+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After further review...

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

After further review...

It sure did look like that guy fumbled the ball and we recovered it. I have no idea why a line judge 25 yards away blew the play dead. The guy definitely wasn't down--still reaching and stretching on top of a pile....

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Re: After further review...

Were these SEC refs?

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Worst blatant call of the night.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Yes SEC refs.

There were many, many, questionable calls and non calls.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The refs were....not good. But, they were SEC refs and their jobs depend on "helping" the SEC....

But, in the end, the refs did not alter the outcome. We lost because of our crappy defense, and last night, the special team failure on the blocked PAT. That by itself, was a 3-point swing (59-57....hello!) and then forced us to chase 2-pt conversions, on which we failed twice. That's a total of 3 pts off the board for us, and an additional 2 pts for them.....a 5-point swing.

Everything else being equal, if all PATs are made, including their one miss, Tech wins 60-58.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Couldn't see crap from the other end of the stadium. The replay they showed on the tiny-tron, just showed a dog pile.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The refs were....not good. But, they were SEC refs and their jobs depend on "helping" the SEC....

But, in the end, the refs did not alter the outcome. We lost because of our crappy defense, and last night, the special team failure on the blocked PAT. That by itself, was a 3-point swing (59-57....hello!) and then forced us to chase 2-pt conversions, on which we failed twice. That's a total of 3 pts off the board for us, and an additional 2 pts for them.....a 5-point swing.

Everything else being equal, if all PATs are made, including their one miss, Tech wins 60-58.
    EXACTLY. I said that block PAT was going to be crucial when it happen. No one believe me. I knew we could come back and rattle off two or three touchdowns in a matter of minutes.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

How many times did we not convert a 4th down when we were in field goal range?

I didn't count, but I remember being mad about it.

Varsity Bulldog oletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around here

I'm so mad at the NFL, now those replacement refs are back to screwing up college ball! However, some of this loss is on the playcalling. I know we have a passing offense but would it hurt just to line up traditionally on 3rd and 4th and short. That just kills me being in the shotgun on those type of plays! That eliminates quarterback sneaks and running backs over the top.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oletimer View Post
    I'm so mad at the NFL, now those replacement refs are back to screwing up college ball! However, some of this loss is on the playcalling. I know we have a passing offense but would it hurt just to line up traditionally on 3rd and 4th and short. That just kills me being in the shotgun on those type of plays! That eliminates quarterback sneaks and running backs over the top.
    No Division I refs worked as replacements in the No Fun League.

The goal line no-fumble call was clearly the worst call of the night. Even the spot was not close to the right place when A&M ran the next play...should have been inside one foot instead of fully at the 1. But dogpile calls like that are always going to be the hardest to overturn without a direct overhead camera angle. Just like if the call had been fumble it wouldn't have been overturned either.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    No Division I refs worked as replacements in the No Fun League.

The goal line no-fumble call was clearly the worst call of the night. Even the spot was not close to the right place when A&M ran the next play...should have been inside one foot instead of fully at the 1. But dogpile calls like that are always going to be the hardest to overturn without a direct overhead camera angle. Just like if the call had been fumble it wouldn't have been overturned either.
    The only way it could have been overturned was that the ball was loose prior to the line judge calling the play over. He should have gotten it right to begin with. There really is no excuse, in my opinion, that he called the play over while the back was clearly attempting to break the plane of the goal line. That play alone could have been a 14 point swing. But what ultimately cost us the game was the inability to contain their QB.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

That was a terrible call...

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    How many times did we not convert a 4th down when we were in field goal range?

I didn't count, but I remember being mad about it.
    Trying not to remember those parts of the game.

Bulldog bluegrass dawg isn't thought very highly of around herebluegrass dawg isn't thought very highly of around here bluegrass dawg's Avatar

Those refs were terrible!!! They sustained 3 aTm drives: called a completion on third down, that wasn't, the unnecessary roughness call (after the receiver touched the ball) and the "horse collar" call that wasn't. Cost us 17 points because it sustained 3 drives.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass dawg View Post
    Those refs were terrible!!! They sustained 3 aTm drives: called a completion on third down, that wasn't, the unnecessary roughness call (after the receiver touched the ball) and the "horse collar" call that wasn't. Cost us 17 points because it sustained 3 drives.
    The completion call was the only questionnable one of those three, and there was not enough evidence to come close to overturning that one.

The unnecessary roughness was a high hit on a defenseless player that was never called 10 years ago and is always called now. I hate the rule, but Johnson made contact above the shoulders. The horsecollar call clearly was a horsecollar...can't grab inside the uniform collar in back and tug with it as Butler did.

+ Reply to Thread