+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 10/20 Idaho at LaTech game thread

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: 10/20 Idaho at LaTech game thread

Kenneth Dixon might end up going down as the best tailback to ever wear the Red and Blue. And that's saying quite a bit.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I was almost pleasantly surprised by the attendance (I expected less) and am thrilled that our sports teams won't have to travel to Moscow after this year !!!
    Hopefully, we won't ever play Idawho again in football (or anything else) after this school year.
    Last edited by nadB; 10-21-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I was almost pleasantly surprised by the attendance (I expected less) and am thrilled that our sports teams won't have to travel to Moscow after this year !!!
    Hopefully, we won't ever play Idawho again in football (or anything else).
    Still have basketball and we should have a pretty good team this year but I agree and don't want to play in the aircraft hanger again

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

What a great game to watch. No letdown after the aTm game..We have a special team and our play by the 2nd team was pretty darn impressive. There's a lot of pride on this team...WOW - what a night ! What was the attendance ???

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by cberg View Post
    What a great game to watch. No letdown after the aTm game..We have a special team and our play by the 2nd team was pretty darn impressive. There's a lot of pride on this team...WOW - what a night ! What was the attendance ???
    A little over 20k

Puppy gohogs14 is just really nicegohogs14 is just really nicegohogs14 is just really nicegohogs14 is just really nicegohogs14 is just really nicegohogs14 is just really nicegohogs14 is just really nicegohogs14 is just really nicegohogs14 is just really nicegohogs14 is just really nicegohogs14 is just really nice

You guys definitely got a good one in Dixon...i know some friends that played against him in high school and he was unstoppable. Wish we had offered him. Hard to tell how good he was playing in 2A but obviously he is legit...ill enjoy watching him the next few years

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Records broken tonight:

1. 8 total rushing TDs by Tech (previous record: 6 TDs vs. UT-Arlington in 1974 & East Tennessee in 1992)

2. 839 total yards offense by Tech (previous record: 770 yards vs. UL-Lafayette in 1998)

3. 6 rushing TDs in a game by Kenneth Dixon (previous record)

4. Colby Cameron has thrown 275 consecutive passes this season without an interception. If I'm correct, he broke the NCAA record for most consecutive passes attempted without an interception (previous record: Trent Dilfer, 1993 at Fresno State).

After 7 games this season, Kenneth Dixon has 16 rushing TDs. The Tech record is Ryan Moats who had 18 TDs in 2004.
    KD is well within striking distance of Marshall Faulk's and Ryan Williams' FBS freshman season rushing record of 21.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...s/2012/fbs.pdf

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    KD is well within striking distance of Marshall Faulk's and Ryan Williams' FBS freshman season rushing record of 21.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...s/2012/fbs.pdf
    He might get that next game.

Big Dog SeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by gohogs14 View Post
    You guys definitely got a good one in Dixon...i know some friends that played against him in high school and he was unstoppable. Wish we had offered him. Hard to tell how good he was playing in 2A but obviously he is legit...ill enjoy watching him the next few years
    Glad to see you on here. I believe the Hogs and LSU were both on Dixon (preferred walk-on I believe), but he would have been 3rd or possibly 4th string. Tech offered him with a promise of big game time and that was what got him to us along with a nice scholarship. Right now I'm concerned that a school may try and get him to transfer. Also, if you didn't know. We have another amazing freshman RB in Tevin King who will get a Medical Red Shirt after getting hurt this season. You should see his stats for his limited action. Both of these guys are amazing players.

Big Dog SeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the roughSeekerHound is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    He might get that next game.
    Let's see. We have 5 more games for Dixon to brake the 21 TD record for a fresh RB. All he needs is 5 TDs to tie it. If he doesn't get it in 3 games, it will be a let down. NMSU should get demolished by his running so at least 3 TDs there. Then UTSA at home should easily provide at least 2 TDs for Dixon. That would tie him up. Then we'd have a game at Texas St. which should be another easy 2 TDs for KD. Then we have a game with Utah St. where Dixon should get at least 1 TD. Last we have SJSU, which has been off and on, but seems to struggle some on defense and 2 TDs isn't asking too much I think form Dixon in that game. So that would give Dixon 26 TDs in the season and that's not counting a Bowl game. Also, I think he could get more, but that is the minimal I see him getting as we have no need to force feed him the ball.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.

.....People know me.

....I'm very important. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Good one.

Ron Burgandy: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne are you gonna go with? London gentleman or... wait... No. No. No. Hold on... Blackbeard's Delight?

Brian Fantana:
    No. She gets a special cologne. It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep. It's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Ron Burgundy:
    It's quite pungent. [cringes] It's a formidable scent; it stings the nostrils in a good way.

Brian Fantana
    : [daubing the cologne on his neck] Yup.

Ron Burgundy
    : Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.

Brian Fantana:
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Ron Burgundy:
    That doesn't make any sense.

Brian Fantana:
    Well, let's go see if we can make this little kitty purr.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome, gohogs. We couldn't be more excited to have Kenneth Dixon as a DAWG, and as far as him transferring, I hope the fact that he's a college football rock star 45 minutes from his hometown of Strong, AR will keep him here in DAWGTOWN.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

By "we" you mean you are band wagon Arkansas fan? You must be a band wagon fan because a true fan would know that Arkansas did offer Dixon. Not hard to tell how good a 2A player is when they have as much talent as Dixon. You are welcome to jump on the Tech Trolley.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SeekerHound View Post
    Let's see. We have 5 more games for Dixon to brake the 21 TD record for a fresh RB. All he needs is 5 TDs to tie it. If he doesn't get it in 3 games, it will be a let down. NMSU should get demolished by his running so at least 3 TDs there. Then UTSA at home should easily provide at least 2 TDs for Dixon. That would tie him up. Then we'd have a game at Texas St. which should be another easy 2 TDs for KD. Then we have a game with Utah St. where Dixon should get at least 1 TD. Last we have SJSU, which has been off and on, but seems to struggle some on defense and 2 TDs isn't asking too much I think form Dixon in that game. So that would give Dixon 26 TDs in the season and that's not counting a Bowl game. Also, I think he could get more, but that is the minimal I see him getting as we have no need to force feed him the ball.
    Transfer? You probably need to find something else to worry about. This young man BLEEDS read and blue.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: King and Dixon Comparisons

Two different style running backs. Saying one is better than the other is not a legit argument.

+ Reply to Thread