+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why was Johnson ejected?

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Why was Johnson ejected?

Under BB&B protocol I should have titled this "Why?"

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Why was Johnson ejected?

Sonny wanted an explanation too.

Not often you see a kickoff from the 5 yard line.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

From what I understand, he threw a punch or something. Those refs were horrendous last night.

Varsity Bulldog BLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the rough

He didnt throw punch he pushed him!

Varsity Bulldog Brister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the roughBrister is a jewel in the rough Brister's Avatar

I saw it pretty clearly on the replay on espn 3. He gave the guy a quick slap in the nuts.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEbell View Post
    The punch thing is just what I have heard. Like I said those refs were really bad last night, like the imaginary PI on #20 last night on that scoring drive for UTSA.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEbell View Post
    The distinction of why he was ejected is VERY important.

If Johnson was ejected for "participating in a fight" in the second half, he would be suspended automatically per the playing rules for the first half of the Texas State game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It was PI, our #20 grabbed the UTSA WR by the shoulder and spun him around. However, the ball was thrown high and behind the WR (or TE...think it was a TE), like the QB and TE were not on the same page. No way was that a catchable ball anyway.

And, we got away with a blatant defensive holding on their WR on that 4th down play with the score tied 14-14. I was shocked no flag was thrown by that flag-happy crew. Oh, and what's with that Umpire standing over the ball keeping us from running our quick offense? Yeah, I know there are some times when the play clock has not been set and the U is supposed to do that until the Referee starts the play clock. But, he did it regularly even as the play clock was running.

That is one lousy crew and we'll probably get them for the crucial USU game.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

The umpire stands over the ball if the offense substitues until the defense is allowed a chance to substitute.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It was PI, our #20 grabbed the UTSA WR by the shoulder and spun him around. However, the ball was thrown high and behind the WR (or TE...think it was a TE), like the QB and TE were not on the same page. No way was that a catchable ball anyway.

And, we got away with a blatant defensive holding on their WR on that 4th down play with the score tied 14-14. I was shocked no flag was thrown by that flag-happy crew. Oh, and what's with that Umpire standing over the ball keeping us from running our quick offense? Yeah, I know there are some times when the play clock has not been set and the U is supposed to do that until the Referee starts the play clock. But, he did it regularly even as the play clock was running.

They were terrible. Can't Dykes request they not call the game?

Were you at the game or watching on TV? I was at the game and they showed the video on dawgzilla and you could clearly see space between them. From what I saw they never made physical contact at all.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    Were you at the game or watching on TV? I was at the game and they showed the video on dawgzilla and you could clearly see space between them. From what I saw they never made physical contact at all.
    The foul was on #20. Refs called the wrong number.

Officiating crews are generally not assigned to the same team more than twice and definitely not twice at home or twice on the road

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    Both. Watched the replay on CST. Had an angle from the south endzone that clearly, beyond any question, showed our guy grabbed the shoulder pad and spun their WR (TE) around.

Varsity Bulldog EngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her game EngDawg's Avatar

So will we only be missing him for the TX St. game, or could it end up being for longer? Was our O-line back at full strength this week? I know we were missing an O-linemen for the NM State game.

+ Reply to Thread