+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight, Fight, Fight For Ole Red and Blue

Puppy Mike D is on top of his/her gameMike D is on top of his/her gameMike D is on top of his/her gameMike D is on top of his/her gameMike D is on top of his/her gameMike D is on top of his/her gameMike D is on top of his/her gameMike D is on top of his/her gameMike D is on top of his/her gameMike D is on top of his/her gameMike D is on top of his/her game Mike D's Avatar

Fight, Fight, Fight For Ole Red and Blue

New guy here. I made an account on BB&B a few years ago. I read a lot but have never posted until now.

Anyway, I had an idea in the shower this morning (isn't that where the best ideas come to us?) about something I would like to see implemented on game days and grow into a tradition at Tech, and I would love to get your expert opinions. (Forgive me for sucking up a little :icon_wink

I love the buildup created by the BOP as they finish up their pre-game routine and march into the giant "T" formation that the flags and players run through. I love how the General rings his bell and gathers his troops. I love how the players are pumped as they run through the tunnel and onto the field. I don't love how most of us fans are just clapping along to the rhythm of our fight song. Not dogging on the clappers, I just feel like we could do more.

Here's where my idea comes in. Forgive me if this has been mentioned here before, I am new after all. I would LOVE it if we could throw the words to the fight song up on Dawgzilla and have the entire crowd sing along in unison as the BOP plays. Think about that for a second. How cool would it be if we all sang along to the fight song?! "FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT FOR OLE RED AND BLUE! SHOW YOUR MIGHT AND WE'LL ROOT FOR YOU!..." etc.

For those of you who have been to a Saints game in the past several years, you know how cool the "Who Dat" chant is right after the coin toss. Fans started doing that after Drew Brees asked them to do so during a press conference. He laid out the detailed instructions of when and how to do the chant, and the fans followed through.

So do we call on the General, CC, Sonny D, or someone else to make a public request? Do we ask the administration to make some sort of public announcement? Do we take it upon ourselves to start an uprising in The Joe?

I realize this would probably take some time, but what do y'all think?

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Fight, Fight, Fight For Ole Red and Blue

Love the idea! As weird as those A&M dudes were on Saturday, I'll admit, I was impressed hearing them sing their fight song in the stadium. That was just cool...i don't care who ya are!

Oh...and welcome to posting on the BB&B!!

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

I got to see the band basically do this in pierre bossier mall saturday. It was pretty awesome.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    New guy here. I made an account on BB&B a few years ago. I read a lot but have never posted until now.

Anyway, I had an idea in the shower this morning (isn't that where the best ideas come to us?) about something I would like to see implemented on game days and grow into a tradition at Tech, and I would love to get your expert opinions. (Forgive me for sucking up a little :icon_wink

I love the buildup created by the BOP as they finish up their pre-game routine and march into the giant "T" formation that the flags and players run through. I love how the General rings his bell and gathers his troops. I love how the players are pumped as they run through the tunnel and onto the field. I don't love how most of us fans are just clapping along to the rhythm of our fight song. Not dogging on the clappers, I just feel like we could do more.

Here's where my idea comes in. Forgive me if this has been mentioned here before, I am new after all. I would LOVE it if we could throw the words to the fight song up on Dawgzilla and have the entire crowd sing along in unison as the BOP plays. Think about that for a second. How cool would it be if we all sang along to the fight song?! "FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT FOR OLE RED AND BLUE! SHOW YOUR MIGHT AND WE'LL ROOT FOR YOU!..." etc.

For those of you who have been to a Saints game in the past several years, you know how cool the "Who Dat" chant is right after the coin toss. Fans started doing that after Drew Brees asked them to do so during a press conference. He laid out the detailed instructions of when and how to do the chant, and the fans followed through.

So do we call on the General, CC, Sonny D, or someone else to make a public request? Do we ask the administration to make some sort of public announcement? Do we take it upon ourselves to start an uprising in The Joe?

I realize this would probably take some time, but what do y'all think?
    First of all, welcome to the board!

Second, its great that you come on here with IDEAS to HELP improve gameday experience!

Third, I would love to do this as the players are coming out. The "Who Dat" chant gives me chills every time I'm in the dome and hear that. Also as much as I hated being one-upped by those aggies from a&m, we can definitely learn from their level of fan involvement.

If I may add one suggestion, I think the entire fight song may be a bit long for the entire stadium to keep in unison. I would love to do the opening line "Fight fight fight for ole red and blue" at a designated time each game! Maybe at the start of the game as you mentioned and at the start of every quarter just as the players are retaking the field?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Love it!

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Great idea!!!

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Absolutely perfect!!

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Good idea. This would probably involve Donnie Bell, the BoP, and the person who runs dawgzilla.

How to get the word out? Social media from SD and Tech's various profiles.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

What if...(not at all trying to steal Mike D's thunder...)...they showed the clip on DAWGZILLA of our boys singing it in the locker room and we all joined in? No band...just the fans, then after the guys are cheering on the clip, the band plays it again and marches off the field?

Talk about sending a statement that we are STANDING with our team...I think Sonny even counts it off on a couple of those clips.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    What if...(not at all trying to steal Mike D's thunder...)...they showed the clip on DAWGZILLA of our boys singing it in the locker room and we all joined in? No band...just the fans, then after the guys are cheering on the clip, the band plays it again and marches off the field?

Talk about sending a statement that we are STANDING with our team...I think Sonny even counts it off on a couple of those clips.
    Dawgpix may be able to shed light on that. I think he records those videos.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Great idea, but you must first kiss the ring.

Varsity Bulldog svb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the rough svb002's Avatar

UVA sang their alma mater after every TD with the lyrics on their video board.

It would only serve to strengthen our Tech traditions to do something like this.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I love it! Now convince the BOP, Dawgzilla, BVDV, SD, etc., to play along. That's your real challenge :/

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

It would really work if we had a smaller video board in the south endzone. All eyes are set on the team, band, cheerleaders, etc down there.

Varsity Bulldog BRINGTHEPAIN is a jewel in the roughBRINGTHEPAIN is a jewel in the roughBRINGTHEPAIN is a jewel in the roughBRINGTHEPAIN is a jewel in the roughBRINGTHEPAIN is a jewel in the roughBRINGTHEPAIN is a jewel in the roughBRINGTHEPAIN is a jewel in the roughBRINGTHEPAIN is a jewel in the roughBRINGTHEPAIN is a jewel in the roughBRINGTHEPAIN is a jewel in the roughBRINGTHEPAIN is a jewel in the rough

Love the idea, and it is definitely something we can look at doing next year. There is a lot of logistics and coordination that will have to happen in order for it to be done successfully. It, along with getting the ringing of the bell on the board, is something we can add to the entrance/intro video next season.

+ Reply to Thread