+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attention West Side Blue Chairbacks!!

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Re: Attention West Side Blue Chairbacks!!

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I would enthusiastically support a ticket exchange for those who have not been to a TECH game and might become a fan or for those who can't afford tickets and really want to see a game. I would not support a ticket exchange for those simply looking for a free ticket who would buy a ticket to that game or season tickets. The focus being that I want TECH to gain fans and get the benefit of $ that should happen from ticket sales. If there is a simple give away, we cheapen the product and loose momentum.

By the term ticket exchange, I don't necessarily mean that the ticket holder must give his tickets away. Attempt to sell them at face value, a reduced rate or offer them for free or donate to a particular organization. It is up to the ticket holder to decide. But the chances of someone sitting in those seats at a game are greatly increased by this avenue. And it would not cause Tech any more work or money to provide this service.

Varsity Bulldog golfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke Dawg View Post
    I have two chairbacks. They are a gift to my father in law who lives in Ruston. He KNOWS that if for whatever reason he can't go to the game, then give them to his son or someone else, just make sure they are used.

Nuke
    Trust me bro-in-law, those seats are ALWAYS used!

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    Y'all seem to forget the fact of the student section being packed like sardines. The West side tends to have more empty seats in the middle than the East side. I sit in NN. The sections O, OO, N, and NN are always packed regardless of the game or opponent.
    The band takes up an entire section. They seat 3 seats per one person. Tubas more so. Percussion 3-5 seats per person. Having been on the field for a game, I'd have to go with the west side having more.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Don, some folks pay for the tickets and don't always go to the game. That's the way it is Don. I get season tickets to baseball and men's BB and don't go to many games.
    No disrespect olddog75, but this is part of the problem. I'm sure you don't mean this directly, but this is the kind of reasoning held by fans and admin that are in the way of change at Tech.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    The band takes up an entire section. They seat 3 seats per one person. Tubas more so. Percussion 3-5 seats per person. Having been on the field for a game, I'd have to go with the west side having more.
    I will say the student section easily makes up for the empty seats made by the band.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    No disrespect olddog75, but this is part of the problem. I'm sure you don't mean this directly, but this is the kind of reasoning held by fans and admin that are in the way of change at Tech.
    What kind of change are we speaking of?

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

No problems, Allgood. While I would like to see every chairback used for every game, the fact that some don't use the seats all the time is not a issue that needs addressing. Its not a problem, unless you are telling us that there are hundreds of folks not attending games because they don't have a chairback.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    What kind of change are we speaking of?
    Change in thinking of ways to increase or encourage increase in attendance.

"Hey all those blue seats are empty."

"Yeah it's always been that way."

"Why?"

"I unno, it's always been that way."

"You'd think they could find a way to get people in those seats."

"Nah, too much trouble."

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Change in thinking of ways to increase or encourage increase in attendance.

"Hey all those blue seats are empty."

"Yeah it's always been that way."

"Why?"

"I unno, it's always been that way."

"You'd think they could find a way to get people in those seats."

"Nah, too much trouble."
    Part of this is very tough to figure. I always thought that if every Alum would buy a season ticket we would be sold out and have a waiting list. But I never thought about how that wouldn't insure a full stadium. I bought __ season tickets to help the program, but I admit there has not always been a person in every one of those seats - but I do guarantee Tech gets the money for those seats.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Part of this is very tough to figure. I always thought that if every Alum would buy a season ticket we would be sold out and have a waiting list. But I never thought about how that wouldn't insure a full stadium. I bought __ season tickets to help the program, but I admit there has not always been a person in every one of those seats - but I do guarantee Tech gets the money for those seats.
    I agree! I'm glad more people are buying tickets. But defaulting to shrugging it off isn't acceptable IMO.

Similar to what others have said, call each holder before a home game, and if they aren't coming ask if the ticket office could offer the seats to someone else for that game.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

It is again time for the Tech Athletic Admin. to think outside of the box. If there is a waiting list for season tix holders to get chairbacks, ask the tix holders that cannot attend nor provide a butt in the seat that they paid for to sell or donate the ticket back. For alumni that purchase tix to help the program but rarely or never attend games...do something different. Allow them to sponsor tix for others that can attend games.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    It is again time for the Tech Athletic Admin. to think outside of the box. If there is a waiting list for season tix holders to get chairbacks, ask the tix holders that cannot attend nor provide a butt in the seat that they paid for to sell or donate the ticket back. For alumni that purchase tix to help the program but rarely or never attend games...do something different. Allow them to sponsor tix for others that can attend games.
    I know your intentions are good, but most of the suggestions in this thread won't work. They only risk cannibalizing other ticket sales. There's also a lot of "misinformation" in this thread.

If there's truly a "waiting list" for more chair back seats, the obvious answer is to replace some of our current bench seats with newer chair back seats........and charge more for them. But frankly, I'm not convinced that the market demand is there, or this would have already been done.

A lot of people will say they want chairback seats, but when push comes to shove, they don't want to pay the extra money for them. Furthermore, the reason so few people own so many of the chair back seats now is because the athletic department pressured many chair back seat season ticket holders into buying more seats than they really need so the school could profit from the revenue. The chair back seats just weren't selling.

HD

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I have usually have season tickets and I never get to attend. I'd support some means of transferring my tickets electronically to someone who would use them.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I always give my chair back tickets away if part of my family can't make it. But the chair backs in our section, with the exception of two weeks ago vs. Idaho, have seemed much fuller than years previous. And there are more of us standing up and cheering I will add. And more importantly, nobody has ever told me to sit down in front or quick ringing my bells in the chair backs like they used to try on the west side benches. Now back to the current topic, if there was a way to put them at will call for others to buy or get money back for them electronically I would think that might be a good plan for other owners. Me, I attend and or get mine to others that want or need the chair backs.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    I will say the student section easily makes up for the empty seats made by the band.
    Yeah, that was kinda my point...only in reverse. Saying the student section is crammed in like sardines is offset by the band section.

This "which side has more fans on it" is a really fun and productive argument, by the way.

+ Reply to Thread