+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Tulane to Big East?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tulane to Big East?

We all praised him for going against the big boys at the time and I, personally, thought we settled for less than what could have been. If all the non-aq's would have continued to stick together, we would have had even more. Anyway, it did give rise to his reputation as willing to step out on a limb and lead that fight. I could see why the Big East would consider him valuable. It explains a lot of why they chose Tulane. Sometimes you get rewarded for being the one that pushes the limits.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We all praised him for going against the big boys at the time and I, personally, thought we settled for less than what could have been. If all the non-aq's would have continued to stick together, we would have had even more. Anyway, it did give rise to his reputation as willing to step out on a limb and lead that fight. I could see why the Big East would consider him valuable. It explains a lot of why they chose Tulane. Sometimes you get rewarded for being the one that pushes the limits.
    "WE" didn't all praise him (them). We took the scraps. He has always been a no good, suck up, SOB. I loathe Tulane.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    "WE" didn't all praise him (them). We took the scraps. He has always been a no good, suck up, SOB. I loathe Tulane.
    That is why I stated that we settled for less than could have been. I wish more would have joined in the fight with him and pushed harder, though.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

That is why I stated that we settled for less than could have been. I wish more would have joined in the fight with him and pushed harder, though.
    Exactly! And yes most all of us praised him for taking the stance even though we all hated Tulane.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Exactly! And yes most all of us praised him for taking the stance even though we all hated Tulane.
    My hatred of Tulane had nothing to do with me not praising the deal.

Many of us knew they gave too much back to the BCS guys and they could have gotten much more. He/They didn't deserve praise for that. The irony is that the non-AQs made the best of it and did better than anybody ever imagined they'd do. IMO the success of the non-AQs in the BCS is one of the main reasons the BCS is being scrapped.

My hatred of Tulane had nothing to do with me not praising the deal.

Many of us knew they gave too much back to the BCS guys and they could have gotten much more. He/They didn't deserve praise for that. The irony is that the non-AQs made the best of it and did better than anybody ever imagined they'd do. IMO the success of the non-AQs in the BCS is one of the main reasons the BCS is being scrapped.
    I don't think we are in any disagreement on this. Summary:
    • Many of us praised him for going out on a limb and starting the talk of a lawsuit - pushing forward.
    • Most of us hate Tulane
    • Most of us thought he gave in WAY too early in the push and should have continued with a lawsuit, unless we could achieve some equality.
    • I like the fact that he was willing to do what he did, when many of the non-aq programs didn't have the guts, but he whimped out in the end.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Even though I don't always agree with Dawg06 about academics as it relates to conference decisions and college athletics in general this is one area where he is right. Tulane, who I also loathe, is headed to the Big East because of academics. Their athletics program sucks. Take their academics away and they are ulm.
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 01-30-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

We can't beat them bad enough this year to make me happy. Hell, I even hope ulm beats them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Even though I don't always agree with Dawg06 about academics as ot relates to conference decisions and college athletics in general this is one area where he is right. Tulane, who I also loathe, is headed to the Big East because of academics. Their athletics program sucks. Take their academics away and they are ulm.
    Tulane = straw that broke the camel's back with the Catholic schools. Coincidence? I don't believe it was.

Tulane = straw that broke the camel's back with the Catholic schools. Coincidence? I don't believe it was.
    Wouldn't shock me if this is true.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Cowen has a lot of pull. Much more than people realize. Tulane hosted the November, 2003 meetings for the Non-BCS AQ athletic directors and presidents at the Intercontinental hotel in New Orleans. There was a move to strip the non-aqs of what little power they have, and this meeting turned into a planning session for possible lawsuits if the AQ schools made a move. This is also the meeting that led to the 15,000 attendance/30,000 stadium size rules going away for all practical purposes. The meeting turned into what was thought to be a big win for many non-aq schools. Cowen got a lot of credit within that community.
    It's a shame the non-AQ's don't hold that meeting annually.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Scott Cowen is the "squeaky wheel". The Big East needs a squeaky wheel to keep the BCS wolves at bay.

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

Tech continues to win in football & men's basketball will do more for the program and University than which conference
    they belong to now that we are in CUSA. However, it will also attract more fans, money and interest by other conferences.

Varsity Bulldog Loftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her game

With the departure of the Catholic schools, is Tulane still definitely going to the Big East? I would love to see them stay in CUSA, as Tulane has historically been a solid baseball program.

Quote Originally Posted by Loftonbranch View Post
    With the departure of the Catholic schools, is Tulane still definitely going to the Big East? I would love to see them stay in CUSA, as Tulane has historically been a solid baseball program.
    Tulane wants to be anywhere LaTech is not. Other than baseball and one good year in football they are "historically" a bunch of losers.

+ Reply to Thread