+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My parking ticket

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Re: My parking ticket

We've got alumni and LTAC stickers on the car, and still get tickets. I've never paid them, or mailed them back. If it catches up with my daughter in 13 years, then I'll just have to deal with it then. I agree with the bookstore validation. We go to campus for Chick-fil-a or McAllisters all the time, and usually make a stop by the bookstore, and can't get out of there for less than $30 it seems.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Any of you who have a student at Tech may want to handle things a little differently. If the student can be associated with your vehicle or perhaps the student got a ticket in your vehicle don't ignore the ticket. They will hold the transcript over an unpaid parking ticket.

I've had to send a letter with the ticket requesting they forgive the ticket. They always do and have never asked for any kind of I.D. number.

They WILL NOT forgive tickets received in a registered vehicle.
    They will also put a boot on your car if you have a bunch of unpaid tickets. Learned that the hard way.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Related story that I've told before but feel like telling again because I'm in a Aubunique mood, so deal with it. When I was a senior in high school, I made the trip up to pick up my sister to bring home who was a freshman at Tech. I got a parking ticket. Of course the car was registered to my dad. We just threw it away. Three years later, I was a 3rd year freshman at Tech when I got notified that I couldn't pre-register because I had an unpaid ticket. Well, neither my sister nor I had a car at the time, so couldn't figure out how I got a ticket. When I checked into it, it was from the ticket I had gotten while still in high school. I marvelled at the incompetence that my sister had been here longer and they never attributed it to her but also that it took up to 3 years later to attach it to my file. When they were able to see the proof that I hadn't started Tech until a year after the ticket was written, they wrote it off. I didn't mention anything about my sister because I figured they would've just attached it to her.
    Hey Dirty - you were a freshman for 3 years? Must have been good times!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Hey Dirty - you were a freshman for 3 years? Must have been good times!
    Better believe it. Only matched by my 2 years as as sophomore.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

Learned about being a scofflaw at Tech the hard way. After I graduated and went on to Grad School I came to Tech often to do research. Got tickets and pocketed them. Then three years later I reenrolled at Tech, when I registered the vehicle I got a bill for $315 worth of tickets. I guess I should have gotten a degree in something other than history, so I could have afforded a new car.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    We've got alumni and LTAC stickers on the car, and still get tickets. I've never paid them, or mailed them back. If it catches up with my daughter in 13 years, then I'll just have to deal with it then. I agree with the bookstore validation. We go to campus for Chick-fil-a or McAllisters all the time, and usually make a stop by the bookstore, and can't get out of there for less than $30 it seems.
    has happened to me a time or 2 as well. other times, I have parked in all kinds of weird places; on the grass, teacher spaces, random curb- no tickets. CRAZY!!

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

To my knowledge, there are only two 30-minute guest parking spots on campus (behind Keeny). I usually try those when making a quick stop on campus. I really think they thould add 5 more in the lot behind the bookstore for non-students/faculty that want to go the bookstore/eat/etc.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by trenteverett View Post
    To my knowledge, there are only two 30-minute guest parking spots on campus (behind Keeny). I usually try those when making a quick stop on campus. I really think they thould add 5 more in the lot behind the bookstore for non-students/faculty that want to go the bookstore/eat/etc.
    There are a couple of 15 minute spots by Tolliver for McAllister's and CFA pickups.

Varsity Bulldog Captain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to behold Captain Rowdy's Avatar

Got a new new truck my junior year and never bothered to get a parking sticker since it was always faster to park at the fraternity house and walk. Summer after my 1st senior year I was talking an 8 AM class that met everyday, and finding a parking spot was easy. Got a ticket every day for a month or so and never thought anything of it until they showed up on my sister's bill. Funny part was after she explained that it was my truck they removed the hold so she could register, but never even thought to check if I was still a student.
    Also had a friend that got a ticket by the bookstore and vented his frustration by throwing the ticket at the ticket writer as he drove out of the parking lot. Unfortunately for him the ticket writer complained about it and he ended up doing some community service for it.

I had a friend that found a blue (faculty) sticker laying outside the ticket office one day. Lucky dawg!

I was also, very briefly, employed as a contract employee. In my two weeks, I managed to get a blue sticker, and used it for the rest of the year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Any expert on identity theft will tell you it's an extremely bad idea to give out your social security number. Once a bad guy has your social security number, a lot of bad things can happen. With your social security number, identity thieves can easily apply for credit cards in your name and start running up thousands of dollars in credit card charges. And even though you may eventually be able to avoid paying the card charges, your credit record will be so screwed up that you will almost never be able to buy a house, or new cars, etc..... You'll also spend a fortune in money and a ton of time trying to straighten out your financial records.

Bottom line: DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. To anybody. Unless it's absolutely necessary (which in this case it wasn't.)

HD

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by trenteverett View Post
    The best kept secret parking spot on campus is a 30 minute zone that can fit two cars in between the band building and A.E. Philips. They were almost always open when I was in school and it always surprised me that so few people knew about them.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I was too broke to have a real vehicle back in my college days so I went to Cycle Salvage in Shreveport and bought "The Millenium Falcon". It was several motorcycles in one and I never registered that thing (think Johhny Cash "One Piece At A Time"). I also never got a motorcycle endorsement for my drivers license nor carried insurance on that thing. The upside was that I could park that thing ANYWHERE on campus and never worry about a ticket-although I was issued a whole lotta dem tings. Probably the best $500 I've ever spent buying that old thing.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Better believe it. Only matched by my 2 years as as sophomore.
    Damned Over-Achiever for an SAE!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Seven years of college down the drain - Bluto

+ Reply to Thread