+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm getting "popups," randomly, when I select go to next thread

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute OLDBLUE's Avatar

I'm getting "popups," randomly, when I select go to next thread

I get a new tab with the following URL: (last one)

http://buyanyseat.com/?utm_campaign=...utm_medium=cpv

Any Idea?
    A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind. Prov 18:2
    (OLDBLUE does not necessarily express the opinion of the owner of the moniker OLDBLUE, or its staff. Any inference to that validity is expressly denied by the owner of the OLDBLUE moniker. Should any such posted remark seem irresponsible or mean, send hate mail and terse responses directly to OLDBLUE's PM for OLDBLUE's official explination. Snotty responses on the open forum will not be tolerated and may result in immediate and aggressive legal response.)

"It is only when you do not have hope in a society that you join a suicide bomber team." - G.W. Bush, the hated President
    "Life without Hope in Christ is spiritual suicide" - Cowpatty, a little stinker

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute OLDBLUE's Avatar

Re: I'm getting "popups," randomly, when I select go to next thread

And more.

http://degreelink.net/marketing/ueid...yes#formPage_1

This was the second today. First, today, was from a Gannet site.
    A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind. Prov 18:2
    (OLDBLUE does not necessarily express the opinion of the owner of the moniker OLDBLUE, or its staff. Any inference to that validity is expressly denied by the owner of the OLDBLUE moniker. Should any such posted remark seem irresponsible or mean, send hate mail and terse responses directly to OLDBLUE's PM for OLDBLUE's official explination. Snotty responses on the open forum will not be tolerated and may result in immediate and aggressive legal response.)

"It is only when you do not have hope in a society that you join a suicide bomber team." - G.W. Bush, the hated President

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    And more.

http://degreelink.net/marketing/ueid...yes#formPage_1

This was the second today. First, today, was from a Gannet site.
    Gannett sites are riddled with popups. I've never had one from BBB.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Get rid of IE, and use a different browser that blocks pop-ups. We do not have ANY advertising associated with BB&B. (THANK YOU HALL OF FAME MEMBERS!!!)

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I'm not really a fan of IE, but it's what our IT folks want us to use. Mine does have a pop-up blocker. Maybe it just needs to be enabled.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The last sentence of that linked story is s surprise to me.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

IE is necessary for a few websites that I use. So, I use Chrome 99% of the time and set it as my default browser. Then when I need to open those particular sites, I just open IE just for that reason.

IE is turrible!

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Get rid of IE, and use a different browser that blocks pop-ups. We do not have ANY advertising associated with BB&B. (THANK YOU HALL OF FAME MEMBERS!!!)
    That is sort of ironic. About a week before this began happening, I started using firefox, and downloaded the pop-up blockers. Then, I began getting the popups as I click on the "next thread" hotspot. I cannot recall getting them in any other activity or site. Annoying.

Thanks for your response Doc. You also IT.

I'm keeping fingers crossed. I deleted some "search stuff" (little technical lingo) and so far, no ,ore pop-ups. HOWEVER: This "ditty" comes up as I was reading a post:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Webroot\latechbbb\forum\includes\class_core.php on line 414

Look familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    I'm keeping fingers crossed. I deleted some "search stuff" (little technical lingo) and so far, no ,ore pop-ups. HOWEVER: This "ditty" comes up as I was reading a post:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Webroot\latechbbb\forum\includes\class_core.php on line 414

Look familiar?
    It happens from time to time.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Yes, long story short, we've going to try an upgrade at some point. Hope to solve this.

Champ Houston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant futureHouston Techsan has a brilliant future

What I get in firefox is a redirection when I click on a site found by google. Don't get this is IE. Any suggestions. I have already reinstalled firefox once.

That's a virus... too many naughty sites for you!

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/721821

+ Reply to Thread