+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CUSA Adds MTSU

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: CUSA Adds MTSU

Quote Originally Posted by LOUISIANA ACE View Post
    Why so much hate towards ULM on this board? Just FYI, this year ULM beat all four teams headed to Conference USA from the Sun Belt. Conference USA doesn't sound very "Elite" to me. I personally think that what's going on with conference realignments is ruining college football. Boise St in the Big East, West Virginia in the Big 12, Tulane to the Big East......none of this crap makes any sense. The truth is a Conference USA/Sunblet merger would be the best case scenario for most of the two conferences members. Sunbelt owned CUSA in football this year. There really in NO difference in level of competition. I just hope ALL of our local teams continue to be successful.

I'm a ULM grad, but also a Tech fan. I root for BOTH schools. I always make a point to attend a couple of Tech games a year and enjoyed coming over this year as well. I came to the Rice game and Idaho game. Tech's got a great team this year, overall team speed really impressed me. Congrats on a good season and good luck in your bowl game.
    Apparently you haven't been around very long.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    They visited MTSU last year and MTSU barely missed the mark. It wasn't knee jerk, they knew who they were (FAU too).

At this point, CUSA is just trying to survive. They are the MWC and the Sun Belt is the WAC.... the perceived better league in the region. Just like the MWC got to choose who they wanted from the WAC, so does CUSA from the Sun Belt. At least we aren't in the same position we were in last year. You gotta play with the hand you're dealt.
    Good source informs that MTSU was SOLELY a market choice, nothing more.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

CUSA already has the Shreveport/Texarkana and El Dorado/Monroe TV markets covered. . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    A much better market than New Orleans was.

Puppy LOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Apparently you haven't been around very long.
    Actually I have. I think a mega conference of quality NON-AQ schools would have more leverage against the bigger schools. There's no denying that La Tech has been better than ULM at just about every sport for a long time. Tech has better facilities, more money, a more consistent fanbase, etc. That doesn't mean that ULM and Tech being in the same mega conference is bad idea. Every conference has schools at each end of certain scales. SEC has Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, now Missouri. Let's be honest they are currently not close to Alabama, LSU, Florida, etc and haven't been for some time, but all of those schools mentioned bring something to the conference make up.

I thought is was great that Tech got into Conference USA. You guys should have been there a long time ago. The WAC was never a good fit in my opinion. I personally would have liked to have seen CUSA and Sunbelt stay as they were. I would prefer ULM and Tech be in seperate conferences, but I still think that now a merger of the two conferences benefits all members of both. I'm sure we can agree to disagree........

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a ULM grad, but also a Tech fan. I root for BOTH schools. I always make a point to attend a couple of Tech games a year and enjoyed coming over this year as well. I came to the Rice game and Idaho game. Tech's got a great team this year, overall team speed really impressed me. Congrats on a good season and good luck in your bowl game.
    Thanks Ace. We would love to have all ULM graduates be Tech fans. Right now, the vast majority of yall's alumni are lsu fans. I've always wondered about that...i mean, if your graduates are going to make the conscious decision to cheer for another in-state FBS-playing university, why not cheer for TECH? We're a LOT closer than Baton Rouge.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

...Conference USA doesn't sound very "Elite" to me...
    6>2 Bowl Tie-ins
    1.17MM> .1MM Avg. TV contract payout per year

Still not sound "Elite"

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

I just skimmed through most of this, but FAU is in. WKU will probably follow at some point.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    I just skimmed through most of this, but FAU is in. WKU will probably follow at some point.
    Yeah. Thanks for reminding me. I need to label the FAU thread a little better.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Actually I have.
    then based on your post you haven't been paying attention the past 20 years.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    then based on your post you haven't been paying attention the past 20 years.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

We should add whoever has the best WBB program.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    We should add whoever has the best WBB program.
    That's what Maddawg's been emailing me.

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

Another "market team" that doesn't rule its market.
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TN Dawg 13 View Post
    Another "market team" that doesn't rule its market.

...which has nothing to do with the concept of marketing as it applies to college football.

+ Reply to Thread