+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina game thread 11/12

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Re: South Carolina game thread 11/12

Lulu is the only one who came to play tonight

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Sc 59-46

Sc 63-50

69-51

Sc 73-53

Puppy cpmsport has turned a few heads around herecpmsport has turned a few heads around here

Well, after hearing all the comments on here about how good the Techsters will be this year, I decided to tune in tonight. It was sad to see that there was no "kill" mentality and no "team" concept. I saw poor defense on the interior and to many one one one situations. This team has a lot to improve. Champ, you had my hopes up!

I wish this team the best; they need so much improvement to compete with the top 25 teams in the nation.

final 82-58 and how is this supposed to help with seeding when it comes to the NCAA tournament?

Puppy cpmsport has turned a few heads around herecpmsport has turned a few heads around here

I may be way off but I think Spoon is in a situation where she is responsible for all aspects of coaching on a position to position, day to day and game time basis. She really doesn't have seasoned assistants who she can consult with and pull from to execute and manage the game plan. The assistants just look so passive. I truly believe Spoon is having to assume more responsibility than her peers. Is there reason why we have such young, inexperienced assistance? I think Sara is probably the strongest; seems to be a hard worker. Again, I may be way off.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Well, we didn't look too good. I continue to be frustrated with the post game. Frazier is not a four. She is not big enough to play that position against post players like USC has. We have enough "real" post players to allow Frazier to play the three, her obvious natural position. I thing Anderson is our best scoring post player. Lulu is going to be good. Not sure about Bornum. I thought we wanted to run? Did we run at all tonight? I was surprised at our lack of energy. I don't know; I guess I was expecting to see something better tonight.

was Anderson not starting tonight?

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

No, and as far as I am concerned, she did not see the court enough.

Puppy caldwell1 is an unknown

You are right BuzDawg, Frazier isnt a 4 but she doesn't have the guard skills to play the 3. That would be here natural position if her ball handling skills were improved. After seeing the Tulane game in person, I do believe that Anderson is the best scoring post with Lewis a close second but both cannot play together unless they are in a zone. Borum is the point option because Hayes isn't progressing fast enough and they both turn the ball over too much. This team lacks chemistry, leadership, and a go to player. Maybe that will be Shelton when she is available to play or maybe Lulu after she gains some experience. The lack of energy is a product of not being in shape. This team be sucking wind before the first official timeout.

I can't imagine why Anderson wouldn't be starting with her size

Puppy caldwell1 is an unknown

Anderson isnt starting because Lewis is a better post defender and more mobile.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    Well, we didn't look too good. I continue to be frustrated with the post game. Frazier is not a four. She is not big enough to play that position against post players like USC has. We have enough "real" post players to allow Frazier to play the three, her obvious natural position. I thing Anderson is our best scoring post player. Lulu is going to be good. Not sure about Bornum. I thought we wanted to run? Did we run at all tonight? I was surprised at our lack of energy. I don't know; I guess I was expecting to see something better tonight.
    with you there BuzDawg!
    Just getting in from a conference in Vegas and missed the game completely here!
    What the heck happened?
    Sheltom was out for the game?
    Is our post game non-existant?
    Also, didn't seem to be a great defence they had talked about either!
    Is there no post presents at all?
    Like Champ, I had big expectations for this class...
    and it is just not there right now and they better start to gel soon!
    I like Champ have been pumping up this class all during the off-season and very dissappointed!

+ Reply to Thread