+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: N.C. State and Dykes

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: N.C. State and Dykes

Seems not to have heard that SD is interviewing there today...

http://packinsider.com/2012/11/coach...update-part-1/

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Maybe you can't, but I sure can. You have to be realistic and understand that this is our lot. I'd much rather have the past two years than being stuck with a going-nowhere, mediocre coach like we had for the first part of this century!
    Enjoy it then. I don't have to accept this as our lot, though. If this is our lot then why bother? And to those that do accept this as our lot, then that is part of the damn problem.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Seems not to have heard that SD is interviewing there today...

http://packinsider.com/2012/11/coach...update-part-1/
    This guy hasn't done his homework - you can tell by his mention of Kentucky.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Enjoy it then. I don't have to accept this as our lot, though. If this is our lot then why bother? And to those that do accept this as our lot, then that is part of the damn problem.
    Nope, we need to find someone that wants to be here and that cares about the program. This is the 2nd year in a row for this distraction before a bowl game. It is not fair to the players or the fans.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Originally Posted by theprofessor
    Maybe you can't, but I sure can. You have to be realistic and understand that this is our lot. I'd much rather have the past two years than being stuck with a going-nowhere, mediocre coach like we had for the first part of this century!

Agree 1000% Dawgmatic!!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Somebody needs to give Dykes Derek Dooley's number so Precious can tell him how the grass isn't always greener.
    THIS

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I'm kind of indifferent on the matter. I think he's a decent coach, and am fine with him staying. If he gets an offer that he thinks is better, I am fine with him leaving. The only way we can guarantee keeping a coach for the long term is if we suck so bad nobody wants to hire our coach away. As long as we're growing, we're going to have to contend with bigger budgeted schools wooing our coaches. All told, it's not a bad problem to have. Yes, it's inconvenient, but it's part of the deal.

What I am NOT interested in is our admin throwing more money and contract extensions that lower the buyout at any coach. We are ALWAYS going to be outmatched in the salary department. We need to focus on forward progress. An up-and-coming coach knows he is not going to get Nick Saban--or even Kevin Sumlin--money from a non-AQ school. But if said school is showing a commitment to growing the program--facilities, endowments, etc.--in ways that give him the tools to be successful, then he'll take a a chance on us, just like we're taking a chance on him.

It would be foolish for us to get into a keeping-up-with-the-Joneses scenario in the salary department. Offer something reasonable, along with reason to believe he can be successful at Tech.
    Sometimes, the TRUTH hurts!!! I see more truth in this post than any of the others I have read on this subject. Green for you. Thanks for the honesty; but, that sure hit me in the face!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

How about a former Tech player for our next coach? Henderson State went 10-0 this year averaging over 50 points a game before losing a first round playoff game. http://www.hsusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=10 He also has experience as a DC.
    Last edited by DONW; 11-28-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I think that buyout amount is unreasonable. I think we would have a hard time finding a coach to agree to a buyout that large to coach here.
    I think that is part of the problem. Anybody that fights for a lower buyout is telling you that they want to go somewhere else. I think Dykes buyout is somewhat appropriate for what we are paying him. Next coaches buyout should be about 1 mil IMO.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I think that is part of the problem. Anybody that fights for a lower buyout is telling you that they want to go somewhere else. I think Dykes buyout is somewhat appropriate for what we are paying him. Next coaches buyout should be about 1 mil IMO.
    Right, if they balk at the buyout, don't hire them. A million is nothing to the big schools.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Right, if they balk at the buyout, don't hire them. A million is nothing to the big schools.
    Especially when compared to 800k. But 1 mil sounds like a big number and a coach can use that as a recruiting tool for assuring that he will be around. The real difference is perception.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    How about a former Tech player for our next coach? Henderson State went 10-0 this year averaging over 50 points a game before losing a first round playoff game. http://www.hsusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=10 He also has experience as a DC.
    This guy can coach offense, that's for sure. He was OC at Northwest MS CC for several years while my dad was in the administration there, and I know some guys that coached with him there. Everyone always thought very highly of him. They had good teams during that time and always put up a lot of points. It does not surprise me a bit to see him still doing well. I believe he played at Tech around the same time Ed Jackson was playing.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Scott's wife is one of my best friends. Would love to see them back in Ruston.

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

I like the idea of someone with ties to the University. I think that is our only chance of getting a top coach and keeping them for a significant period of time.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Once again I'm available...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread