+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: According to Malcolm Butler.....

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

According to Malcolm Butler.....

Liberty Bowl officials will be at the game tomorrow.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: According to Malcolm Butler.....

I've lost track. That bowl has C-USA/SEC/Big East tie ins?? That would be cool, I could stay with my son in Jonesboro.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    I've lost track. That bowl has C-USA/SEC/Big East tie ins?? That would be cool, I could stay with my son in Jonesboro.
    I figure we would take the spot of a C-USA team. Britton Banowsky has been really good to Tech since we got that invite.

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

That would be good! New Years Eve bowl, regionally located, against an AQ conference team.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I never quite understood what these "officials" do. Are they evaluating the quality of our football team? Are they seeing how many people are at the game? Are they measuring the crowd excitement level?

I want to be a bowl official when I grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I never quite understood what these "officials" do. Are they evaluating the quality of our football team? Are they seeing how many people are at the game? Are they measuring the crowd excitement level?

I want to be a bowl official when I grow up.
    Actually a little bit of everything. I'm sure they have already seen the team play. The main reason they are there is to see what kind of crowd size and fan support we can bring to a bowl game. They don't want to invite a team that is only going to bring 500 people to the game.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    Actually a little bit of everything. I'm sure they have already seen the team play. The main reason they are there is to see what kind of crowd size and fan support we can bring to a bowl game. They don't want to invite a team that is only going to bring 500 people to the game.
    They don't want to invite a team that is going to bring only 5000 to the city hosting the game.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Bowl officials don't visit to evaluate crowds or any such reason. They come to raise the profile of the bowl among the teams who they might invite and to have preliminary discussions with school officials and prominant alums about how many tickets the school might be willing to commit to purchase. It's an exploratory business deal.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Bowl officials don't visit to evaluate crowds or any such reason. They come to raise the profile of the bowl among the teams who they might invite and to have preliminary discussions with school officials and prominant alums about how many tickets the school might be willing to commit to purchase. It's an exploratory business deal.

Exactly LFR! But it would not look good for them to show up at SJSU, toolame or the jc & see 7-8k fans. You have to think that hurts their chances. Hopefully we will have 25k in the stands.

Bulldog Bdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBdfanatic Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    I figure we would take the spot of a C-USA team. Britton Banowsky has been really good to Tech since we got that invite.
    Duh...he is best friends with Bruce.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I would love that.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    You are partly right. It depends on which level of bowl rep. Is the the president? General staff member? Committee member? If it is someone high up in the bowl they might talk a little business. I'd imagine that's he case since we have no tie in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdfanatic View Post
    You would know wouldn't you, Bruce. By the way. Shouldn't you be at the basketball game right now.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The friggin HOD Bowl is bringing the mayor of Dallas. They mean business!
    Last edited by KSDAWG; 11-02-2012 at 08:14 PM.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bdfanatic View Post
    I also heard they were BFFs...they take in a women's soccer match every once in a while.

+ Reply to Thread