+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Pretend

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Let's Pretend

That we are going to the Heart of Dallas Bowl.

Let's talk about best places to stay, fun places to shop and eat and where we are going to celebrate New Years Eve after the game!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Let's Pretend

West End, Uptown, Deep Ellum, Billy Bob's (Ft. Worth), Gilley's, Hard Rock Cafe, to name just a few. For history buffs, go to the museum at the Texas School Book Depository at Dealy Plaza (this year is the 50th anniversary of the assisination there). For you shoppers, unlimited.

Lots of museums and a great Arts District as well.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I need a detailed list of Reastaurants so I can bribe my wife into making this whole Bowl thing a yearly ritual.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    West End, Uptown, Deep Ellum, Billy Bob's (Ft. Worth), Gilley's, Hard Rock Cafe, to name just a few. For history buffs, go to the museum at the Texas School Book Depository at Dealy Plaza (this year is the 50th anniversary of the assisination there). For you shoppers, unlimited.

Lots of museums and a great Arts District as well.
    No offense, but the 50th is 11/22/2013. Museums and art sound great!

My pick for hotel is the Westin Galleria.

Puppy MSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post

Let's talk about best places to stay, fun places to shop and eat and where we are going to celebrate New Years Eve after the game!
    If, and I mean if, we were in this one, I'd plan on going to Texas de Brazil in Ft Worth or the Fogo de Chao in Addison. I will stop eating after Christmas to be sure I get my money's worth.

But, with the intent of not causing any undue ju-ju.....I'm considering buying tickets and making reservations New Orleans and Shreveport High dollar hotel and a separate restaurant...Preferably ones with a penalty if you have to cancel----unless that might push the ju-ju where I don't want it----Dang... Guess I'll make plans on Monday next week.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MSChe1992 View Post
    If, and I mean if, we were in this one, I'd plan on going to Texas de Brazil in Ft Worth or the Fogo de Chao in Addison. I will stop eating after Christmas to be sure I get my money's worth.

But, with the intent of not causing any undue ju-ju.....I'm considering buying tickets and making reservations New Orleans and Shreveport High dollar hotel and a separate restaurant...Preferably ones with a penalty if you have to cancel----unless that might push the ju-ju where I don't want it----Dang... Guess I'll make plans on Monday next week.
    Went to Fogo de Chao in Houston recently. Amazing.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Any Restaurants in the Dallas area? I want to spend my time closer to the stadium.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Hooters and Motel 6. Straight up class.

Puppy MSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her gameMSChe1992 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Hooters and Motel 6. Straight up class.
    I can do this, too.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post

Frisco baby!!! Casa del Friscodog!!! Seriously.. good shopping at Allen Outlets, Frisco Stonebriar mall, just ask any of my inlaws LOL. Places to stay, depends upon $$$ and how close to fair park you would like to stay. Do you want to stay close to stadium and not close to shopping? or closer to shopping and farther away from stadium??

We are planning to drive in Monday around lunch time, eat a decent meal check into a nicer hotel near the stadium and go all out for supper that night. Then tailgate early, do the ball game and drive home. We got an 8 month old and a 5 year old at home and babysitters are a rare find. I need q really nice hotel and some great restaurant options to make this worth while for my overwork, underpaid, overly patient, beautiful wife. And we are still pretending right??

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Nick & Sam's
    Fogo de chao
    Texas de brazil
    blue goose
    bone daddy's

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

After all that, I am wondering why anyone would EVER want to go to Dallas!
    A nasty abomination on a vast prairie where tall grass and endless native wildflowers should still stand instead of tall buildings.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

And yet...

We may go to that nasty abomination to play a bowl game. So until it returns to its natural native wildflower prairie idyllic state and only armadillos and cockroaches remain to enjoy it...where should we stay?

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

The new Omni Hotel - next to the Convention Center
    Hyatt Regency - next to Union Station
    The Fairmont - in the arts district
    Rosewood Crescent
    Stoneleigh
    Hilton Anatole
    Hilton Park Cities
    Weston Galleria
    Hilton Dallas Lincoln Center

You do NOT want to stay near Fair Park or along RL Thorton Freeway!

I grew up in Dallas - trust me on this. You can stay towards Plano/Frisco/McKinney/Allen and drive in or take the light rail. The rail line will stop directly next to Fair Park. My family will most likely stay in Frisco at the Embassy Suites.

+ Reply to Thread