+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Texas State game thread

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Texas State game thread

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    Amazing how a weak defense makes one think the whole team could be overrated. In the pre-spread era on any given Saturday, an SEC final score might read 14-10 or even 6-3 with defenses dominating the tempo.

A win is a win and I am ecstatic to be 9-1.
    With a weak defense, I understand your sentiment. But this is not a weak defense. This is a complete lack of any sort of defensive scheming or talent or focus. We've been settling into a hole defensively, we hit the bottom tonight and started drilling into the bedrock.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    While I understand the sentiment, Oregon has given up 10 points to Cal in the first half. We just let Texas State hang half a hundred on us.
    To your point, I just checked on Oregon. They are 33rd in the country in points against. Not bad with the offense they run. After seeing the numbers I actually think their defense is above average.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    After seeing the numbers I actually think their defense is above average.

Giving up 22.3 points per game. They are 46th in total defense.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Giving up 22.3 points per game. They are 46th in total defense.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...3/oregon-ducks

But 30th in points against. Which is where the rubber meets the road. With that style of offense that is good. Their defense is not great. But their defense is under-rated. People in this thread stating they are terrible. Sorry, 22.3 a game is not terrible. OUR defense is terrible. If 22.3/game is terrible then get me some terrible, quick, before USU gets in town.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I was agreeing with you. I think their D is pretty darn good given the circumstances. I would love to have their defensive stats for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I was agreeing with you. I think their D is pretty darn good given the circumstances. I would love to have their defensive stats for this year.
    You could get in trouble with the moderators for doing that. Someone might flag your post.

Puppy Bull has turned a few heads around hereBull has turned a few heads around hereBull has turned a few heads around hereBull has turned a few heads around hereBull has turned a few heads around here

Great game guys. Your offense was explosive and I have to give credit to your RBs in last night's game. They were quick and always managed to find holes to run... also was impressed with your QB's accuracy. Defense of course had issues, but understand we haven't executed our offense that well since our upset of Houston earlier this season.

Your fans were classy and represented well. For those who came, I hope you enjoyed yourselves and found great hospitality in the Texas hill country!

Can't wait to watch next week's match against USU!

+ Reply to Thread