to work with the guys that are currently locked out.

If you watched the game, you just knew those two guys were going to blow it. They both ran up to the play and immediately started looking at each other. Each guy started slowly moving his hands, and it looked like each was waiting on the other to make the call. Realizing that the "other guy" wasn't doing anything, they both decided to make a call, and they made that decision at the same time. But, they signaled different things. Funny but pathetic.
    They looked like they just ran up on the scene of an accident moments after it occurred.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Tweet from ESPN's Adam Schefter:

There is "an agreement in principle at hand" per @mortreport that means the sides are "just about finished with the agreement in principle."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Peter King from SI tweeted this:

@SI_PeterKing: I'm hearing NFLRA negotiator Scott Green has notified officials that a deal is not imminent. Stay tuned, obviously.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I heard that the replay officials cant overturn possession. All they could do is review rather he came down in bounds or the ball never hit the ground, etc. I heard this on Mike and Mike and a few others, but I am not sure. Seems like they should be able to award possession, but a lot of people said the replay officials cant. It is like a judgement call, much like the FG at the end of the Ravens-Pats game.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I heard that the replay officials cant overturn possession. All they could do is review rather he came down in bounds or the ball never hit the ground, etc. I heard this on Mike and Mike and a few others, but I am not sure. Seems like they should be able to award possession, but a lot of people said the replay officials cant. It is like a judgement call, much like the FG at the end of the Ravens-Pats game.
    I heard this too and it is wrong. You can overturn possession in the end zone.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I heard this too and it is wrong. You can overturn possession in the end zone.
    Yeh seems to make sense. You can judge if the ball was simultaneously possessed or not. It isnt that hard.

+ Reply to Thread