+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Proud of our DEFENSE

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Proud of our DEFENSE

So giving up 7 pts and ZERO 3rd down conversions is below your expectations?

Bulldog TenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time TenTwo's Avatar

Was the final score 70-14? Do the voters take into account when the backups are playing? The point I'm trying to make was this was IDAHO who is TERRIBLE so no matter what we did, beyond producing a shutout, it can't be looked at as something to build on because they are TERRIBLE. HORRIBLE. GARBAGE. We should have shut them out. So to answer your question, yes.

When Tech comes out and plays some real defense against a real team, I'll be the first one singing their praises. UNtil then, this homer thread is embarrassing.
    BULLDOGS gon' BULLDOG

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What can we say....we're a bunch of homers! Sue us.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TenTwo View Post
    Was the final score 70-14? Do the voters take into account when the backups are playing?

When Tech comes out and plays some real defense against a real team, I'll be the first one singing their praises. UNtil then, this homer thread is embarrassing.
    You do realize that we went up in both polls right? Maybe the voters didn't get your memo. I bet it takes more than this thread to embarrass you.

Bulldog TenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTenTwo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time TenTwo's Avatar

OMG, y'all don't have to take things so personal. I am not a troll from some other team forum. I wear Blue and Red every Saturday. I attended Tech. I have never in my adult life pulled for anyone other than Tech in college sports. Also, I just checked the BCS thread an hour ago and read we were 41st.

Here's what's still fresh in my mind. Scoring 57 points in a losing effort. I likely will not be satisfied with the defense this season, and my hopes are that our AD/HC is not either and we make a concerted effort to improve that side of the ball. When below average is good enough, you're destined for trouble.

So I will leave this thread with this to appease the status quo: After doing terrible on 3rd downs all season we finally had some success against the Idaho Vandals. Yay.
    BULLDOGS gon' BULLDOG

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, y'all don't have to take things so personal. I am not a troll from some other team forum. I wear Blue and Red every Saturday. I attended Tech. I have never in my adult life pulled for anyone other than Tech in college sports. Also, I just checked the BCS thread an hour ago and read we were 41st.

Here's what's still fresh in my mind. Scoring 57 points in a losing effort. I likely will not be satisfied with the defense this season, and my hopes are that our AD/HC is not either and we make a concerted effort to improve that side of the ball. When below average is good enough, you're destined for trouble.

So I will leave this thread with this to appease the status quo: After doing terrible on 3rd downs all season we finally had some success against the Idaho Vandals. Yay.
    I mostly agree with you. We suck.

But holding ANYONE to 0-11 on 3rd is a pretty damn good effort. Every defense lets one by every so often.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

The only thing we are trying to get you to realize is don't be the new guy that walks in like he owns the joint, when there are people a lot more experienced and a lot more knowledgeable. Sure voice your opinion but don't be an ass about everybody else's.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

No doubt our overall defensive numbers will improve over the next few weeks; however, that's not saying much. Not to compare us to LSU but our defensive looked like a high school against aTm and Idaho is horrible. Utah State and San Jose should be good test - hopefully we can play good enough to win. That's all that matters.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Our D played much better yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    The only thing we are trying to get you to realize is don't be the new guy that walks in like he owns the joint, when there are people a lot more experienced and a lot more knowledgeable. Sure voice your opinion but don't be an ass about everybody else's.
    I don't come here and donate to this website so I can kiss anyone's ring. I come to talk football. Just let me know how many posts I need to make before I'm allowed to put down the pompoms and have a football discussion. You can talk about all the knowledge you want, but I don't see any threads around here breaking down schemes, techniques or otherwise. So maybe you can point me to those threads so I can get on my knees and worship the dudes who were in middle school while I was attending Tech football games.

/sarcasm
    BULLDOGS gon' BULLDOG

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

I don't come here and donate to this website so I can kiss anyone's ring. I come to talk football. Just let me know how many posts I need to make before I'm allowed to put down the pompoms and have a football discussion. You can talk about all the knowledge you want, but I don't see any threads around here breaking down schemes, techniques or otherwise. So maybe you can point me to those threads so I can get on my knees and worship the dudes who were in middle school while I was attending Tech football games.

/sarcasm
    Do you really know what BBB stands for?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You do realize that we went up in both polls right? Maybe the voters didn't get your memo. I bet it takes more than this thread to embarrass you.
    This. I promise we lost exactly zero votes because of us giving up 28 vs. 14. The reality is knowledgeable voters know that when teams are way up and empty the bench crap like that happens and the ignorant voters were so blinded by a giant number 70 that they couldn't even see the 28.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

You still don't get it >_< I'm not saying you need to cowtow or kiss anyone's ring/foot, just don't come in blasting someone else's opinion and expect a whole lot of respect.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

This thread is brought to you by the letter D and the number 70.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    TenTwo is a term we use for someone who looks like a 10 and quickly becomes a 2 as soon as they open their mouth. Did you choose the name for that reason? No one is saying the defense has had a great year, but they played very well against Idaho and only a TenTwo cannot see that.
    Not true. I don't see it either. A lot of the same problems we've had all year defensively are still there. The difference is, Idaho is such a poor offense they couldn't capitalize on our mistakes last night.

We did have a couple of big sacks last night. That was encouraging.

+ Reply to Thread