+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just another brick in the wall

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Just another brick in the wall

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    Two questions:
    1. How many P5's have we played in that 25 year span?
    2. Do we include teams that weren't P5 when we played them but are now such as Tulsa?
    I went by current conferences, but Tulsa is not in a P5 conference.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

This site shows all of the wins and losses for the most part.

http://www.winsipedia.com/louisiana-tech

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

http://www.winsipedia.com/louisiana-tech

Cool site, didn't realize we officially have a winning record over Alabama.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

We need to schedule some more B1G teams...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Hogg about getting some home games. I know it is possible. Of course, ULL and ULM have a little easier time, because the Big5 can get a road win easily in their minds. The stronger G5 team we become, the harder it is to get big names to Ruston.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Don't we get Miss. St at home in '16?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    Yes, they are on the sked, but many think they will buy it out.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yes, they are on the sked, but many think they will buy it out.
    Don't let them buy it out.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree with Hogg about getting some home games. I know it is possible. Of course, ULL and ULM have a little easier time, because the Big5 can get a road win easily in their minds. The stronger G5 team we become, the harder it is to get big names to Ruston.
    I don't think so under the new playoff format. Just ask Baylor and TCU how important it is to schedule strong teams vs weak teams, including strong G5's.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I don't think so under the new playoff format. Just ask Baylor and TCU how important it is to schedule strong teams vs weak teams, including strong G5's.
    True, but the B12 has always done that. They have 2 choices now - either schedule stronger G5's or add some teams. Getting them to add a strong G5 as an away game might be stretching it, though. If they beat them at their place, it counts the same. I think it will be interesting to see what they do. My bet is they add teams and keep playing a weak OOC. Actually, the SEC doesn't have a lot to brag about in that department either, with a few exceptions. The mid SEC and top B12 ask us to their place on a regular basis.

I am with you, though. The only way we get this done is to demand they play us at our place on, at least, a 2 for 1. I also agree with Tyler about not letting MState buy out of their return game. I wouldn't have wanted them this year, but in 2016, it might be a whole different story.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    True, but the B12 has always done that. They have 2 choices now - either schedule stronger G5's or add some teams. Getting them to add a strong G5 as an away game might be stretching it, though. If they beat them at their place, it counts the same. I think it will be interesting to see what they do. My bet is they add teams and keep playing a weak OOC. Actually, the SEC doesn't have a lot to brag about in that department either, with a few exceptions. The mid SEC and top B12 ask us to their place on a regular basis.

I am with you, though. The only way we get this done is to demand they play us at our place on, at least, a 2 for 1. I also agree with Tyler about not letting MState buy out of their return game. I wouldn't have wanted them this year, but in 2016, it might be a whole different story.
    First, don't overestimate us. Nobody in the Big XII is afraid of LA Tech. Just the opposite, I suspect it would be easier than ever for LA Tech to schedule football games with Big XII teams these days.

I believe LA Tech could schedule a home game with Baylor right now if our leadership would just grow a pair. I called over to T-Mac's office last week to remind him that Baylor has 3 possible dates that we could work with in Sept of 2015. For example, Baylor desperately needs to strengthen their schedule for 2015, and dropping a Sept matchup against LAMAR appears to be inevitable. Unfortunately, I believe our guys would view this as an opportunity to schedule Lamar instead of Baylor. It's that 'Southland Conference" mentality.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Also have to remember that the 2 for 1 scenario is really tough to coordinate. Our best bet is to go after the home and home wih Kansas, Kentucky, Wake Forest, Vandy, Texas Tech, Iowa State or other similar. Also, while your at it, work on bball games with those same schools. Some of those would commit to H and H deals.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

In 2 years we might as well be part of the SEC West instead of the CUSA West =X If we win those 3 games, if we keep em that is, 3 weeks in a row, I feel like an early top 25 ranking isn't out of the question.

+ Reply to Thread