+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My parking ticket

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

My parking ticket

I realize I might be wrong on this, but I have very strong feelings about my personal information. I went by the campus bookstore this week for a shirt. During my 10 minute stay I received a parking ticket for not having a sticker. No problem, I went to the traffic office, told them I was visiting campus signed the back as requested and started to leave. The guy behind the counter called me back and said he would need my social to void the ticket. I said that he had the ticket and there was no need for it. In the end he said ticket would not be voided and I informed him it would also not be paid. There is just no need to give that information for that purpose!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: My parking ticket

I don't think you are wrong. If the ticket is in hand, why would your social be needed? If you weren't in a hurry, you could've asked for the supervisor or the chief. Vette got a ticket the other day that the ticket writer noted she had parked in a blue spot when it wasn't. She was in a rental after having been in a wreck, so they've been voiding her tickets until we get our replacement vehicle. They won't void the tickets for blue. She raised holy hell until the Chief came in and voided it.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I've received a couple of tickets since 03 to present, never paid them or will.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Sw,

As a lifelong hater of The Man, I'm proud of you for not paying this ticket. I still have a few unpaid tickets myself. Feels pretty good.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Offer to give them your driver' license number. If they don't like that, tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine and walk out!

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Don't worry about it. It's the same as getting a parking ticket in Shreveport. Don't pay and nothing happens.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

If I get a ticket when I go to the bookstore I tear it up in contempt.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The bookstore should validate parking.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Any of you who have a student at Tech may want to handle things a little differently. If the student can be associated with your vehicle or perhaps the student got a ticket in your vehicle don't ignore the ticket. They will hold the transcript over an unpaid parking ticket.

I've had to send a letter with the ticket requesting they forgive the ticket. They always do and have never asked for any kind of I.D. number.

They WILL NOT forgive tickets received in a registered vehicle.

Big Dog dch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the rough

I got a ticket once for idling my truck, not parked, in a handicapped spot at UP while I helped a female student carry in a very heavy box. There were three more handicapped spots next to me in case they were needed and I was gone less than 30 seconds.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dch028 View Post
    I got a ticket once for idling my truck, not parked, in a handicapped spot at UP while I helped a female student carry in a very heavy box. There were three more handicapped spots next to me in case they were needed and I was gone less than 30 seconds.
    Isn't there a thread dedicated to this story? If not the exact thing happened to somebody else a few years ago.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Isn't there a thread dedicated to this story? If not the exact thing happened to somebody else a few years ago.
    GatorDawg

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sw View Post
    ... The guy behind the counter called me back and said he would need my social to void the ticket. I said that he had the ticket and there was no need for it. In the end he said ticket would not be voided and I informed him it would also not be paid. There is just no need to give that information for that purpose!
    This was probably to ensure (if you are a student or linked to a student) no holds are placed on a student file, but another method not requiring such personal info should be devised.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    If I get a ticket when I go to the bookstore I tear it up in contempt.
    Now this just plain shocks me.

I mean really girl! Knowing you I just can't believe the total absence of respect that this demonstrates on the university's part by not having issued you a life-long free parking pass.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The bookstore should validate parking.
    +1,000,000. I believe that any receipt from the bookstore showing a time corresponding to the time of the ticket should validate the parking/excuse the ticket.

Any of you who have a student at Tech may want to handle things a little differently. If the student can be associated with your vehicle or perhaps the student got a ticket in your vehicle don't ignore the ticket. They will hold the transcript over an unpaid parking ticket.

I've had to send a letter with the ticket requesting they forgive the ticket. They always do and have never asked for any kind of I.D. number.

Good advice. It could also hold up a student when trying to register next quarter.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Related story that I've told before but feel like telling again because I'm in a Aubunique mood, so deal with it. When I was a senior in high school, I made the trip up to pick up my sister to bring home who was a freshman at Tech. I got a parking ticket. Of course the car was registered to my dad. We just threw it away. Three years later, I was a 3rd year freshman at Tech when I got notified that I couldn't pre-register because I had an unpaid ticket. Well, neither my sister nor I had a car at the time, so couldn't figure out how I got a ticket. When I checked into it, it was from the ticket I had gotten while still in high school. I marvelled at the incompetence that my sister had been here longer and they never attributed it to her but also that it took up to 3 years later to attach it to my file. When they were able to see the proof that I hadn't started Tech until a year after the ticket was written, they wrote it off. I didn't mention anything about my sister because I figured they would've just attached it to her.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Bureaucrats.......sheeesh!

+ Reply to Thread