+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is home oming KO traditionally 3:00 pm?

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Why is home oming KO traditionally 3:00 pm?

I was asked and I have no clue

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar

Re: Why is home oming KO traditionally 3:00 pm?

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    I was asked and I have no clue
    Me neither.....I dunno.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Back in the day there were a lot of after game activities. I suppose they still have some and need the extra time.

I think I remember a time or two when HC was later than 3:00, but not sure.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Always thought it was so that the parties could start earlier.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I hate it.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I enjoy it only because it means I can get home after the game before 2:00 Sunday morning.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Back in the day...after the game....there were several different homecoming dances on campus.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Back in the day...after the game....there were several different homecoming dances on campus.
    And for years when TV wasn't a consideration, homecoming always kicked off at 2:00.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

If a guy had a date for homecoming, he purchased a corsage (unk if I spelled that correctly) for his date. He wore a suit and she wore a nice dress to the game. After the game, he would take her to dinner and then to the homecoming dance. So...for all that to take place, the game had to be earlier. Seems to me...the game was usually at 2:00PM. It wasn't just a game, it was a wonderful experience with the girl you asked out. It was a special time and special date....with football. What more could a guy want???

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

I hate it b/c it gives me less time before the game to drink.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Corsages were BIG MUMS. Homecoming was a big deal. Lots of parties.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    If a guy had a date for homecoming, he purchased a corsage (unk if I spelled that correctly) for his date. He wore a suit and she wore a nice dress to the game. After the game, he would take her to dinner and then to the homecoming dance. So...for all that to take place, the game had to be earlier. Seems to me...the game was usually at 2:00PM. It wasn't just a game, it was a wonderful experience with the girl you asked out. It was a special time and special date....with football. What more could a guy want???
    Yep! Back in the day...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Oh! unless it happened to be the 1976 Homecoming game. Was 27F, stiff northern "breeze" bringing in snow parallel to the ground. The infamous "Snow Bowl."

Brrr....my date refused to go to the game, but she did go to the dance that night with me. Were about 5,000 hardy souls at kickoff, and maybe 1,000 hardier souls left to see Tech rally: Tech 23 USM 22. Was worth it to me!

Attendance at the dance was sparse too. Had started really snowing and many were too busy having snowball fights on campus.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Oh! unless it happened to be the 1976 Homecoming game. Was 27F, stiff northern "breeze" bringing in snow parallel to the ground. The infamous "Snow Bowl."

Brrr....my date refused to go to the game, but she did go to the dance that night with me. Were about 5,000 hardy souls at kickoff, and maybe 1,000 hardier souls left to see Tech rally: Tech 23 USM 22. Was worth it to me!

Attendance at the dance was sparse too. Had started really snowing and many were too busy having snowball fights on campus.
    That must've been one of the earliest snowfalls recorded in North Louisiana...i'm no global warming nutjob but...i don't pack away my shorts and flipflops until AFTER Thanksgiving most years as of late. Heck, the air conditioner was on in the house last night. :icon_wink:

Was November 13th.... that was '76. It also snowed, lightly, in late March, 1977. Around the 26th of March. Cold, wet winter that year.

Of course, I was staying in Jenkins with no central air/heat.

+ Reply to Thread