+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Athletes

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Athletes

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Greg did not say "critiquing," or "expressing dissatisfaction," he said "bad-mouthing...coaching...and officiating...pretty heavily," then forgetting all about it when their team got ahead. To most folks, people who bitch and moan about referees and coaches only when their team is losing are obnoxious. Is it really so hard to believe that Rummel could have obnoxious fans like everyone else? Time to remove your Raider-colored glasses.
    Cuz it's not true.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Thanks for the thoughtful post, professor. And, I fully understand what you mean.

I catch other HS games throughout the year, esp. Natchitoches Central games, when they play some of better programs from 'round here. I just go to watch and like to put my old scouting hat on and evaluate the players. You see kids out there with tons of potential and you think, with some good coaching, that kid could be a nice pick-up for some college program. Be it lack of coaching....or grades...or something else....rarely do these kids surface in college ball. And there are others that just "wow!" ya. I saw a kid from ASH last year, a safety, who was spectacular. Have no idea where he is today.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And there are others that just "wow!" ya. I saw a kid from ASH last year, a safety, who was spectacular. Have no idea where he is today.
    Shaan Washington. Texas A&M commitment. He is a senior this year. You should see him on the basketball court! He's 6-1, maybe 6-2 (listed at 6-3), but he plays like he's 6-8. Monster on the basketball court! ASH has a team that could win it all this year.

There are legitimate concerns about what position Shaan plays at the next level. He's 6-1, 6-2, maybe 210. Has the makeup of being a safety, but he's only a 4.8 or 4.9 guy. I think his best bet is to probably bulk up and play either LB or TE. If he could get to 240, he'd be a helluva tight end.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Shaan Washington. Texas A&M commitment. He is a senior this year. You should see him on the basketball court! He's 6-1, maybe 6-2 (listed at 6-3), but he plays like he's 6-8. Monster on the basketball court! ASH has a team that could win it all this year.

There are legitimate concerns about what position Shaan plays at the next level. He's 6-1, 6-2, maybe 210. Has the makeup of being a safety, but he's only a 4.8 or 4.9 guy. I think his best bet is to probably bulk up and play either LB or TE. If he could get to 240, he'd be a helluva tight end.
    His athleticism is obvious. But beyond that, he's a smart player. He "sees the field" as the expression goes. Gets good, quick reads as the play starts and is always in the right spot. At least he did the time I saw him play. I don't remember the name, just assuming we're talking about the same kid. aTm commitment? That figures....

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Greg did not say "critiquing," or "expressing dissatisfaction," he said "bad-mouthing...coaching...and officiating...pretty heavily," then forgetting all about it when their team got ahead. To most folks, people who bitch and moan about referees and coaches only when their team is losing are obnoxious. Is it really so hard to believe that Rummel could have obnoxious fans like everyone else? Time to remove your Raider-colored glasses.
    Those colors would be Columbia blue and red...

As for our coach. That would be Jay Roth. Former Rummel QB, about 1980-82. His dad, Easton Roth was HC. Jay Roth has been Rummel's HC for about 20 years. His winning % is over .700, he has reached the semi-finals for the 7th time now. He does what the school wants him to do, and that is run a clean program and win as many games as possible laboring under the self-imposed restrictions.

But, as football fans, we want more. For starters, a state championship. If you hear Raider fans bemoaning our coaches it's because of that. As a proud Rummel grad, I insist upon high academic standards and accomplishments. As a proud Raider fan, and former Super Ant, I want a frickin' state championship!

Puppy ChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

As to West Monroe, they have two things going for them. A very large student population is one. And, they have a very aggresive weight training and conditioning program. I can't tell you how many scrawy kids I remember from second grade who are now bowed up.

What is WM's male enrollment?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

What is WM's male enrollment?
    Approx 1000

Nothing unusually large about that for a 5A school. I don't know this, but I would think that would be one of the smaller male population for a 5A school. Is there a website with such data?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Nothing unusually large about that for a 5A school. I don't know this, but I would think that would be one of the smaller male population for a 5A school. Is there a website with such data?
    I'm sure it's listed somewhere. I tried to find it one time and it was a pretty difficult search. I guessed 1K based on an approximate 2K enrollment.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Maddawg, How many players does WM have in the program 9-12?

West Monroe High School 1,981 1,038 52.40% 943 47.60%

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Maddawg, How many players does WM have in the program 9-12?
    Not certain. Definately over 100. Maybe 120

Thanks. I guess

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

West Monroe had 1981 students of which 1038 are girls and 943 are guys. (Based on Louisiana Department of Education, October 2011 Report). WM had 195 (110 varsity & 85 freshmen) total players on the Freshman and Varsity squads based on the 2011 rosters listed at www.olerebels.com . My total school numbers came from the link listed above by dawg80.

(damn I'm slow, didn't realize dawg80 had already posted the student numbers)

+ Reply to Thread