+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud of our DEFENSE

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Proud of our DEFENSE

Yeah, it was Idaho......  I know that!  Still, we had a pretty dominating defensive performance.  The re-recovered fumble fumble for a TD and the kick-off return were really the only blips in the dominating D tonight.  Should help our stats and help us climb up a little from the bottom of FBS.  Not sure what the toal allowed yards was, but I loved the passion we played with tonight!  Not that many 1st downs allowed.

Bulldog TenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time TenTwo's Avatar

Re: Proud of our DEFENSE

They gave up 28 points to the French Toast Sticks. I wish I shared your enthusiasm. The defense needs a lot of work.
    BULLDOGS gon' BULLDOG

Bulldog dapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the ears dapdawg's Avatar

All of their scoring was flukey:
    1. WR double pass
    2. kickoff return for td
    3. 1 yd td after long fumble return
    4. against our 2nd string

Great job D!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Seriously? Idaho was 0-11 on 3rd down conversions.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TenTwo View Post
    They gave up 28 points to the French Toast Sticks.
    No they didn't. Try to think before you post

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Seriously? Idaho was 0-11 on 3rd down conversions.
    I agree, the DEFENSE only gave up 7. Special Teams gave 'em a score, the offense handed them 7, and the 2nd string gave them a score. Throw a few QB sacks in there, and I'd say the defense played much better. I think we'll see improved play from them, as they have found some needed confidence.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Best performance since the NMST game last year
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Best performance since the NMST game last year
    I agree!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It was only Idaho, but yes, the defense played well. They were 0-11 on 3rd down. That is unreal! They had only 11 first downs all night. I like that James Baker for them, a big back that runs hard. Their #2 WR, is also good. Their QB is.....nah! He didn't put up Hypesman-like numbers against us, he must suck.

The D played well. Good to see.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TenTwo View Post
    They gave up 28 points to the French Toast Sticks. I wish I shared your enthusiasm. The defense needs a lot of work.
    So did you a) watch the game? b) read the box score? or c) simply see the final score?

I hope it was c) or you should think before you leave waste here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Their kickoff return would have been good in touch football! That was horrible. The double pass...well, if Idaho has done that before, then there is no excuse for our CB to have been so badly fooled. If not, chalk it up to experience. Great hustle by both CC and Patton running down that dude on the long fumble return. Love to see that! Leading by example. I just LOVE this team, this group of players. No quit in 'em.....ever.

The defense played well. Good job, guys!

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Their kickoff return would have been good in touch football! That was horrible. The double pass...well, if Idaho has done that before, then there is no excuse for our CB to have been so badly fooled. If not, chalk it up to experience. Great hustle by both CC and Patton running down that dude on the long fumble return. Love to see that! Leading by example. I just LOVE this team, this group of players. No quit in 'em.....ever.

The defense played well. Good job, guys!
    Honestly if you go back and look, we had a guy in a position to make the tackle and a Ref got in the way with a block, so I kinda give ST a pass on that TD.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

The D played better, dogged earlier and was less predictable, nevertheless gave up 300+ to a very weak team. Still needs a lot of work and more speed.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    Honestly if you go back and look, we had a guy in a position to make the tackle and a Ref got in the way with a block, so I kinda give ST a pass on that TD.
    Heard some fans shouting in disgust, Good block ref! But I didn't see it. I was watching their return guy, #27, I think it was, and saw him go untouched. But, the coverage team shouldn't be so badly beaten that a block by a ref should make a difference. I just think our guys lost some focus on that play. But they did a great job all the other times. Have to remember, with our offense, our kickoff coverage team gets lots of chances.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    The D played better, dogged earlier and was less predictable, nevertheless gave up 300+ to a very weak team. Still needs a lot of work and more speed.
    On our second string with their first team. Their best play was their trick play. Ellis was out. Our 3rd down defense was vastly improved.

+ Reply to Thread