+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Brackets

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Playoff Brackets

Dayum! lost our stud WR, Dunbar to a separated shoulder. Last time we were in the Dome we had lost our starting QB and best RB. Not that it would have changed the ultimate outcome. But, chit! woulda been nice to go in with all our key players.

Barbe has won back to back "Tech-like" games, high scoring. Rummel can't match 'em score for score. Our O isn't that potent. So, that means our D has got to step up and slow 'em down.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I thought I WAS at a Tech game. Barbe O is explosive. . . when the WM D backed off and started playing prevent.

Real losers were the Barbe multitudes who left at the half down 14-35.

Here's a little more detail on the collapse.
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...ebels-collapse
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Is Barbe's defense "Tech-like" too or has the past two weeks just been bad games for them?

Just looked it up....Barbe has given up big points all year. They beat Evangel 48-47.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I thought I WAS at a Tech game. Barbe O is explosive. . . when the WM D backed off and started playing prevent.

Real losers were the Barbe multitudes who left at the half down 14-35.

Here's a little more detail on the collapse.
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...ebels-collapse
    Wow! how do you walk out on kids like that? I never leave games early as a matter of policy. But, especially on your high school!??? Those kids need support, gee, even MORE so when things are going poorly! For those players to look up and see their so-called fans abandoning them....yeah, the Barbe players got the last laugh last night on those fair weather fans. But, wow!

Got my hotel reservations for the Big Easy! We're gonna be rocking the Dome!

My brother is coming in from Georgia with his sons in tow. Other family members are going too! As I'm sure it is with most of you, high school football is a big thing to us. "Saturday Night Lights" in the Dome!

Raider Pride !

Well, in light of recent events, I'm really throwing myself into this game this week. Yeah, we might not win Saturday Night, but at least we'll lose it ON THE FIELD and not in a series of cell phone calls made between morons!

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Do you know if the games will be on radio and if so what stations? Probably a dumb question.

I think COX Sports covers all 5 championship games live.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

I have direct tv so I don't get cox sports lol.

Interestingly enough all of the matchups this weekend are 1 and 2 seeds in each classification. How often does that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    Interestingly enough all of the matchups this weekend are 1 and 2 seeds in each classification. How often does that happen?
    They were making that point on the COX Sports show the other night. Lots of people rail against the point system, but it has been fairly accurate and consistent for years.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well, in light of recent events, I'm really throwing myself into this game this week. Yeah, we might not win Saturday Night, but at least we'll lose it ON THE FIELD and not in a series of cell phone calls made between morons!
    Enjoy yourself. Ain't nothing like it. With all of Tech's weird kickoff times this season, you'll be prepped for the 8 pm or later kickoff for the5-A final.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Rummel has sold out its allotment, both the reserved seating (loge) and GM (plaza), asked for and got additional GM tix, and have sold those out as well. All schools have until 4PM today to sell or return their allotments. Rummel asked for a 4th allotment but the event organizers declined. Price for GM pre-sold by the schools is $13, and $19 at the door. Gonna be plenty of red & blue in attendance. But, there was in 2009 too.

Saturday's schedule has the 3A final starting at 4PM. That game should be over by 6:30, at the latest. In 09, we watched most of the 4A final, with Taylor Burch and Neville, and the 5A game did not start until close to 9PM. That's probably why they have allowed more time between games. That and giving fans of the early games time to clear out of the Dome, I guess.

I am pumped!

What a welcomed relief after this hell week at Tech.....

+ Reply to Thread