+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Few thoughts...

Varsity Bulldog oletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around here

Re: Few thoughts...

The best Tech games that I've been to have been in Shreveport. Indy provides more of a big game atmosphere than JAS. Shreveporters will support Tech and the strategy of getting them to the game is simple. Win and they will come. Shreveport likes winners! It is not the type of city with an income level that will support a team win or lose. You have to win to get a Shreveporter's dollars. Shreveport is a great venue for our big games period. Until JAS gets its renovations, it is not even a discussion.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by oletimer View Post
    The best Tech games that I've been to have been in Shreveport. Indy provides more of a big game atmosphere than JAS. Shreveporters will support Tech and the strategy of getting them to the game is simple. Win and they will come. Shreveport likes winners! It is not the type of city with an income level that will support a team win or lose. You have to win to get a Shreveporter's dollars. Shreveport is a great venue for our big games period. Until JAS gets its renovations, it is not even a discussion.
    With BVD in charge it might be a long time before the Joe gets any renovations.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

If we played that Idaho team last night at Independence Stadium, there would be fewer than 15,000 in the building. The Joe has shown you can get a consistent 20-25K when things are going well, while Shreveport has shown that unless it's a big game, they won't bother to show up.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    If we played that Idaho team last night at Independence Stadium, there would be fewer than 15,000 in the building. The Joe has shown you can get a consistent 20-25K when things are going well, while Shreveport has shown that unless it's a big game, they won't bother to show up.
    You're jousting with windmills. Nobody's advocating playing Idaho in Shreveport. Shreveport is for playing higher-profile teams where we can accommodate 40,000+.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    You're jousting with windmills. Nobody's advocating playing Idaho in Shreveport. Shreveport is for playing higher-profile teams where we can accommodate 40,000+.
    Too bad Independence can't accommodate high profile media. There was no wireless or wired internet in the press box throughout most of the game. A CBS reporter left before halftime. And our own media folks were handcuffed because of it. I wish our AD would demand more.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm not the one who said ...

Since you're speculating I'll do likewise. Whatever number there might be in Shreveport, there would be at least 10,000 fewer in Ruston under the same circumstance.
    That's just not true.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

It seems most are ok with giving up home field advantage by playing all our high profile games in Shreveport. I'm not. We play A&M in Ruston and we win.

Quote Originally Posted by cool hand clyde View Post
    it seems most are ok with giving up home field advantage by playing all our high profile games in shreveport. I'm not. We play a&m in ruston and we win.
    this! +1,000

Varsity Bulldog oletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around here

giving up home field advantage because we play in Shreveport? Please..... I have NEVER seen the Tech crowd as feisty as they were in Shreveport. At the joe it's mostly sitting on their laurels and clapping. And we did NOT lose to aTm because we played in Shreveport. I doubt the defense would have been able to stop Manziel in Ruston either.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

giving up home field advantage because we play in Shreveport? Please..... I have NEVER seen the Tech crowd as feisty as they were in Shreveport. At the joe it's mostly sitting on their laurels and clapping. And we did NOT lose to aTm because we played in Shreveport. I doubt the defense would have been able to stop Manziel in Ruston either.
    Yes we did.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

I think we gave up home field advantage also. The crowd was probably 55%Tech to 45% A&M. I don't see us spotting A&M 28pts at the Joe. But we shouldn't have done that at Independence stadium either

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Too bad Independence can't accommodate high profile media. There was no wireless or wired internet in the press box throughout most of the game. A CBS reporter left before halftime. And our own media folks were handcuffed because of it. I wish our AD would demand more.
    As you know, he didn't know what to demand.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm not the one who said ...

That's just not true.
    First, you're speculating as well. Different times, teams and circumstances nullify all previous comparisons. Second, you have no effective response, in fact no response, to the need to accommodate anticipated crowds greater than the capacity of the Joe. CUSA expects Shreveport scheduling and Tech will be a long-term beneficiary of that scheduling. That's just the way the cards will be played.

I played in Shreveport at least four times and never considered it anything other than a "home" game. In fact, I always looked forward to the larger crowds.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    As you know, he didn't know what to demand.
    I thought Bruce Van de Velde fanatic would have popped up here to defend himself before now!

+ Reply to Thread