+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #1 Scoring Offense in the Nation is....

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Re: #1 Scoring Offense in the Nation is....

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    He will stay of we do what we are supposed to do as an administration and a fanbase!!
    Your positivity is admirable.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    That's what its going to take....he will interview with several teams in December.
    Wonder if he will quit on the team before the bowl game?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    He will stay of we do what we are supposed to do as an administration and a fanbase!!
    Let us know when you figure out how our admin is going to come up with an extra 2 mil per year.

How is our fanbase supposed to help? I hope you didn't buy into that BS speech of his last night.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

coaches look at a lot more than their salary. they look at administrative support, fan support, facilities, league reputation, control, etc. we can't compete with the big boys in several of those areas.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    coaches look at a lot more than their salary. they look at administrative support, fan support, facilities, league reputation, control, etc. we can't compete with the big boys in several of those areas.
    They look at money first. He won't have a better community, better housing, schools for his children, or a better golf course anywhere he goes.

The fan support thing is total BS. I have noticed this excuse coming on for a while now.

Part of his job is to build up many of the other things you mentioned. It's much easier to just take the money and hope you can make it work where they already have the "stuff".

Several, like Dooley, have tried and faile.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

He will not go anywhere as long as he shows, here in Ruston, that he will not commit to recruiting defenses that can play. What teams can you name that have won major conference championships and had no defense? Oregon, nope they video game teams all the time by 40-0, 56-10 type scores. Texas Tech can't win the big 12, but they score a ton of points. WVU, nope again. Even Auburn had a very good, not great, D when they beat Oregon. As long as he wins games against Idaho, NMST, UNLV, and others with 45-30, 42-24 type scores, we will keep him. Good for us because he is building the brand. Great for him because he will continue to grow in his earning potential with us the more he wins. Maybe after he establishes himself as an offensive genius, with no objectors, he will focus on defense. We can only hope.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her game Dawgyinmiami's Avatar

You know what drives me crazy about all of this is that with the offense we have, we don't even need a GREAT defense. All we need is an average defense and we can't even get that. It was the same in the Rattay years. I don't get why that is.

It's gotten to where I hate to see us get teams into 3rd and 10+ or backed up to the goal line. The one time we forced the interception at the goal line last night is a rarity. Every time we get into a situation like this I say to myself that a big play is coming on the next snap and most of the time it happens. Oh,look at that, 3rd and 25...Manziel for 72 yds to the endzone. Cool, we downed the punt inside the one...over the middle fir 20-30 yds. It makes me want to throw something through the tv.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    He will not go anywhere as long as he shows, here in Ruston, that he will not commit to recruiting defenses that can play. What teams can you name that have won major conference championships and had no defense? Oregon, nope they video game teams all the time by 40-0, 56-10 type scores. Texas Tech can't win the big 12, but they score a ton of points. WVU, nope again. Even Auburn had a very good, not great, D when they beat Oregon. As long as he wins games against Idaho, NMST, UNLV, and others with 45-30, 42-24 type scores, we will keep him. Good for us because he is building the brand. Great for him because he will continue to grow in his earning potential with us the more he wins. Maybe after he establishes himself as an offensive genius, with no objectors, he will focus on defense. We can only hope.
    Did you know we're in C-USA next year? No more WAC games.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgyinmiami View Post
    You know what drives me crazy about all of this is that with the offense we have, we don't even need a GREAT defense. All we need is an average defense and we can't even get that. It was the same in the Rattay years. I don't get why that is.

It's gotten to where I hate to see us get teams into 3rd and 10+ or backed up to the goal line. The one time we forced the interception at the goal line last night is a rarity. Every time we get into a situation like this I say to myself that a big play is coming on the next snap and most of the time it happens. Oh,look at that, 3rd and 25...Manziel for 72 yds to the endzone. Cool, we downed the punt inside the one...over the middle fir 20-30 yds. It makes me want to throw something through the tv.
    How deep are we at quality WR? vs. How deep are we at quality DB/S?
    And is it typical to see a QB outrun a LB, a CB, a S?
    I don't know, I'm just asking?

Bulldog Bdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    They look at money first. He won't have a better community, better housing, schools for his children, or a better golf course anywhere he goes.

The fan support thing is total BS. I have noticed this excuse coming on for a while now.

Part of his job is to build up many of the other things you mentioned. It's much easier to just take the money and hope you can make it work where they already have the "stuff".

Several, like Dooley, have tried and faile.
    You are very wrong about fan support not having a major influence. Fan support means a great deal to coaches, players and recruiting. It also determines what a school can pay their coach.

Bulldog Bdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Let us know when you figure out how our admin is going to come up with an extra 2 mil per year.

How is our fanbase supposed to help? I hope you didn't buy into that BS speech of his last night.
    How is the fan base suppose to help? Go to the games, buy tickets and recruit friends and alumni to do the same.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bdfanatic View Post
    How is the fan base suppose to help? Go to the games, buy tickets and recruit friends and alumni to do the same.
    I definitely do my share in all of the above. I am so emotionally drained right now I need to step away from the ledge and gain some perspective. I'll be there Saturday night, but my goodness the fanaticism is literally draining...

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bdfanatic View Post
    You are very wrong about fan support not having a major influence. Fan support means a great deal to coaches, players and recruiting. It also determines what a school can pay their coach.
    You are dumber that I thought...please leave the school and the board
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Did you know we're in C-USA next year? No more WAC games.
    I know, so instead of winning against NMST 45-30, it will be UTEP 42 Dawgs 48.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    He will not go anywhere as long as he shows, here in Ruston, that he will not commit to recruiting defenses that can play. What teams can you name that have won major conference championships and had no defense? Oregon, nope they video game teams all the time by 40-0, 56-10 type scores. Texas Tech can't win the big 12, but they score a ton of points. WVU, nope again. Even Auburn had a very good, not great, D when they beat Oregon. As long as he wins games against Idaho, NMST, UNLV, and others with 45-30, 42-24 type scores, we will keep him. Good for us because he is building the brand. Great for him because he will continue to grow in his earning potential with us the more he
    wins. Maybe after he establishes himself as an offensive genius, with no objectors, he will focus on defense. We can only hope.
    100% spot on! I'll keep saying it until it sinks in; offense gains attention, defense gains respect.

+ Reply to Thread