View Poll Results: Is this the biggest game in Louisiana Tech history?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

68 73.91%
  • no

24 26.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this the biggest game in Louisiana Tech History?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Is this the biggest game in Louisiana Tech History?

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    This is the biggest game. No contest. This game is being held in an era of unprecedented multimedia attention towards the end of the BCS buster era. The timing is incredibly perfect. Anybody that brings-up Alabama again is desperately holding on to a past that also includes a 6-60 record (or something very close to that #) record against BCS teams. BTW: The JUCO down the road beat Alabama (and sold-out their stadium for a game this year) as well.
    Yep.

Bulldog dapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the ears dapdawg's Avatar

Until we win our BCS game this year, yes this is the biggest game in our history!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is the biggest game in our history, but either way it won't stay that way for long. Win or Lose, our bowl game this year will probably be the biggest game in our history.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It's the biggest game of the season....so far. I think aTm is the best team we will have played...so far, and probably will play in the regular season. But, both Utah State and San Jose State are good....maybe VERY good, and no doubt as conference games, our bowl prospects hang more in the balance in those games, than in this one.

As for the BcS possibilities, well, Tech has to run the table and finish 12-0 to even have a shot. So, in that case, this game is only 1/12th of that formula.

Finally, this is a great opportunity for the Tech Football program to take a step. We are playing a nationally ranked team, and a progam that has a rich history and tradition. The table is set....

Just do it, Dawgs!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Could the outcome of tonight's game become THE GAME to point to in 10, 15, 20 years, when we're enjoying a bowled-in stadium, and averaging 55,000 in Ruston every Saturday, and have people say, "THAT GAME was the game where LOUISIANA TECH turned the corner."??

It has the potential to be THAT big for us. And for any Aggie fans reading this...don't misunderstand...this has LESS to do with being star-struck over playing A&M (we've beaten better teams, and lost to worse ones), but more of this game being an historic, defining moment for the 2012 regular season.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I posted some weeks ago that aTm is nothing but a placeholder. It could be any one of about 50 AQ programs that routinely are ranked in the Top 25 at different times. And at the moment, could be any one of 23 others. So, yeah, this is a big game, but it's not because it is aTm per se. We just need to beat a ranked team on national TV at this point. In fact, Mississippi State is currently ranked 19th, so playing them today would have been even better.

That said, I do have tremendous respect for the rich history and tradition that is aTm football. They have great fans and school spirit.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

It's the biggest game today. Take care of business and the biggest game in our history is in January. :icon_wink:

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

[QUOTE=Dawgmatic;1283564]It's the biggest game today. Take care of business and the biggest game in our history is in January. :icon_wink:[/QUOTE

Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    It's the biggest game today. Take care of business and the biggest game in our history is in January. :icon_wink:
    Not to split hairs....but win today and the biggest game will become Idaho!

Realistically, after today, USU and SJSU loom as the biggest remaining challenges.

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Biggest game in history of program hands down. Its not even close. Bama games were great, but what this game means as far as gaining new fans, getting media exposure, possible BCS berth on the line, impact on recruiting. No single game has ever come close to being this big for La Tech.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

No such thing as biggest ever--- in my life I've seen us win national championships -- beat Alabama twice-- win a couple of WAC championships -- games I saw us lose live-- Florida-USC- Lou too many times and AM many times. I love coach Ds attitude-- building a program is not about one game-- this is Huge game, win or lose every game , every week for rest of year has to be next biggest game . Impossible for us mere fans to understand that but coach D and team believe it and that is what makes them special. Just on of 12 important games and hopefully a big bowl

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Voice of reason

Puppy Big Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBig Ragoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Big Ragoo's Avatar

After five days of heartache, I just want to say that the A&M game was huge, and in the grand scheme of things, it was as big as it gets. For us old farts, like me, that was the last guy chasing the "deuce" , David Palmer, in to the end zone after he broke my brother-in-laws ankles, we as bulldog players at the time really had a sense that we were as good as anyone. We had a fair offense that was anchored by HOF'er Willie Roaf, who shut down all american Eric Curry, and we gave our soon to be Super Bowl champion kicker Chris Boniol chances to keep us in the game, and it was raining like a bitch. The guy that I backed up, who didn't need a back up, was another super bowl champion by the name of Doug Evans, had a spectacular game. I'm not gonna mention the other 5 or 6 guys that went to the league from that team, or the former NFL pro bowl players that were on our coaching staff at the time. If you were there, or if you remember it, it was as big a game as Tech has ever played. Just ask coach Perot or JRP, they both chemed my ass on a regular basis. Ok, I know, it's just old man's sydrome, but I am really proud of this team and the resolve that they show. If they run the table, like I know that they can, they will be one of the greatest Tech teams of all time. I am just so proud to see that there is an actual forum about Tech football, man we would have loved you guys back in the day. Keep it up!!! Just like we said back in the day: "I thought you knew: LTU" that's what Eddie Brown (greatest Arena League Football Player of All time) used to say during stretching at practice. EYS
    "Play with Fire, Fury, and Reckless Abandon!" - Joe Raymond Peace

+ Reply to Thread