+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boise, byu, sdsu all still in conversations with mwc

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Boise, byu, sdsu all still in conversations with mwc

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Re: Boise, byu, sdsu all still in conversations with mwc

If MWC takes Boise, San Diego St, and BYU back then I could see them trying to go ahead and grabbing SMU, Houston, and possibly Tulsa/UTEP

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Rebelboi is a wise man. If the BE actually does fall apart, the MWC is as likely our destination as C*USA is. This depends on other moving parts, though. It'd certainly be a consideration.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

On the one hand, SDSU says the report is bunk:
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...ward-big-east/

On the other hand, UH apparently has an out:
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ithout-penalty

I did view the exit penalty as a stumbling block. If that's off the table, then C*USA or MWC become less unlikely. If that's not off the table, (if the report is correct) it means a good TV contract and little reason to leave.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Just be glad that this all didn't happen seven months ago.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

We would love to have UH and SMU in a conference with TECH.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    The only down side is that Tech would likely be permanently in the Eastern Division.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    The only down side is that Tech would likely be permanently in the Eastern Division.
    Not if the eastern teams are a part of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Just be glad that this all didn't happen seven months ago.
    Got that right.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    That would certainly be a plus for CUSA. My husband is a big Maryland fan, and this has been rumored for a while, but man, when they decided to pull the trigger, it was fast. I am thankful they waited as well. We could have been in a terrible situation if they had made this move earlier!

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    On the one hand, SDSU says the report is bunk:
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...ward-big-east/

On the other hand, UH apparently has an out:
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ithout-penalty

I did view the exit penalty as a stumbling block. If that's off the table, then C*USA or MWC become less unlikely. If that's not off the table, (if the report is correct) it means a good TV contract and little reason to leave.
    San Diego St AD isn't going to come out and say they've been talking as to not upset the BE if everything works out

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I want to see Memphis in the Sunbelt. :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    San Diego St AD isn't going to come out and say they've been talking as to not upset the BE if everything works out
    No, but there are statements, non-statements, and squishy-hedgey statements. This was a pretty definitive statement. If someone asks UConn if they're talking to the ACC, I don't think they'd deny it in this fashion. Missouri and Oklahoma similarly didn't deny talks with the SEC and Pac-12.

A couple other things make me wonder if the initial report isn't rather sketchy:

1) The BYU angle makes no sense. The other two I understand as the situation they jumped to has deteriorated. BYU is doing quite well under their new arrangement (scheduling has turned out to be less an issue than a lot of people - including myself - thought it would be). I'd initially thought that maybe they were talking about non-FB, but that only made a little more sense. Still not a lot.

2) This isn't the first time we've gotten reports like this. The same was said of TCU a while back and that turned out to be complete bunk. There were also reports that BYU wasn't going to leave. And that BSU/SDSU had decided to stay. I think the MWC's central office is very aggressive at presenting what they'd like to be true as being true.

The initial report could be true, but there are reasons to be skeptical.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I think the MWC's central office is very aggressive at presenting what they'd like to be true as being true.

I've spoken to many people throughout this process over the past 30 months who believe Bret McMurphy's main source has always been Craig Thompson.

No, but there are statements, non-statements, and squishy-hedgey statements. This was a pretty definitive statement. If someone asks UConn if they're talking to the ACC, I don't think they'd deny it in this fashion. Missouri and Oklahoma similarly didn't deny talks with the SEC and Pac-12.

A couple other things make me wonder if the initial report isn't rather sketchy:

1) The BYU angle makes no sense. The other two I understand as the situation they jumped to has deteriorated. BYU is doing quite well under their new arrangement (scheduling has turned out to be less an issue than a lot of people - including myself - thought it would be). I'd initially thought that maybe they were talking about non-FB, but that only made a little more sense. Still not a lot.

2) This isn't the first time we've gotten reports like this. The same was said of TCU a while back and that turned out to be complete bunk. There were also reports that BYU wasn't going to leave. And that BSU/SDSU had decided to stay. I think the MWC's central office is very aggressive at presenting what they'd like to be true as being true.

BYU is probably more willing now that they now being in a non-AQ conference will be easier for them to get into BCS bowl game

+ Reply to Thread