+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hal Mumme 2.0

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hal Mumme 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    If a private meeting for an hour and a half of frank and direct questions and answers, of which I'm very appreciative, is meeting him only briefly, then yes, I have met him briefly. And since I did not specifically ask what he would do in this specific circumstance, I do not "know" his level of preparedness. But I have some understanding of his approach to, and experience with, athletics from which I base my opinion.

However, my remark was not intended as a slam against Dr. Guice so much as a warning that
    there is not someone "waiting in the wings" to make things right, and that an enjoyment of sports is no basis for understanding what is required to finally provide a solid foundation for Tech athletics.

Regarding your last statement, an AD can only have as much authority as he is granted and I am unsure of your qualification to assess an AD's knowledge.
    I suppose "brief" is in the eye of the beholder, but it sounds like you had a good meeting that resulted in a reasonable basis for your opinion. I respect your opinion even when I don't agree with it.

Regarding your last statement, I concur.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that you're not slamming Dr. Guide; however, it's possible that if he truly loves the Dawgs (and my truly brief experience with him says he does), he'll surround himself with people who DO know what needs to be done (AD, marketing, etc.).

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Worth pointing out that in 8 years of coaching FBS football Mumme had only one season over .500 where he won 7 games once.

In just 3 years of coaching FCS football Dykes has won 8 games or more twice.

I'm pissed off and want changes too but he's not Hal Mumme.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Worth pointing out that in 8 years of coaching FBS football Mumme had only one season over .500 where he won 7 games once.

In just 3 years of coaching FCS football Dykes has won 8 games or more twice.

I'm pissed off and want changes too but he's not Hal Mumme.
    How much of that was at Kentucky? An SEC schedule is not a reasonable comparison to make with Dykes.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I understand that you're not slamming Dr. Guide; however, it's possible that if he truly loves the Dawgs (and my truly brief experience with him says he does), he'll surround himself with people who DO know what needs to be done (AD, marketing, etc.).
    He might, but his only examples of how the AD's role should function are terribly distorted. In fact, his examples about how just about every athletic role (and other non-athletic ones) are terribly distorted. Note, I did not say HIS views are distorted. I said his EXAMPLES are distorted. But, that is not a good thing, and certainly not helpful.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

How much of that was at Kentucky? An SEC schedule is not a reasonable comparison to make with Dykes.
    4 years at NMSU. Playing a similar schedule to ours. His record at Kentucky was notable better than at NMSU.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I think a high powered offense, even if that brings a suspect defense, is what we must do to succeed. Now, our defense this year was unacceptably bad; it must get better. We pay Dykes for these decisions, let him make them and face the consequences of his decision. BVDV doesn't make those decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    4 years at NMSU. Playing a similar schedule to ours. His record at Kentucky was notable better than at NMSU.
    Maybe Dykes is better than Mumme, but so what? And I still don't see it to be a fair comparison of success to compare what Dykes has won to what Mumme won at NMSU and Kentucky. Winning at Tech SHOULD be easier than at either of those.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

So if SD brings in a new DC, y'all will be satisfied? I think that's reasonable.

As for Guice's example...clearly LG is a smart guy. Smart guys are able to l

Maybe Dykes is better than Mumme, but so what? And I still don't see it to be a fair comparison of success to compare what Dykes has won to what Mumme won at NMSU and Kentucky. Winning at Tech SHOULD be easier than at either of those.
    So what? So that's what this thread is about.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

...look at bad examples and know they are not to be followed. I don't think it follows that just because DR has done a poor job with the athletic department AND Guice has been on DR's staff that LG will run things the same way.

No editing on mobile is weak.

I'll be happy if he replaces Spangler. LFP won't be happy until they are all gone.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I think a high powered offense, even if that brings a suspect defense, is what we must do to succeed. Now, our defense this year was unacceptably bad; it must get better. We pay Dykes for these decisions, let him make them and face the consequences of his decision. BVDV doesn't make those decisions.
    I agree with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    No editing on mobile is weak.
    I know. Can't even delete the post on mobile.

+ Reply to Thread