+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the smarter coach, Les Miles or Sonny Dykes?

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

Who is the smarter coach, Les Miles or Sonny Dykes?

Just reflecting on LSU's game on Saturday night. Not that I watch every LSU game but Les Miles has not impressed me with his "in game" coaching tactics. Some of his decisions are just plain reckless. Sonny really has impressed me with his knowledge and game plans. Some may counter that Les is a great recruiter, but I think more likely it's the university, tradition, and being an SEC program that attracts the athletes, rather than Les.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Who is the smarter coach, Les Miles or Sonny Dykes?

Les Miles is one of only two coaches in the history of mankind to be outcoached by Jack Bicknell III. That's all you need to know.

For the record, the other was John L. Smith, which is kind of relevant these days. SMIIIILE!!

Big Dog aan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her game

Is that even a question?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Ever watched the man clap? I swear he's a little "special"

Sonny say's WTH is wrong with that guy?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Is this thread for real?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Sonny - he is at Tech! Nough said.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

to the person who started this thread, my apologies. i promise i do not intend this as a personal attack. i don't know you and for all i know you started this thread to just have a little fun. but as a tech fan, in the midst of easily our most successfully D 1A season ever, it is distressing to come on the la tech fan board and hear comment after comment about lsu. i know, i know nobody is making me read or respond to this; i have already gotten that criticism. and you are right, i don't have to read it and people have ever right to comment on lsu as much as they like. i am just not sure i understand our fan base's obsession with lsu. we are not in their conference, we rarely play them, we are sometimes (but not primarily) competeing for the same athletes.
    my assumption is that some of the very fans that get on this site and complain about how much coverage lsu gets in the shreveport or monroe papers are the same people that get on this site and talk non stop about how much they hate lsu. do you see what you are doing? the very thing you hate the media for doing, you are doing. lsu gets almost as much "air time" on bb&b as tech does. and i know, i am just contributing to that pattern by responding. we do honestly sound a little bit like the little brother that is trying to get big brother to notice us and big brother really doesn't care. we are not lsu's little brother or anything of the sort. we are a seperate entity; we just hapeen to live in the same neighborhood.
    go to lsu's fan website and see what they write and think about tech; you know what you'll find...virtually nothing. they are not worrying about what we do. why are we so obsessed with them? i 've heard all the excuses: they have obnoxious fans; they are shoved down our throat by the media; they have an unfair political advantage in BR to get things they want. i'm not saying every bit of that is not true. i guess i just would like to come on a tech fan website and hear primarily about tech and not lsu. if we want to compare sonny dykes to other coaches, maybe a better comparison is oregon or west virgina, teams running our fast break style.
    alright, thats more than long enough i realize...go dawgs!

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    to the person who started this thread, my apologies. i promise i do not intend this as a personal attack. i don't know you and for all i know you started this thread to just have a little fun. but as a tech fan, in the midst of easily our most successfully D 1A season ever, it is distressing to come on the la tech fan board and hear comment after comment about lsu. i know, i know nobody is making me read or respond to this; i have already gotten that criticism. and you are right, i don't have to read it and people have ever right to comment on lsu as much as they like. i am just not sure i understand our fan base's obsession with lsu. we are not in their conference, we rarely play them, we are sometimes (but not primarily) competeing for the same athletes.
    my assumption is that some of the very fans that get on this site and complain about how much coverage lsu gets in the shreveport or monroe papers are the same people that get on this site and talk non stop about how much they hate lsu. do you see what you are doing? the very thing you hate the media for doing, you are doing. lsu gets almost as much "air time" on bb&b as tech does. and i know, i am just contributing to that pattern by responding. we do honestly sound a little bit like the little brother that is trying to get big brother to notice us and big brother really doesn't care. we are not lsu's little brother or anything of the sort. we are a seperate entity; we just hapeen to live in the same neighborhood.
    go to lsu's fan website and see what they write and think about tech; you know what you'll find...virtually nothing. they are not worrying about what we do. why are we so obsessed with them? i 've heard all the excuses: they have obnoxious fans; they are shoved down our throat by the media; they have an unfair political advantage in BR to get things they want. i'm not saying every bit of that is not true. i guess i just would like to come on a tech fan website and hear primarily about tech and not lsu. if we want to compare sonny dykes to other coaches, maybe a better comparison is oregon or west virgina, teams running our fast break style.
    alright, thats more than long enough i realize...go dawgs!
    George, I can assure you I am not obsessed with LSU. Just had a few minutes at work and wanted to start a thread to talk football. You shouldn't be "distressed", as you put it. Just a little about myself: I grew up in Ruston, graduated from Tech, and medical school at Tulane even though I was also accepted at LSU. In the past 12 years I have given over $30,000 to Tech athletics and currently serve on the Tech Foundation Board. I certainly don't need to be chastised by you for a harmless post I make. My advice to you: don't be so insecure. The whole point of my post, if you read it, is how blessed we are to have Sonny Dykes. Football, along with TECH BBB, is for fun. Don't take it too seriously.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    Just reflecting on LSU's game on Saturday night. Not that I watch every LSU game but Les Miles has not impressed me with his "in game" coaching tactics. Some of his decisions are just plain reckless. Sonny really has impressed me with his knowledge and game plans. Some may counter that Les is a great recruiter, but I think more likely it's the university, tradition, and being an SEC program that attracts the athletes, rather than Les.
    Go post the lsu crap on tiggerdroppings, not here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    George, I can assure you I am not obsessed with LSU. Just had a few minutes at work and wanted to start a thread to talk football. You shouldn't be "distressed", as you put it. Just a little about myself: I grew up in Ruston, graduated from Tech, and medical school at Tulane even though I was also accepted at LSU. In the past 12 years I have given over $30,000 to Tech athletics and currently serve on the Tech Foundation Board. I certainly don't need to be chastised by you for a harmless post I make. My advice to you: don't be so insecure. The whole point of my post, if you read it, is how blessed we are to have Sonny Dykes. Football, along with TECH BBB, is for fun. Don't take it too seriously.
    Geez dude. As much as we appreciate your support (most of us here are financial supporters, btw), you don't have to be an ass. I thought george was pretty clear that his post was NOT a personal attack on you. Sounds like YOU are the one acting insecure.

Having said that, I would like to counsel george to use CAPITAL letters and paragraph breaks where applicable. :icon_wink:

HD

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Talking about "them" on OUR board is much like this:

images.jpg

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

lol - you guys take everything to the extreme here on this board chillax guys.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Les Miles is as dumb as a box of rocks. Nuff Said.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

The real question is who has the hotter wife? Game, set, match CSD!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I thought it was a pretty simple question.

+ Reply to Thread