+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big East officially Non-AQ

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Big East officially Non-AQ

... Now there will be at least one such team each year from a group of conferences that includes Conference USA, MAC, Sun Belt, Big East and Mountain West, going forward beginning in 2014.

... Instead, the Big East will be competing with four other non-AQ conferences for that automatic spot going forward, for less money.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...th-$20-million

So why did Boise St and SD State leave the MWC and Houston, Memphis, UCF, and SMU leave CUSA?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Big East officially Non-AQ

I thought it was Big East vs (CUSA, MWC, MAC, or SBC) i.e. BEAST gets one spot the other 4 fight it out...

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    ... Now there will be at least one such team each year from a group of conferences that includes Conference USA, MAC, Sun Belt, Big East and Mountain West, going forward beginning in 2014.

... Instead, the Big East will be competing with four other non-AQ conferences for that automatic spot going forward, for less money.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...th-$20-million

So why did Boise St and SD State leave the MWC and Houston, Memphis, UCF, and SMU leave CUSA?
    I read the article a couple of times just to make sure I was comprehending it right, and still not sure that I am, but it looks like you are correct. The BE is no longer AQ and all the members have guaranteed to them at this point is the TV contract and a Chance to play in a BCS bowl.

With the BE no longer being an AQ team could this possibly effect the TV contract? There could be a clause in the contract that the BE be AQ, wouldn't that be a blow to the recently joined members.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I read the article a couple of times just to make sure I was comprehending it right, and still not sure that I am, but it looks like you are correct. The BE is no longer AQ and all the members have guaranteed to them at this point is the TV contract and a Chance to play in a BCS bowl.

With the BE no longer being an AQ team could this possibly effect the TV contract? There could be a clause in the contract that the BE be AQ, wouldn't that be a blow to the recently joined members.
    I have to think that the answer to both of those questions is yes.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

AQ still exsist without the BE. BCS is no more. (I say this for myself more than anybody else because it will take some getting used to.)

Current AQ less BE will get 13 spots guaranteed. The rest get a shot at one spot if they decide to form the lesser paying 7th bowl.

I shouldn't take much of a lawyer to file a lawsuit regarding this crap.

What will Boise and SD State do? Houston, Memphis, SMU were all sports right?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

So, Tech (and the others) WILL have a shot at a playoff bowl game. I thought that yesh guy who posted here said after 2014 we'd have no chance. Well, will we, or won't we?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So, Tech (and the others) WILL have a shot at a playoff bowl game. I thought that yesh guy who posted here said after 2014 we'd have no chance. Well, will we, or won't we?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So, Tech (and the others) WILL have a shot at a playoff bowl game.

Technically and on paper, yes. Every school does. With the 7th bowl game, we have a much better shot at it (the bowl game). The playoffs will be the private domain of the big 5 until it expands.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

NCAA FBS football is turning into a money driven joke and may ruin the game we love.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    NCAA FBS football is turning into a money driven joke and may ruin the game we love.

I think you are right. Except that I think it has already ruined the game. It ruined the NFL and then turned its ugly head to college (amature) sports.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    NCAA FBS football is a money driven joke and will ruin the game we love.
    FIFY

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    AQ still exsist without the BE. BCS is no more. (I say this for myself more than anybody else because it will take some getting used to.)

Current AQ less BE will get 13 spots guaranteed. The rest get a shot at one spot if they decide to form the lesser paying 7th bowl.

I shouldn't take much of a lawyer to file a lawsuit regarding this crap.

What will Boise and SD State do? Houston, Memphis, SMU were all sports right?
    But we've all known this was coming for a long time. They knew the BE wasn't going to have an automatic spot in the biggest bowls before they joined.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    But we've all known this was coming for a long time. They knew the BE wasn't going to have an automatic spot in the biggest bowls before they joined.
    I don't recall reading anything predicting they would completely scrap the BCS until they decided to do it.

Exactly how long have you know this was coming?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I don't recall reading anything predicting they would completely scrap the BCS until they decided to do it.

Exactly how long have you know this was coming?
    I don't know. When did they officially ok the playoff? I remember reading a lot about how every single proposal (outside of sticking to status quo) hurt the BE. Because they didn't have their own tie-in (like the ACC/Orange, Big10Pac12/Rose, Big12/Fiesta, SEC/Sugar), they were always going to get kicked to the curb in any possible re-do of the system (including a reversion to the pre-BCS system).

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I don't know. When did they officially ok the playoff? I remember reading a lot about how every single proposal (outside of sticking to status quo) hurt the BE. Because they didn't have their own tie-in (like the ACC/Orange, Big10Pac12/Rose, Big12/Fiesta, SEC/Sugar), they were always going to get kicked to the curb in any possible re-do of the system (including a reversion to the pre-BCS system).
    Okay. We aren't as far apart on this as I thought.

I've thought all along that the powers would have to do away with the BCS completely if they wanted to eliminate the possibility of a "lesser" team having a shot at a playoff. I also thought the lessers included the BE teams.

Since they have completely shut out 50 to 60 teams I hope they will be facing legal action.

+ Reply to Thread