+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proud of our DEFENSE

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Re: Proud of our DEFENSE

How many yards did Idaho have at halftime? Much of the 2nd half was against the 2nd string defense.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Statistical Comparison:

Eastern Washington gave up 237 yards to Idaho.
    Bowling Green gave up 358 yards to Idaho.
    LSU gave up 213 yards to Idaho.
    Wyoming gave up 503 yards to Idaho. (Wow!)
    North Carolina gave up 189 yards to Idaho.
    NM State gave up 386 yards to Idaho.
    Texas State gave up 315 yards to Idaho.
    Louisiana Tech gave up 304 yards to Idaho.

....so we did better than BGSU, Wyoming, NMST, and Texas State. They rank 16th (go figure, right?), 98th, 100th and 93rd in yards allowed this season. On the other hand, LSU is ranked 3 and NC is ranked 37.
    Last edited by rockdog; 10-21-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: edited to add LSU and NC ranks.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    Statistical Comparison:

Eastern Washington gave up 237 yards to Idaho.
    Bowling Green gave up 358 yards to Idaho.
    LSU gave up 213 yards to Idaho.
    Wyoming gave up 503 yards to Idaho. (Wow!)
    North Carolina gave up 189 yards to Idaho.
    NM State gave up 386 yards to Idaho.
    Texas State gave up 315 yards to Idaho.
    Louisiana Tech gave up 304 yards to Idaho.

....so we did better than BGSU, Wyoming, NMST, and Texas State. They rank 16th (go figure, right?), 98th, 100th and 93rd in yards allowed this season.
    You are over analyzing this one. The defense that has been catching hell all year (except the Illinois game) did not allow ANYTHING last night other the one fluke play.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You are over analyzing this one. The defense that has been catching hell all year (except the Illinois game) did not allow ANYTHING last night other the one fluke play.
    Ha. I was actually trying to show a GOOD sign. I thought they played well last night. They held a defense about where everyone else has been holding them was my point. They scored two touchdowns that virtually had nothing to do with defense, and they scored one touchdown that was against 2nd and 3rd string guys. I thought they did well, and I thought the stats showed that.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

And all of the above without Jellybean, who will be back next week. D will only continue to get better just like it did last year. We will finish strong and continue our climb in the polls.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Great job, DEFENSE!!! I enjoyed watching yo play last night. I did not expect you to give up more that 13 points and YOU didn't. Great effort General Patton and Colby Cameron on the long fumble return. I am glad Colby did not reach for that fumble!!!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard some folks (even some on this board) imply that we need to play a "bend but don't break" defense, one that allows the opponents long drives, etc. due to our fast strike offense. I say that was somewhat debunked last night. Our "style" was in no way cramped by playing very good defense. Heck, we scored 70 points and had a very good defensive game too!!

If we can play at this level of defense the rest of the way, we will be in the top 20 at the end, and maybe the top 15. I know it was against a pitiful team, but we surely gained some confidence on the defensive side of the ball last night.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    Great job, DEFENSE!!! I enjoyed watching yo play last night. I did not expect you to give up more that 13 points and YOU didn't. Great effort General Patton and Colby Cameron on the long fumble return. I am glad Colby did not reach for that fumble!!!
    Holley's got to quit fumbling. He had the devastating fumble last year against Houston, and he's had two bad ones this season, including last night. For some reason, Holley's fumbles seem to always result in points for the opponent.

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Can't believe there are people whining about the D this week. This was a good performance. TD 's were flukes. (Trick play, starting on the one) We got good pressure on the QB. Good job.

Said this in another thread but I'm seeing some things that are leading me to beloved the defense will slowly improve this year and drastically improve next year. We are going to have a VERY good DL next year. I think our CBs are going to surprise some of you next year. Still worried about LB though. Might need JUCO help there.

Varsity Bulldog Ellis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around here

One of the most important stats in football is 3rd down efficiency. If you can stop other teams from converting that is crucial. 0 for 11 is awesome. Maybe some confidence and momentum was created with this performance for our D as we go forward.

Bulldog TenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time TenTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    No they didn't. Try to think before you post
    NO U

The title of this thread is proud of our DEFENSE. Which is LULZY at best.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...t/team/1042/p3

We rank 119 out of 120. I mean, I understand that folks can get hung up on technicalities and rose colored glasses but let's get real here: Idaho came in ranked #107 in total offense coming in averaging 10.5 points per game. They left Ruston with 28. Yeah they got a turnover and a short field. So?? The FACTS remain. This defense is abysmal and nothing to be proud of. So everyone in this thread telling me to "think" first, LOLU. Feel free to cherry pick your stats and blow sunshine up the rear end of one of the worst NCAA FBS units anywhere.
    BULLDOGS gon' BULLDOG

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

TenTwo is a term we use for someone who looks like a 10 and quickly becomes a 2 as soon as they open their mouth. Did you choose the name for that reason? No one is saying the defense has had a great year, but they played very well against Idaho and only a TenTwo cannot see that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TenTwo View Post
    NO U

The title of this thread is proud of our DEFENSE. Which is LULZY at best.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...t/team/1042/p3

We rank 119 out of 120. I mean, I understand that folks can get hung up on technicalities and rose colored glasses but let's get real here: Idaho came in ranked #107 in total offense coming in averaging 10.5 points per game. They left Ruston with 28. Yeah they got a turnover and a short field. So?? The FACTS remain. This defense is abysmal and nothing to be proud of. So everyone in this thread telling me to "think" first, LOLU. Feel free to cherry pick your stats and blow sunshine up the rear end of one of the worst NCAA FBS units anywhere.
    yep, just what I thought

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

I seriously love people coming on here for a short amount of time and thinking they are automatically the best and most knowledgeable person on the board..... have a little humility, especially when talking to some of the guys that have been involved with Tech athletics for 15 or more years. I'll put it this way, if LFR hasn't complained, that I have noticed so far, then it probably was a good defensive effort. Sure all of us wish we would play defense like that all year long but hell I will take ANY game where we play as good as defense as the 1st string played last night.

Bulldog TenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time TenTwo's Avatar

Oh, so because I am new to the board I must be a new fan and not worthy of critizing the #119th ranked FBS defense? Elitists much? Guess what? Idaho was suppose to get locked up. They are terrible. Our rankings will suffer because they scored 28 on us. This is the truth. I never claimed to know more than anyone, nor did I immediately revert to namecalling like our resident super moderator.

You guys can sit around and be homers all you want, make personal attacks on me and whatnot. This Vandal team was terrible as was their offense. They were suppose to go 0 fer on 3rd downs. They traveled across the country to play a "top 25" type school and while their defense felt the wrath, like all Tech opponents will and do, they still scored 28 points which was their highest output other than when they played lolWyoming. So pardon me for not understanding all the optimism going on in this thread about a defense that IMO underperformed given the opposition.

Yeah, I'm the DA.
    BULLDOGS gon' BULLDOG

+ Reply to Thread