+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No more support from me

Varsity Bulldog bdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nice

No more support from me

I will no longer buy season tickets or give money to LTAC until Spangler is fired. I can't deal with it anymore. I am in graduate school trying to support my university but if the administration doesn't care...why should I?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: No more support from me

Let some time pass, and then make a decision. Never good to make such life-changing decisions in the heat of the moment.

Puppy bullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the ears

Are you going to tell the administration that?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

The only problem with this (although I agree) is our admin is not heads-up enough to realize that this is a problem. They didn't try very hard to get you, I doubt they'll notice if you leave. Now, that's their problem, not yours. We pay for this team, if we don't get our money's worth, we gotta make a statement.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I'm giving more. That's how I roll.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Yes!!!! I love to see people stand up to the 'Ruston establishment'

Varsity Bulldog bdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nice

Already have I promise you.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Dawgmatics camp, but I'm gonna Bit** for a solid month about how poorly we handled the biggest chance we have ever had in our storied football history.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Supporting your school/team seems to be the only place where we are expecting to blindly follow with our $$$.

If my local food joint starts making bad food continuously, I will stop supporting them with my money.
    If my local grocer starts bringing in bad products and increasing prices, I will stop supporting them with my money.
    If my local retailer doesn't provide the goods I want at the prices I want, I will stop supporting them with my money.

Sports seems to be the anomaly. If my team is not performing and continues to put out a poor product, I am supposed to keep supporting them with my money?

I'm not saying this season has cost La Tech my money, but I think it's an interesting discussion given how this season ended. I remember similar discussions during the Bicknell eras, Rupp eras, and Oaks eras. We went 9-3, but we have the worst defense in the nation, which possibly cost us 12-0. Interesting discussion.

Varsity Bulldog 1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I'm in Dawgmatics camp, but I'm gonna Bit** for a solid month about how poorly we handled the biggest chance we have ever had in our storied football history.
    I agree - we shouldn't just "leave the stadium" cos of bitter disappointment - not if we are true fans...through thick and thin 'til death us do part....

BUT we do have the right (and privilege and more importantly the NEED to make a lot of noise when things are needing fixing - if you call that Bit$$%%& fine - I like to think of it as constructive criticism :icon_wink: - how else do we improve?

I am disappointed and to be honest - sick of the embarrassment that the DC put out their for all to see - thankfully few of my work peeps will have seen this debacle so not much ribbing expected Monday (they will all be concerned over LSPoo being #8 and not sure of who they will beat in a bowl).

I may not go to the bowl - it will depend on cost as much as anything now - two weeks ago that didn't matter, I would have gone to just about anywhere (including Boise). So - a fun season - a bitter disappointment - a game still to come - some good memories - some painful ones - this is what being a fan is all about AND - come Jan we will all be looking forward to the Spring Game and then the new conference foes

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

If we play at Indy...I will be there. I will b**** for weeks and write any emails, but I will be there as we attempt to set a record for most points given up in a bowl game.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 1962DAWG View Post
    I agree - we shouldn't just "leave the stadium" cos of bitter disappointment - not if we are true fans...through thick and thin 'til death us do part....

BUT we do have the right (and privilege and more importantly the NEED to make a lot of noise when things are needing fixing - if you call that Bit$$%%& fine - I like to think of it as constructive criticism :icon_wink: - how else do we improve?

I am disappointed and to be honest - sick of the embarrassment that the DC put out their for all to see - thankfully few of my work peeps will have seen this debacle so not much ribbing expected Monday (they will all be concerned over LSPoo being #8 and not sure of who they will beat in a bowl).

I may not go to the bowl - it will depend on cost as much as anything now - two weeks ago that didn't matter, I would have gone to just about anywhere (including Boise). So - a fun season - a bitter disappointment - a game still to come - some good memories - some painful ones - this is what being a fan is all about AND - come Jan we will all be looking forward to the Spring Game and then the new conference foes

The wife and I had this discussion tonight unfortunately. In a week, maybe it won't matter, but tonight we had this discussion. A couple of weeks ago - we started pricing trips to Miami, and tonight...tonight we discussed how we may not even want to spend the money to see this happen in person.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like bad decision making affected our play. I'm disappointed in the fact that outside of a very select few no one upstairs cares about us little fans. I think that at this point when it's 2 am and I'm still seething at the missed opportunity to go to the ORANGE BOWL has been relegated to a high possibility we play ULM in the INDY BOWL, I think I can't take it any more. But..... TECH is still my home and the only way change will occur is when the little people make enough noise to rattle the ivory tower. They aren't to blame for poor coaching decisions, but they can remedy this with forward motion.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I feel like bad decision making affected our play. I'm disappointed in the fact that outside of a very select few no one upstairs cares about us little fans. I think that at this point when it's 2 am and I'm still seething at the missed opportunity to go to the ORANGE BOWL has been relegated to a high possibility we play ULM in the INDY BOWL, I think I can't take it any more. But..... TECH is still my home and the only way change will occur is when the little people make enough noise to rattle the ivory tower. They aren't to blame for poor coaching decisions, but they can remedy this with forward motion.
    If someone can make FIRE TS signs, I'll help put them all over campus.

It's not the outward momentum that's is necessarily needed. Make no bones about it, he is gone after the bowl game. It's the need for the Administration to land the very best bowl for this program and remedy their previous faults. A massive email campaign to the AD and President would be a far better tool.

+ Reply to Thread