+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's Pretend

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Re: Let's Pretend

Places to eat? What are you in the mood for?

Roys - asian/hawaiian - located on the tollway in Plano
    Lawrys - prime rib - located on the tollway in Addison
    Pappa Bros - steakhouse - one located in Irving
    BBQ - Hard 8 - located in Coppell near DFW

There are some many good places to go. Everyone has favorites.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Activities:

Shopping at Allen Premium Outlets or Stonebriar Mall in Frisco
    West End - food and shopping
    Texas School Book Despository/Dealy Plaza
    Golf at Tour 18
    Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's
    Nightlife in Deep Ellum/Lower Greenville/Uptown
    Fort Worth Stockyards
    Museums are plentiful

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    After all that, I am wondering why anyone would EVER want to go to Dallas!
    A nasty abomination on a vast prairie where tall grass and endless native wildflowers should still stand instead of tall buildings.
    and yet 6.5 million people call DFW home including a large contingent of La Tech alumni.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Can I pretend we go to the Liberty in Memphis so I can hang out on Beale St?

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    I live in Dallas and I would love the Heart of Dallas bowl. For multiple reasons - some selfish, some not, but I would also love the Liberty Bowl.

I think the HOD bowl gets us a lot of exposure in a heavily recruited area. Liberty - not so much.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    I live in Dallas and I would love the Heart of Dallas bowl. For multiple reasons - some selfish, some not, but I would also love the Liberty Bowl.

I think the HOD bowl gets us a lot of exposure in a heavily recruited area. Liberty - not so much.
    I agree somewhat....however, I had never HEARD of the HOD till this year!! Liberty is an old bowl name with a super cool trophy.

Hey, I am at either one. Just less expensive for me to be at HOD.

HOD is the new name for the Ticket City Bowl.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...tball/20453870

Bulldog SoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Hooters and Motel 6. Straight up class.
    I'm with you on that! Not really worried about where I'll be sleeping, and not terribly concerned with where I'm eating - figure there's good food all over Dallas. What I'm concerned with is where I'm gonna be drinking. Where's the best nightlife at? Is there a certain strip with a bunch of decent bars? And are the bars open til 2 or later?... These are my pressing questions.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    Yes! I think we should!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    No offense, but the 50th is 11/22/2013. Museums and art sound great!

My pick for hotel is the Westin Galleria.
    Oops! That's right! Missed it by THAT much!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    And yet...

We may go to that nasty abomination to play a bowl game. So until it returns to its natural native wildflower prairie idyllic state and only armadillos and cockroaches remain to enjoy it...where should we stay?
    It's all according to what your budget it. You can go expensive or you can go cheap, and everywhere in between. Plenty of new fancy hotels in downtown, as well as some old classic hotels like the Adolphus or the Melrose. Even if you stay in a suburb, it is only minutes to the Cotton Bowl (at the right time of day, that is).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Bottom line is this, for me: Dawgs go to a bowl I can drive to. Next, I'm hoping for a more "interesting" opponent. However you wish to define "interesting" is up to you, but for me it means an AQ team. Would love the Liberty Bowl, but, since the CUSA champion goes there, I figure we'll see the Liberty Bowl in the coming years .

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoFloDawg View Post
    I'm with you on that! Not really worried about where I'll be sleeping, and not terribly concerned with where I'm eating - figure there's good food all over Dallas. What I'm concerned with is where I'm gonna be drinking. Where's the best nightlife at? Is there a certain strip with a bunch of decent bars? And are the bars open til 2 or later?... These are my pressing questions.
    Mockingbird Station near SMU is pretty cool. Plenty of choices there, but most close at either 10pm or midnight. The Irish pub there stays open late on weekends and is a pretty neat place. Not really a fan of the downtown area, mainly because parking is a chore, but it can get kind of snobby there too. And I'm also not a fan of $12 beer nights, which you'll find a lot of downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by SoFloDawg View Post
    Uptown
    Lower Greenville
    Deep Ellum

most open until 2 am. Finding a bar or bars will not be an issue.

Varsity Bulldog Ellis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around here

If you have $60+ dollars to spend, go to Texas de Brasil. Great place. As a poor college student, I will go to DQ and Whataburger since we do not have either here in Ruston

+ Reply to Thread