+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General Auto- Racing Thread

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

General Auto- Racing Thread

Not sure how many people here follow auto-racing, so I figured just a general catch-all thread would suffice.

Michael Schumaker is retiring (again) at the end of this season. Whether he stays retired remains to be seen.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...a-one/1612707/

Also in other F1 news, New Jersey has lost their contract to host a race a few days after it being confirmed as having a race June 2013. The backers didn't meet some terms of the contract so F1 had it annulled. This is a blow to F1 in America. Then again, the F1 race at Texas' Circuit of the America's (Austin) is happening next month and it would benefit them to be the sole race.
    http://www.formula1.com/races/in_det...ed_states_882/

They have several other racing series coming. May attend the American Le Mans Series race there (plenty of time to plan ahead).

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: General Auto- Racing Thread

Already have tickets and room and board set for the F1 race in Austin. Caught the last US Grand Prix in Indy about 5 years ago and last year's Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal. These are awesome can't miss events. Unfortunately, the US GP is the same weekend as Utah State game in Ruston, so I will have to miss the game.

When we lived in ATL we would go to the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. It was a good time, but not at all comparable to F1 events.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

BORING!

Gee, looky there, another left turn.

Not impressed with anything that I can do just as well. Don't believe me? Come for a drive with me in my 410hp Genesis. Whoa!

Vrrrrrooom! That was exciting....

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Already have tickets and room and board set for the F1 race in Austin. Caught the last US Grand Prix in Indy about 5 years ago and last year's Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal. These are awesome can't miss events. Unfortunately, the US GP is the same weekend as Utah State game in Ruston, so I will have to miss the game.

When we lived in ATL we would go to the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. It was a good time, but not at all comparable to F1 events.
    I'm jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    BORING!

Gee, looky there, another left turn.

Not impressed with anything that I can do just as well. Don't believe me? Come for a drive with me in my 410hp Genesis. Whoa!

Vrrrrrooom! That was exciting....
    Not boring. Most races, especially F1 races, are exciting. Even NASCAR has its moments.

You couldn't do it for 3+ hours.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I'm jealous.

Not boring. Most races, especially F1 races, are exciting. Even NASCAR has its moments.

You couldn't do it for 3+ hours.
    Wanna bet? I do it for longer than that!

I did watch some recently...

this white car got on the bumper of a red car, riding the slipstream, and together they passed a line of cars that had been ahead of them. Then, once clear of that traffic, the white car accelerated, cutting the tangent to the left and passed the red car. Saw this on I-49. Just another day on the highway!

Vrrroom!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

F1 cars don't do so well in the slipstream of another car unless they are in a straight away. Then they use it to get an aero-tow for a couple seconds. If you get too close in the twisties you could lose critical downforce and go off the track.

And the F1 cars have more than 6 times the HP:weight ratio over your Genesis.

0-62 mph: 1.7 seconds
    0-124 mph: 3.8 seconds
    0-186 mph: 8.6 seconds
    6g deceleration and lateral acceleration

Hungary has one corner where drivers are subjected to 4.5 to 5.5 gs of lateral acceleration for 7 seconds.

Now THAT would be a fun ride.

Maybe, but my Genesis also has comfy leather seats!

Besides, it'll top out at 165mph easily and you simply can't drive that fast without attracting unwanted attention anyway. Now, where the Gen is awesome is its rapid acceleration, like 45 to 95 in a blink of an eye! Great for darting in and out of traffic on...ya know.... I-45 heading into Houston, for instance. Love it! and not for the faint of heart .

Obviously a few days late, but wow.

Hated restrictor plate racing when it started and still do.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Auto Racing would be better if they held soccer games on the track.

Well....looky here:

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/sedan-sm...mily-cars.html

The Genesis is #1. What a surprise......not!

Mine is the V8 4.6L (385hp) with added turbo (410hp).

For overall features, it is the best car on the road. Perhaps that's why it is rated #1.

Well....looky here:

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/sedan-sm...mily-cars.html

The Genesis is #1. What a surprise......not!

Mine is the V8 4.6L (385hp) with added turbo (410hp).

For overall features, it is the best car on the road. Perhaps that's why it is rated #1.
    Maybe you linked the wrong article? The Genesis is not a family sedan.

Sure it is! a 4-door sedan, that me and my family ride in. What else would you call it?

Now, there is a Genesis coupe (2-door) but it's standard engine tops out around 320hp only. Not enough gitty-up! I did test drive it. It's a good car though.

Hmmm.....I might have to trade up to the Equus. Need to drive one of those. It's standard V8 is 421hp. Add a turbo and watch out! Haven't even sat in one before. I will be in Houston soon, will stop by the Hyundai dealership and test drive an Equus.....just for kicks.

Sure it is! a 4-door sedan, that me and my family ride in. What else would you call it?

Now, there is a Genesis coupe (2-door) but it's standard engine tops out around 320hp only. Not enough gitty-up! I did test drive it. It's a good car though.
    Explain it to the article, because the Genesis isn't one of the 6 listed.

And typically when talking about racing and the Genesis, you don't think of the sedan.

Doesn't really matter though. Your car can not race against F1 or NASCAR cars (among many others), and you couldn't last in even their shortest race.

+ Reply to Thread