+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendance Guess for USU

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Attendance Guess for USU

as usual, i'll be the contrarian here. i am reading comments on this thread about "poor marketing" for the game. what else is tech supposed to do to market the game, short of paying people to come? there is a big advertising blitz; dorms are open for students; we have a ranked team playing a very good team on senior day; discounted tickets for students and (i think) vets. at some point marketing only goes so far. any sports fan in north louisiana knows this game is going on and whats at stake. people either choose to come or they don't.
    i am hoping for 22k.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

With the Buzz I'm getting from S/B area I think we will be very happy! VERY!

This week advertising has been at it's absolute best (times 10) in the area. I'm hearing radio adds, seeing TV adds, hearing people talk abou it, and not the cheap high school style advertising. While I will never be satisfied, I can be happy at the progress. Now, next year I want to see this effort for ALL home games! Then I will say we are trying.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bdfanatic View Post

There is always Prozac. Baah humbug.
    Ask BVDV how that radio network deal is going for us. Rattling that Tiger Cage? Since I don't live in the Shreveport area, I didn't know we were actually spending money over there. I up my estimate to 18500 + the donated tickets.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    as usual, i'll be the contrarian here. i am reading comments on this thread about "poor marketing" for the game. what else is tech supposed to do to market the game, short of paying people to come? there is a big advertising blitz; dorms are open for students; we have a ranked team playing a very good team on senior day; discounted tickets for students and (i think) vets. at some point marketing only goes so far. any sports fan in north louisiana knows this game is going on and whats at stake. people either choose to come or they don't.
    i am hoping for 22k.
    Very little marketing was done out of Monroe/WMonroe/ElDorado. It is good that we hit the Shreveport market in a big way. I believe everything that could have been done around Campus was done. Changing the game time to 3:00 was not a positive thing.

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

This subject on this board is usuless everyone wants to blame anything and everything but the lack of loyality by a high percent of our alumni and some of our students. This coupled with the historic poor sports area North Louisiana has shown is strangling attendance. We need to be honest and ask ourselves really how many other schools if they were in our position this week end would not have a full house. unfortunatly I believe that everyother school in the state with the execption on Tulane (due to size of stadium), would have a full house under these conditions. I still beleive it can be changed but not till we own up to the problem instead of blaming everone else.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

If the game is close we could have much more of our crowd helping out at 6:30 than we would have had at 9:30...temps are gonna be falling at dark.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

I am on campus. By basing the number of cars left, I would guess maybe 50% of student population left. Definitely not 70!

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    This subject on this board is usuless everyone wants to blame anything and everything but the lack of loyality by a high percent of our alumni and some of our students. This coupled with the historic poor sports area North Louisiana has shown is strangling attendance. We need to be honest and ask ourselves really how many other schools if they were in our position this week end would not have a full house. unfortunatly I believe that everyother school in the state with the execption on Tulane (due to size of stadium), would have a full house under these conditions. I still beleive it can be changed but not till we own up to the problem instead of blaming everone else.
    Your entire post loses cred due to the bolded

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    If BVDV says 28k, I'll go with 18,023. Signs all over Ruston and Farmerville won't cut it. That's not marketing.
    It's more than we've had around here. I don't know who paid for/produced the 4-COLOR yard signs for THIS home game, but I say THANK YOU. They aren't generic ones that say "TECH HOME GAME SATURDAY" these are 4-color signs specifically for THIS game. They weren't cheap, and they can't be reused later.

I appreciate the effort...ANY effort.

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Your entire post loses cred due to the bolded
    Well you have your opinoin and I have mine! We have student leaving I have numerous Co-Worker that are alumni and are totaly disintrested in Tech we spend more time worring what we can get from waht we can give back. This board as a whole are people who do care, but the generally alumni within 100-150 miles of campus generally are not ever showing up even once and our attendance is the proof. They are more concerned about being in the deer or duck blind than the football game.

Puppy ltechz has turned a few heads around hereltechz has turned a few heads around hereltechz has turned a few heads around hereltechz has turned a few heads around here

23,000 with 11 of those in our group. I've actually had quite a few people here Sport City either ask about attending the game or say that they are attending the game, but the A&M and lsu games are both at 2:30 Sat. afternoon and that does not help.

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

20K minimum. That is the new base.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by coop1448 View Post
    I am on campus. By basing the number of cars left, I would guess maybe 50% of student population left. Definitely not 70!
    50% of our student population commutes. I personally think that's a GREAT sign.

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

24,273 - announced
    18ish - actual

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    Well you have your opinoin and I have mine! We have student leaving I have numerous Co-Worker that are alumni and are totaly disintrested in Tech we spend more time worring what we can get from waht we can give back. This board as a whole are people who do care, but the generally alumni within 100-150 miles of campus generally are not ever showing up even once and our attendance is the proof. They are more concerned about being in the deer or duck blind than the football game.
    More cred loss with the bolded. Best attendance we've ever had so far.

+ Reply to Thread