+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LSUS/Tech Rumors.....News???

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

LSUS/Tech Rumors.....News???

Not sure whether the correct label of "news" starts/stops and "rumors" begin, but here's some info, FWIW.

I hear that "Tech" will make a renewed push to gobble up LSUS again, probably in 2013. Or, to clarify, the renewed effort will be in '13. I say "Tech" because as you know, it is NOT just Louisiana Tech itself that is pushing this. There are others advocating for this take-over. It will come down to LSUBR's position on the issue. If BR wants to hand over LSUS to Tech, it WILL happen. If they don't, it won't. It's really that simple.

Other related news, or rumors, LSUA will go back to a 2-year status, and that LSU will then use LSUA, E, and C has true feeder schools i.e. like JUCOs for BR. LSUS will NOT become a 2-yr feeder. It will remain a 4-yr school if still part of LSU, or become Tech-Shreveport.

No mid-year budget cuts....apparently, for any ULS schools. But, maybe a 5% cut heading into FY 12-13. I say "apparently" for the mid-year because the ULS schools have not received an official request to submit budget reductions, effective in Jan, 2013. So, the BOR must not expect any cuts.

That's the most important "news" or "rumors."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: LSUS/Tech Rumors.....News???

I updated your thread title.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Some of these things might happen, but I do not believe they will all happen. This plan makes entirely too much sense to be enacted by the Louisiana Legislature.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Some of these things might happen, but I do not believe they will all happen. This plan makes entirely too much sense to be enacted by the Louisiana Legislature.
    Funny how we think so little of Louisiana's ability to do what's RIGHT...always suspicion.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Funny how we think so little of Louisiana's ability to do what's RIGHT...always suspicion.
    I agree. I actually believe that the people in those positions know what needs to be done, but politics gets in the way of them DOING it. We just need legislators who will do what they know is right, instead of giving in to politics and re-election concerns.

Louisiana needs fewer talkers and more do-ers. (self-inflicted TWSS).

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I agree. I actually believe that the people in those positions know what needs to be done, but politics gets in the way of them DOING it. We just need legislators who will do what they know is right, instead of giving in to politics and re-election concerns.

Louisiana needs fewer talkers and more do-ers. (self-inflicted TWSS).
    Amen, my brother.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You are 101% correct StrayDawg. I have had legislators tell me they agree with a Tech-LSUS merger, take-over, however you wish to phrase it. But! they have major contributors who are against it, and so....

Now, I have to add, the news or rumors about LSUA reverting back to a 2-year school and coming under the direct control of BR changes the game re: the Tech-LSUS question for folks in CENLA. It actually removes the obstacle, to be accurate about it. That means the legislators who didn't/wouldn't support Tech-LSUS before, can now.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You are 101% correct StrayDawg. I have had legislators tell me they agree with a Tech-LSUS merger, take-over, however you wish to phrase it. But! they have major contributors who are against it, and so....

Now, I have to add, the news or rumors about LSUA reverting back to a 2-year school and coming under the direct control of BR changes the game re: the Tech-LSUS question for folks in CENLA. It actually removes the obstacle, to be accurate about it. That means the legislators who didn't/wouldn't support Tech-LSUS before, can now.
    Merger. It was never called a "take-over"

I have never thought about the LSUA part of the negotiation, but it makes sense that it could clear the path. Louisiana has too many 4-yr universities anyway, so this could be a win-win. Hopefully it goes through this time.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Merger. It was never called a "take-over"
    It wasn't called a takeover by Tech or any of the merger's supporters. It was called a takeover by LSU-S and other uninformed people.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    It wasn't called a takeover by Tech or any of the merger's supporters. It was called a takeover by LSU-S and other uninformed people.
    Dawg80 always called it a take-over. It was not and Shreveport is the one that pushed for it. Tech was secondary, so if anyone is making a push, it is Shreveport with Tech agreeing.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Dawg80 always called it a take-over. It was not and Shreveport is the one that pushed for it. Tech was secondary, so if anyone is making a push, it is Shreveport with Tech agreeing.
    I know. I was saying that the "takeover" term came from those who opposed the LSUS-LA Tech merger.

It was a take-over! Or is. Sorry if that term upsets some of you. Right now, LSUS is in the LSU system and is a stand-alone university. As many have pointed out, those attending are "Pilots" not "Tigers." That is all true. After Tech "takes over" LSUS will be part of the ULS system, under Louisiana Tech. Or, are you saying the Shreveport campus, whatever it will be called, will still have its own administration, own president, own HR, own etc....??? Why? What's the point of combining just to keep all that duplication?

Just asking....

BTW, there is support for this to happen from other ULS schools. And another BTW, no one is calling this a Shreveport-push. No one! Those in the know say, Tech wants to "take over" LSUS. Those are NOT just my words. That was said in a meeting I attended recently, and that is the mantra. Which, as I said, seems to have support. So, run with it.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

It was a take-over! Or is. Sorry if that term upsets some of you. Right now, LSUS is in the LSU system and is a stand-alone university. As many have pointed out, those attending are "Pilots" not "Tigers." That is all true. After Tech "takes over" LSUS will be part of the ULS system, under Louisiana Tech. Or, are you saying the Shreveport campus, whatever it will be called, will still have its own administration, own president, own HR, own etc....??? Why? What's the point of combining just to keep all that duplication?

Just asking....

BTW, there is support for this to happen from other ULS schools. And another BTW, no one is calling this a Shreveport-push. No one! Those in the know say, Tech wants to "take over" LSUS. Those are NOT just my words. That was said in a meeting I attended recently, and that is the mantra. Which, as I said, seems to have support. So, run with it.
    I always thought it was more of a "rescue."

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I always thought it was more of a "rescue."
    BINGO!!!! As in "pulling their chestnuts out of the fire". Meanwhile Tech enrollment at the 3 S'port/Bossier locations is GROWING big time.

+ Reply to Thread