+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Franklin is an idiot . . . STILL

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tony Franklin is an idiot . . . STILL

we had no success running up the middle all night, but that was the last play we ran in OT. STUPID

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    You lose credibility with statements like that. We scored 41 at home. Offense is not the problem.
    Offense didn't score 41 dumb ass

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Offense didn't score 41 dumb ass
    Yeah but the same Special Teams that scored a TD also cost us dearly. The blocked FG and the fumbled KO return were crippling. Like I said in the other thread. TOTAL TEAM LOSS. Offense, Defense, Special Teams, Coaching with a nice shout out to the refs as well.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Yeah but the same Special Teams that scored a TD also cost us dearly. The blocked FG and the fumbled KO return were crippling. Like I said in the other thread. TOTAL TEAM LOSS. Offense, Defense, Special Teams, Coaching with a nice shout out to the refs as well.
    What you say is not up for debate. You are correct.

Our already known horrible defense held them to 38 in regulation. Our high powered offense scored 34 and got zero in the red zone on three attempts.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    What you say is not up for debate. You are correct.

Our already known horrible defense held them to 38 in regulation. Our high powered offense scored 34 and got zero in the red zone on three attempts.
    It's maddening that ONE more stop by the defense. Just ONE turnover created. If the offense just eliminates ONE of their mistakes. ONE Special Teams gaffe. Maybe if we get ONE more PI call from the refs, we are WAC champions. Enough to make you sick.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    and what makes you a football expert
    Don't claim to be. Haven't played a down of football, other than sandlot, since high school and that was when we had leather helmets. However, I do know that in any war (and a game of football is a war) success or failure is ultimately determined by boots on the ground and the effectiveness of the ground game.

Speaking specifically to the game, the Tech defense is what it is. The Tech offense is apparently strategically sound and effective (admittedly, to my pleasant surprise). However, tactics are wanting. The Utah State defense is one of the better, if not the best, defense we are scheduled to play. I believe that we should have established the ground game straight out of the gate. I actually think we could have had a dominant ground game today. By throwing deep on the first play (a low percentage play) we set ourselves up for a 3 and out, placing immediate and unnecessary pressure on our suspect defense. Had the pass been completed, we still would not have established anything fundamentally. Success early in the running game puts the opposing defense on their heels. Anyway, as we all experienced, we were playing catch up the rest of the game. IMHO, this was a direct and immediate result of the first play. It set the tone.

1st and ten at Utah States' 15, 52 seconds in the half, Tech with two time outs. We had been successfully running the ball. Why in the world would Franklin opt to throw the ball on first down, the incomplete pass leading to an interception in the end zone. Cameron was put in a position he shouldn't have had to be. We could have run the ball and scored and used up the clock. Basically, the same choices were made by Franklin in a very similar situation in the 3rd quarter, again resulting in an interception in the end zone.

OT - incomplete pass on 3rd, unsuccessful run on 4th. Game Over

I know we are all disappointed and hurting. I really feel bad for our players as they were not put in the best position possible to be successful. They played very well with resolute character.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    You lose credibility with statements like that. We scored 41 at home. Offense is not the problem.
    Don't question my credibility (no that it really matters) because you don't recognize what I do (and that is not a criticism, just a matter of perspective and opinion). But, let's not snipe at each other. We are all disappointed.

But, TF does seem to be unwilling to or incapable of adapting to in game situations.

I shouldn't have called him an idiot, but I was unhappy.

Plus, it may have been my fault we lost as I changed the "MO". I did leave at the end of 3rd quarter as I believed the "superstions gods" were wreaking havoc on our Bulldogs. It seemed to work as about an hour later we tied the game and headed to OT as I pulled into the carport. By the time I got ESPN3 on, the Ags had scored and we all know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    That's a stupid comment. He has an opinion and expressed it. What makes your opposing opinion any better? Try explaining what's wrong with his opinion if that's what you think.

And another item, one needs not possess "expert" qualifications to make valid and accurate observations. A dedicated fan's perception and perspective is sometimes clearer than the "experts" who can be too close to the situation. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with stodgdog, just sayin'...
    Thank you

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Bill, I have to say, in my humble opinion Tony Franklin and Sonny Dykes have brought TECH FOOTBALL back. This is so much more fun to watch than that mess Dooley was running. Perfect, no...but this style of wide open offense fits US. I'm disappointed in the loss, but as some have already said...it was a TEAM loss tonight.

Hope you are well, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Our offense is amazing. We slept-walked thru the first half. The refs were allowing their DBs to grab on and go for a ride. We made some stupid mistakes. USU does have a very good defense. And, after all of that, we still had 37 1st downs and 629 yds total offense.

I think our OL deserves some props. Those guys have gone about their business all year, doing a great job. Hats off guys! Some may even say: You are sexy and you know it. (I wouldn't say that, but others might.)

Great job all year!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I agree but the post he was commenting on was also stupid. We have the #2 ranked scoring offense in the country. There WERE some weak ass calls tonight, that said I think we have MUCH, MUCH, MUCH bigger fish to fry than a couple of bad calls.
    Man, when the offense is not "clicking," fundamentals should get you through the rough possessions. Our flash is effective. Our fundamentals are not. Have consistently expressed that opinion since early Sept. I understand you disagree, maybe rightfully. Having the #2 scoring offense is great but is not necessarily defining of its effectiveness in game situations.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Definitly on Spangler this year. We should be 11-0 but our defense is the worst I have ever seen!
    ABSOLUTELY. The loss tonight and against A&M is on the "D". The team with the best "D" won tonight and it wasn't Sonny's "D".

I listen to all the post game crap about the officiating, play calling and clock mgt BUT the only 2 factors that really mattered was we SUCK ON DEFENSE and we turned the ball over 3 times TWICE in the red zone. Even with the 3 turnovers we had a chance to win BUT OF COURSE our defense allowed yet another easy score in OT.

On a positive note we can still finish 11-2 - best in program history!! Oh......what coulda shoulda been :bigcry:

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    ABSOLUTELY. The loss tonight and against A&M is on the "D". The team with the best "D" won tonight and it wasn't Sonny's "D".

I listen to all the post game crap about the officiating, play calling and clock mgt BUT the only 2 factors that really mattered was we SUCK ON DEFENSE and we turned the ball over 3 times TWICE in the red zone. Even with the 3 turnovers we had a chance to win BUT OF COURSE our defense allowed yet another easy score in OT.

On a positive note we can still finish 11-2 - best in program history!! Oh......what coulda shoulda been :bigcry:
    So was a shut out what you expected? Seriously you think giving up 38 was much worse than our offense only scoring 34? Nope this one isn't on the defense alone. Are you football savvy enough to understand that our offensive coaches called a horrible game?

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Man, when the offense is not "clicking," fundamentals should get you through the rough possessions. Our flash is effective. Our fundamentals are not. Have consistently expressed that opinion since early Sept. I understand you disagree, maybe rightfully. Having the #2 scoring offense is great but is not necessarily defining of its effectiveness in game situations.
    I agree with that. And I respect your opinion. But if 50 points a game and #2 ppg in the nation is with an idiot at the helm then give me the idiot everytime. Dooley stressed fundamentals and we looked like hammered crap.

I too disagree with some of the play calls tonight. BUT the bottom line is calling someone who has an offense that has been nothing short of excellent all year because of a couple of bad plays is like calling Patton a scrub when he drops a pass. It happens. But both Patton and Franklin need to be judged by what happens over the entire season. Not a series of calls or a few bad ones in one game.

And even if there is room for improvement on that side of the ball. It is DWARFED by what needs to happen on the other side of the ball which is why I thought your post was ill-timed. Our offense IS why we were 9-1 and ranked going into tonight.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    He set the tone early. All he had to do was run the football. He would rather sell his system than win football games.
    You are obviously a passionate fan but that doesn't mean you can to throw other's under the bus when things don't go as you wish. I dare say that there is only one poster to this board that has the credentials to criticize the OC given what our O has produced this season.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread