+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do we treat the non-TECH fan Sat?

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

Re: How do we treat the non-TECH fan Sat?

I will not be rude to them as long as they are not rude when I cheer after they announce that LSU is losting to South Carolina.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

i long for the day when i can come on latechbbb (not tigerdroppings.com) and not have as many posts about lsu as there are about tech. lsu fans could care less about tech. why is so much of our fan base so overwhelmed with a school we rarely play that is not in our conference? we act like the little brother that is jealous.
    we are ranked, playing a ranked opponent this week. why do we continue to care about lsu? i will never understand this.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    I saw about 10 people in LSU gear at the UNLV game.
    See? I'm totally convinced that not playing ULM is the right decision. More and more ULM students are now attending our games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    i long for the day when i can come on latechbbb (not tigerdroppings.com) and not have as many posts about lsu as there are about tech. lsu fans could care less about tech. why is so much of our fan base so overwhelmed with a school we rarely play that is not in our conference? we act like the little brother that is jealous.
    we are ranked, playing a ranked opponent this week. why do we continue to care about lsu? i will never understand this.
    George don't be an ass. If lsu fans could care less that means they do care.

Why is some our our so called fan base overwhelmed by Tech fans who are loyal to their own school instead of having some cowardly attraction to lsu?

Others will join me in giving some red dots.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

i don't even understand your answer. are you saying i am a closet lsu fan? i am not. i graduated from tech in 1989 and have season tickets and am at virtually every home game. all i am saying is it gets old to come on the tech message board and hear so much about lsu. read the threads; there is a lot of lsu talk. i realize i made a typo; i did not realize this was english class, forgive me. as far calling me an ass, you are a super moderator. i'm not sure what that means, but it probably means you have a great deal of power on this board. so maybe i am about to get banned or whatever for my response to you. but i would have assumed calling people an ass would be frowned upon by a super moderator. apparently not. i guess all i would say in response to that is you are probably one of those internet guys who will say anything, like name calling, behind the safety and anonymity of a keyboard that you would dare not say to a person's face. disagree with me all you want. but name calling me when all i did was share an opinion that differs from yours? that is a gutless and classless response by you

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beergut View Post
    If they are wearing neutral colors or something representing another team not playing in the game, take the opportunity to see if you can convince them to make Louisiana Tech their second team. If someone is a college football fan and wants to come to a game between two top 25 opponents in Shreveport, they don't deserve any grief if they are Michigan alums, for example, and want to sport their maize and blue. Just thank them for coming to the game, ask them if they have a second-favorite team, and ask if they would consider making Tech that team.

Even if someone is an LSU fan, ask them if they'd consider supporting another Louisiana team when they're not playing LSU. It's a simple request, and that way you avoid attacking them for being a fan of a rival school.
    Good post

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

That person wearing the lsu garb is either a true fan of that school or one of those that feel the need to identify with something they think is positive due to insecurities. In either case one should act and respond, if necessary, in way that shows your intelligence and security as a TECH supporter. No need to dig about their loyalties or if they would consider supporting TECH. Once they see an enthusiastic and secure group of fans for TECH, they will know that we are the real deal. Then the choice for the insecure ones becomes, do I want to be one of those that express their support in a mature way or do I want to stay insecure and feel the need to stick out in a crowd. The true lsu fan sees the same secure TECH fan and gains respect for TECH fans.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    I saw about 10 people in LSU gear at the UNLV game. I said,"hey, LSU, thanks for coming to the TECH game". Every one of them waved and said, "thanks". No need to be rude. Maybe we are getting some converts. Treat them with some respect. They took their time and money to come to Ruston or Shreveport. If they feel welcome, chances are, they will be back and wearing blue.
    That's a fun way to call 'em out.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Any and all people wearing Tiger gear this Saturday will get "Gator Bait" from me!!!!

Everyone I have ever tailgated with always shows class to opposing team fans. We don't want to be that "A-hole" school. But Tiger fans that show up in their gear or at any of our games should be called out.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    . but name calling me when all i did was share an opinion that differs from yours? that is a gutless and classless response by you
    This is a Tech message board. If lsu bashing bothers you, don't log on. Your opinion was condescending to any Tech fan who hates and posts about their hatred of lsu. That is gutless and classless. From now on note the emoticons. They mean something.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

I find it amazing that we are debating how to treat people. Is it really a question that requires an answer? If a person wears LSU gear but is cheering for Tech, thank him for his support. If he cheers for A&M because they're "in the conference", let him be.

We should treat everyone at the game (regardless of what they are wearing, which team they support, etc.) with courtesy, generosity, and respect unless they give us a reason not to. We are Tech, a classy group of fans and human beings in general. Live up to that and let the rest take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    This is a Tech message board. If lsu bashing bothers you, don't log on. Your opinion was condescending to any Tech fan who hates and posts about their hatred of lsu. That is gutless and classless. From now on note the emoticons. They mean something.
    i saw the emoticon; i did not take exception to you saying give me red dots, thats fine with me. what i did take exception to is being called an ass for simply stating an opinion that is apparently different than yours. when you disagree with people in person, do you call them an ass? probably not. if you do, then you probably end up in a lot of conflicts in your life.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man View Post
    I find it amazing that we are debating how to treat people. Is it really a question that requires an answer? If a person wears LSU gear but is cheering for Tech, thank him for his support. If he cheers for A&M because they're "in the conference", let him be.

We should treat everyone at the game (regardless of what they are wearing, which team they support, etc.) with courtesy, generosity, and respect unless they give us a reason not to. We are Tech, a classy group of fans and human beings in general. Live up to that and let the rest take care of itself.
    THIS!!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I have no problem with lsu fans who went to lsu. These folks can, on occasion, exhibit a shred of good sense and/or class.

I have no problem with lsu fans who attended nlu, mcneese, slu, nicholls, minden vo-tech etc. Nor do I have no problem with lsu fans who did not attend college. These weak-minded bandwaggoners are generally annoying, but I dont really have a beef with them.

I have a serious, serious problem with Tech alums who support lsu. These people are dead to me. I will not speak to them of my own initiative. If I have to speak with one, it will be strictly yes and no answers ... like a ouija board. Because they are dead.

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

Here's an idea: Be happy they came to the game, purchased a ticket and aren't at a different game.

+ Reply to Thread