+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me about Ruston/LaTech.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Tell me about Ruston/LaTech.

I agree with everyone on here. With my job, I can live anywhere in the country. We chose to move to Ruston, because it's clean, safe, and friendly. Tech is the hub of the community, and we're on a regular basis. Nightlife and entertainment are growing. There's a second theater coming, and more restaurants keep moving in. There seems to be a pretty active catholic group, with the church surrounded by campus.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by futuretechdad? View Post
    There was actually a "college fair" day at her school yesterday and Tech had a representative there and we got a number to set up an individual campus visit. I really need to research the honors program.
    Here is a link to the Louisiana Tech Honors Program: http://www.latech.edu/honors/

Dr. Donald Kacvinsky is the current Dean of the College of Liberal Arts which includes the Bachelor in Music program. Before that, he was in charge of the Honors Program for about 7 years. If you and your daughter talk with him, you can discuss the music program and the Honors Program at the same time.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    I agree with everyone on here. With my job, I can live anywhere in the country. We chose to move to Ruston, because it's clean, safe, and friendly. Tech is the hub of the community, and we're on a regular basis. Nightlife and entertainment are growing. There's a second theater coming, and more restaurants keep moving in. There seems to be a pretty active catholic group, with the church surrounded by campus.
    Hate to break it to you, but there is NOT a second theater coming. You have become yet another victim of one of the most elaborate business punks in Ruston history, all designed to stick it to a particular individual.

I'm not kidding, and yes I know there is a sign on the property.

Puppy futuretechdad? is on top of his/her gamefuturetechdad? is on top of his/her gamefuturetechdad? is on top of his/her gamefuturetechdad? is on top of his/her gamefuturetechdad? is on top of his/her gamefuturetechdad? is on top of his/her gamefuturetechdad? is on top of his/her gamefuturetechdad? is on top of his/her gamefuturetechdad? is on top of his/her gamefuturetechdad? is on top of his/her gamefuturetechdad? is on top of his/her game

She's not a top 1% talent, her goal is music education at the University level so she knows she is not finished with her education when she gets her undergrad.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but there is NOT a second theater coming. You have become yet another victim of one of the most elaborate business punks in Ruston history, all designed to stick it to a particular individual.

I'm not kidding, and yes I know there is a sign on the property.
    Interesting

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

There will soon be a whataburger next to Logan's though...

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Professional musicians from TECH

Kicks Brooks of Brooks and Dunn
    Trace Adkins

I always describe TECH as a can do school.
    That is the one intangible that I think the school teaches. Every graduate of TECH I have run across in the workplace exhibits that can do attitude.
    I, my brother, his wife and both of their sons graduated from TECH.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

Every graduate of TECH I have run across in the workplace exhibits that can do attitude.
    That is interesting that you use that wording. When we talk about our engineering curriculum and what we want the outcomes to be, that phrasing is almost exactly what we use.

On the topic of Louisiana Tech University as a school of choice, I can't agree more. I came here in 1992 as an engineering student and I am still here 20 years later as a faulty member. Of course, I would like to see your daughter take a look at our engineering programs , but I know that the other programs on campus are equally as good. I will mention though that musical talent and engineering are often found together. In fact, I would guess that at least half of our engineering faculty are musically inclined.

Anyway, I hope that you and your daughter enjoy your visit to Louisiana Tech and Ruston!

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

One word, "Family". At Tech, you are not a small fish in a big pond. It did not take long after I started at Tech to realize this. The faculty, staff, and community realize embrace and care for the students. I could make a long list if the things I like about Ruston and Tech but this stood out most to me after my four years there.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDawg View Post
    That is interesting that you use that wording. When we talk about our engineering curriculum and what we want the outcomes to be, that phrasing is almost exactly what we use.

On the topic of Louisiana Tech University as a school of choice, I can't agree more. I came here in 1992 as an engineering student and I am still here 20 years later as a faulty member. Of course, I would like to see your daughter take a look at our engineering programs , but I know that the other programs on campus are equally as good. I will mention though that musical talent and engineering are often found together. In fact, I would guess that at least half of our engineering faculty are musically inclined.

Anyway, I hope that you and your daughter enjoy your visit to Louisiana Tech and Ruston!
    i recall reading a stat a while back that over 70% of Silicon Valley professionals had a secondary degree/minor in a music related field. All music is is math and physics.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

There will soon be a whataburger next to Logan's though...

SERIOUSLY???!! Wooo hoooo Snoopy Dance!!

images.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    SERIOUSLY???!! Wooo hoooo Snoopy Dance!!

Attachment 9940
    Seriously.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Seriously.
    Is it a new businessmen in the area or someone who already owns stuff here?

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

I moved to Ruston in 86, a 16 year old relentlessly kicking and screaming from Shreveport. I come from a long line of Bulldogs. Needlesstosay, 26 years later, I am still here. I love this university with all of my heart. I have a 17 year old senior at RHS, who will be attending Louisiana Tech in 2013. She had a terrible day yesterday, and two of her friends, who are freshman at LaTech, took her to the 1$ lunch on campus. She came home overwhelmed by the kindness of students everywhere she went on campus (with the possible exception of the traffice office student, who refused to amend her ticket she received on campus ). Ruston has improved leaps and bounds since 1986. I don't offer recommendations lightly; and I firmly believe there is no better place to live, raise a family and receive a quality eduction. Go dawgs!

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I want to know more about the Whataburger!!!

+ Reply to Thread