+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: LSUS/Tech Rumors.....News???

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LSUS/Tech Rumors.....News???

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No clue! But I'll attempt to find out.

And, BTW, don't use the "LSUS to Tech" wording. That indicates a take-over. Need to say "LSUS does Tech."

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

No clue! But I'll attempt to find out.

And, BTW, don't use the "LSUS to Tech" wording. That indicates a take-over. Need to say an "LSUS with Tech."
    I don't do PC'ness and not worried about what non-Tech nattering nabobs visiting a La Tech website think. :icon_wink:

After the next round of higher ed cuts plus some other things that might happen, I wouldn't be surprised if the LSU system picked up the phone and offered the Shreveport campus to us. But today I'm just interested in what Mr Rasberry thinks. Thanks for any info you come up with.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Bubba Rasberry has been named Chairman of La Board of Regents. Anyone have insight on how he views the LSUS to Tech issue?
    Bubba Rasberry has been a member of the Board of Regents since June 25, 2003. When the vote was held last February on the Eva Klein study, Mr. Rasberry seconded the motion to endorse the recommendations of the study, including the merger of LSU-S and Louisiana Tech. Mr. Rasberry also voted with the Board of Regents in the unanimous decision to accept the recommendation of the LSU-S and tech merger.

http://www.regents.doa.louisiana.gov..._2012_0228.pdf

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Bubba Rasberry has been named Chairman of La Board of Regents. Anyone have insight on how he views the LSUS to Tech issue?
    The BoR unanimously recommended it last time, right? So, I assume he was for it. The BoR wasn't the impediment.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I'll ask him this week and let you know what his view on this is.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There are some measures, or proposals, I guess is a better term, that the BOR is exploring. Namely, more tuition control for itself and for the universities. Such things as per credit cost, and quality of degree cost...provided the legislature votes to go along with it. Most (probably all!) state universities are in favor of these proposals. The BOR is continuing to focus on efficiency and cost savings. Of course, some will argue the best way to accomplish that is to merge campuses.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Meeting today at LSUS re: the future of the LSU system? That's what I was just told by an associate at LSUS. He doesn't know any details, but obviously, anything earth-shattering will make the news later.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Meeting today at LSUS re: the future of the LSU system? That's what I was just told by an associate at LSUS. He doesn't know any details, but obviously, anything earth-shattering will make the news later.
    Nobody cares about little lsuuShh any more. We've all moved on. Hope it rots and falls down.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I still care. Thanks for the info dawg80!

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I still think the merger will eventually happen. I'm just not going to get my hopes up until some things change.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Nobody cares about little lsuuShh any more. We've all moved on. Hope it rots and falls down.
    Be nice. LSUS people have feelings too.

Nothing earth-shattering. Only thing of potential interest is the formation of a "transition committee." But, it's my understanding, that is intended to address how to take the LSU-system from where it is, to where they want to be. Whatever that means. But, don't think it means to "transition" a campus out of the system and to another university.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Be nice. LSUS people have feelings too.
    I only know a few lsuuShh folks and they wanted the "Tech merger" to happen this past year and are pi$$ed at those that stopped it. They wanted their degrees to essentially be from Louisiana Tech in the future, loved the prestige it would have brought and love cheering for TECH sports. Not to mention the benefit to Shreveport and N.La. They think lsu has been ignoring this part of the state for way too long.

+ Reply to Thread