+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tech President Finalist

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Re: Tech President Finalist

Is it possible that the impending budget cuts kept many qualified applicants from applying?

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Is it possible that the impending budget cuts kept many qualified applicants from applying?
    That is my belief, the history of the State's commitment to higher education does not attract the "A" "B" or even "C" outside candidates. But, that being said, I support Dr. Guice and will bend his hear every chance I have.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I imagine that has an impact. LSU is bleeding administrators to other states right now.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Most of the engineering specialty schools really struggle in athletics. See Caltech, MIT, Colorado School of Mines, etc. They can't recruit.

And Hrncir hasn't even served a full 2 months as their acting president.
    Athletically, I think we could be similar to Virginia Tech and could follow their athletic path of success. See their conference history:

http://www.hokiesports.com/conference.html

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EJ View Post
    Athletically, I think we could be similar to Virginia Tech and could follow their athletic path of success. See their conference history:

http://www.hokiesports.com/conference.html
    Sure. Why not?

I was talking about South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, not Louisiana Tech. VT and LaTech are not engineering specialty schools like those others I listed. We are a comprehensive university like Virginia Tech and Texas Tech.

+ Reply to Thread